Page 1 of 1

Question on Adenoid and Nasal BB

Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:59 am
by hoping
I have nasal BB for almost 7 yrs now and nothing cured me. And the nasal BB is not my imagination 'cus I lost a few jobs over this nasal odor. Co-workers made fun of me and humiliated me at the work place. There were good days and bad days..some days I can be very smelly and some day I don't smell at all. I can smell it myself and I don't need to depend on other people's reaction on my nasal odor.

I used to think that I have TMAU and I ate low choline food , took B2, copper chlorophyll, activated charcoal, probiotics but it didn't help. I had CT scan and my sinuses are cleared. Other meds I tried included diflucan and neomycin and tons of supplements over the past yrs.
.
I still have my tonsils and adenoid.

My question is: Does adenoid contribute to the nasal bad breath?

Any comments/advice would be highly appreciated.

P.S. I feel so frustrated that I want to get rid of my adenoid soooo bad.

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:33 am
by halitosisux
You need to determine that question for yourself. I think ENTs just make the assumption that unless you complain of severe symptoms, then your adenoids must be fine, and they then get overlooked. Even tonsils get overlooked as a cause of BB, yet most of us know how much they can stink, and therefore contribute to BB. Read meowkity's story, she has shared so much information and only recently discovered that her adenoids were the culprit all along. Her symptoms were typical of what so many people on here have too.

Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:16 pm
by caramiamine98
Hi Hoping,

Things that can cause nasal odours besides tonsils and adenoids are:

-Wisdom teeth
-Candida infections

Kudos to you for at least trying the TMAU protocols to see if it helped at all because you just never know until you try. :)

Do you have any amalgams (metal fillings)?

C