Page 1 of 1

Good news on my progress

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:00 pm
by ac10
I haven't had a chance to get to a computer the last few days, But here I'am. To summarize reactions from people while on the meds keeptrying09 sent me last week, So far so good is how I should put it. Nobody has reacted negatively whenever I talk since I've been on the meds. Which is great, I hope this is permanent. I've been going out with friends, talking and hanging out so I can see if this stuff is actually working. Being that I'm not 100% sure about the results, I don't get in nobody's face and start talking like a normal person would do, but while in the car, even with the windows up, I've been blabbing a whole more, and nobody cracks the window open. I couldn’t ask for a better reaction. I've had people open the car window whenever I start talking in the peak of winter. It would be freezing outside, but the windows would come down to let the stink out of the car.

So that’s been one form of testing my breath out, the other one is my girlfriend. I've been with her for a year and we've had a bb discussion once, which was a few months ago when I told her how I got it. I haven’t told her that I'm on these meds because I wanted to use her honest, natural reaction to know if there actually working for me or not. So we went out to eat the other day, ever since encountering bb, eating makes it a million times worse. After eating, we got in a car on our way to my house, Once again I started talking all the way home to see if she would react negatively, and she didn't. Not once did she even attempt to open the window. This NEVER EVER happens when we leave a restaurant, even If I go to the bathroom and rinse my mouth out, and this time I didn’t rinse it out.

So we got home and while I was laying on my bed she sat on my stomache, and we were talking. I was talking directly in her face and she didn’t move or adjust her body in any way. I almost never talk directly in her face, especially not after a meal, and she most of the time still would adjust her body so she wouldn’t smell the fumes from my mouth. But that night she didn’t, It was great
So that's my update a week in from the start of the meds. I hope this result is permanent. I have two days left on the flagyl and a week on fluconazle

Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:22 pm
by KeepTrying09
Thanks for the detailed feedback ac10. And congrats to you. :D

I really hope this is a permanent solution for you.

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:25 am
by terranpatriot
Flagyl is a powerful antibiotic, and fluconazole is an anti-fungal. you need to take strong probiotics to maintain flora while on that stuff. I recommend a new kind they have at GNC, called GNC Ultra Probiotic Complex 50. It's 34.99 and each capsule holds 50 billion cells.

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:26 am
by KeepTrying09
terranpatriot wrote:Flagyl is a powerful antibiotic, and fluconazole is an anti-fungal. you need to take strong probiotics to maintain flora while on that stuff. I recommend a new kind they have at GNC, called GNC Ultra Probiotic Complex 50. It's 34.99 and each capsule holds 50 billion cells.
Hey TP,

No offense, but GNC is usually overpriced and not really worth the cost. A better source to get probiotics from is online. I got my probiotics from a US based website, http://www.vitacost.com. From all the websites I looked at, that one had the lowest prices for probiotic supplements, and they had a really wide selection. This is a US based website though. I don't know any websites that have cheap probiotics for those people living in Europe.

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:13 am
by terranpatriot
Good point KT. That was my impulsive side talking. That side tends to take over sometimes when you have BB...when you're willing to spend any amount at any time on anything that could be of any help lol