Page 1 of 1

Low Carb and pro biotics diet

Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:29 pm
by Danmeister
I have been on a low carb diet for about 2 weeks now and at the same time I'm taking a pro-biotic called flora balance. Ive been taking double the recomended dose mainly because they shipped my order twice which consists of 4 flora balance in the morning, 2 biotin after lunch and 2 ultimate acid before bed (All these came as a package together).
Since about day 2 Ive had amazing results with the bad breath and my tongue is pink almost completely and as of now Im getting no reactions and I cant smell the odour which I normally can, the time I really noticed it in the past is if Im in my room for a while whether Im eating or not and then leave the room and come back a few minutes later but now there is no odour
at all. Im not sure if this diet alone is the main relief for my symptoms or whether the pro-biotics are vital as well. All I know is this is the closest Ive come to normality in a decade and its taken me by surprise because Ive tried other diets "e.g gluten free" to no avail and Ive always been convinced that the cause is at the back of my throat just out of reach.
As for the diet its not too strict, I read somewhere that on a low carb diet you should have about 1gram carbohydrate to each Kg that you weigh in a single day and Im probably crossing over that by a fair margin. Low carb diets have been mentioned on here many times and lots have dismissed them but from all the routines and crazy remedies Ive tried nothing comes close to this.
I think normally low carb diets take some time to work and there is a die off period but for me touch wood its been pretty straight forward so far though I have noticed some white blobs in my shite...

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:47 am
by KeepTrying09
Hey Danmeister,

Congrats with your success. :D

I've said it before and I'll say it again, everyone should be taking probiotics. There is so much research being done now on them that proves their benefits for numerous conditions. A really good book to read about it is "The Probiotics Revolution". I posted about it in my probiotics thread. viewtopic.php?t=2556

It's a really really really great book to read if you want to know about probiotics and all the great things they can do for you.

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:22 pm
by Danmeister
Cheers I will look into it, building quite a collection of useful books. One I have is called carb counter, its pocket size and tells you how many carbs are in just about everything, even a big mac.

Posted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:26 pm
by misshadenough
hi thats great news , were do you buy flora balance ? do any shops sell it ? i dont really like buying things like that online ?

Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:25 pm
by Ash
Reducing the amount of carbohydrates and sugar in your diet is starving the bacteria of nutrients thus reducing the bacterial population, this will inevitably reduce bad breath.

Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:04 pm
by macks86
i totally see how this would help bb. but realistically i dont know how to do it. i want to try it but am severely underweight as it is. i currently dont eat meat, dairy or sugar. i feel if i cut out carbs i would be doing something detremental to my help.

any advice from ppl on this diet? that ideally isnt just living off supplements

Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:37 am
by Music Lady
Danmeister could you please describe your bb? what is the smell like is it more fecal? or fruity breath? or is it like a rotten egg or meat smell? Is it like a dirty sock/shoe type of smell? does it carry far or does it only affect someone standing right in front of you.

I just feel some of us might have different problems and sometimes its related to the smell. Like diabetes people generally have a fruity type smell.

Also how long were you on the diet and products before they worked?

thanks