THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Benzalkonium Chloride Towelettes?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
fornarina
Total Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:55 pm

Benzalkonium Chloride Towelettes?

Post by fornarina »

I found a box of 100 Benzalkonium Chloride Towelettes for $2.20 on Amazon. Do you guys think this will work? Wipe our tongue with the towelettes?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... /ref=nosim
oceanside
Master
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:45 am

Re: Benzalkonium Chloride Towelettes?

Post by oceanside »

fornarina wrote:I found a box of 100 Benzalkonium Chloride Towelettes for $2.20 on Amazon. Do you guys think this will work? Wipe our tongue with the towelettes?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... /ref=nosim
Fornarina,

Check for any deadly chemicals, if none, baby go for it. Make sure, if you can, have someone to do a smelling test on you. You really got nothing to lose. I intend to make swabs of Benzalkonium Chloride (BK) swabs to clean my tongue when I can't brush at work. I ordered 32 oz of the BK to make my own mouthwash, toothgel. Well, see what happens. We gotta think outside of the box to find answers.

keep us posted.

john
austuser
Sheriff
Posts: 313
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:25 am

Post by austuser »

i just found a bottle of nasal decongestant spray in my house. It has benzalkonium chloride in it. Its called Chemists own Nasal Decongestant, so its a generic brand.

I did use it, even though its my brothers :-&
fornarina
Total Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:55 pm

Post by fornarina »

I seriously think Benzalkonium Chloride works!

First of all, I stopped using TheraBreath and instantly felt my breath was a little better. TheraBreath products actually made my breath worse. Also regular mouthwash with alcohol also makes my breath really bad. So I only brush with regular tooth paste. I feel my breath is a little better, but people still scratched their noses when I talked to them.

After reading about the finding of Benzalkonium Chloride's effect on this board, I ordered the Benzalkonium Chloride Towelettes from Amazon. The towelettes contain 0.13% Benzalkonium Chloride with purified water and sodium bicarbonate. The warning on the package said, "For external use only. Do not use longer than 1 week. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away." But I assume they meant if you swallow the whole towelette.

What I did was after brushing my teeth, I wipe my tongue with the towelette. It tasted a tiny bit salty. After doing that, I brush my teeth and tongue again, especially my tongue. Then I rinse my mouth several minutes just to make sure I get most of the chemical out. My mouth instantly felt really fresh afterward. And it stayed fresh all day and my tongue stayed pink all day long.

I wasn't sure if it was just my imagination or what, but people didn't touch their nose when I talked to them after using the towelette. Yesterday I saw my brother and asked him to tell me honestly if I have bad breath. He said he didn't smell anything when I talked to him. I then breathed right into his nose (doing the haaaaaa~~~ thing). He said he smelt something, but it wasn't bad. But the most important part is, he didn't smell anything when we talked!

I still don't feel safe to use the towelette on a daily basis. So far I only tried it twice. I think using it one time can help my breath stay alright for 1 or 2 days. I think maybe I'll do that tongue wiping thing every 3, 4 days or so.

I'm not suggesting people to try my method because I don't really know if it is safe or not. I really think Benzalkonium Chloride is the key ingredient to our cure. Hopefully some compnany or scientist can come up with a toothpaste or mouthwash that is safe and effective.
findthecure
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:12 am

Fornanina

Post by findthecure »

Fornanina - please can you report on any further experience with towelletes. I bought them - but am a bit afraid to use them. I will if you are still alive and kicking and you think that they are effective. Thanks very much.
fornarina
Total Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:55 pm

Post by fornarina »

Yes, I'm still here. The towellet still works. I now only use it once a week. The rest of the days I keep my tongue nice and pink by brushing it after eating. I can really feel a difference with my breath. I no longer has that fowl taste in my mouth. And I just use regualr toothpaste and floss, nothing else.

BUT... I've been having a headache for the past 3 days. I'm not sure if it is from using the towellet. Or it might be from my allergy?
waitingforrelief
Sheriff
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:21 am

Post by waitingforrelief »

fornarina,

i'm glad you've found some relief. isn't there someone on this board who's familiar with chemical safety and such?

i am just worried that it may not be safe to use that regularly for you...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗