THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Oral Antifungal test

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
searching
Master
Posts: 262
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:48 pm
Gender:

Oral Antifungal test

Post by searching »

I’ve successfully managed the control of dandruff, and a low-level scalp odor, for most of my life using antifungal shampoos. This hasn’t cured my dandruff, instead if has suppressed the fungi that find my scalp-environment hospitable.

I therefore tried a test based on this hypothesis. If my personal physiology is inviting to a disproportionally-high level of scalp fungi, perhaps my oral ecology is inviting to fungi as well.

The test:
After brushing my teeth with ordinary toothpaste, I brushed a second time, for about two (2) minutes, with a minuscule amount of dandruff shampoo containing 2wt% Ketoconazole (1-[4-(4-{[(2R,4S)-2-(2,4-dichlorophenyl)-2-(1H-imidazol-1-ylmethyl)-1,3-dioxolan-4yl]methoxy}phenyl)piperazin-1-yl]ethan-1-one). It is a lipid-soluble, chemical species that disrupts the maintenance of fungal cell membranes. I did not ingest this material.

I estimate the amount of shampoo, placed onto the toothbrush, as 1/200 of a gram, i.e. a tiny spot. Therefore, I would have to repeat this process 10000 times before my body came in contact with a cumulative, one (1) total gram of Ketoconazole.

The result:
An immediate change. There was a low-level, medicinal taste that lingered after rinsing with water, i.e. lipophilic antifungal. All foul sensation neutralized, for the remainder of the next several days.

I repeated this test a second time, thus far, three days after the first test, with identical results. It is too early to conclude that my offending, oral parasite is fungal. My body, however, has shown (elsewhere) chronic signs of fungal overgrowth, i.e. scalp and nails.
hopelessone
Sheriff
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:53 am

Post by hopelessone »

what shampoo did you use?
malory
Master
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:02 pm
Gender:

Post by malory »

I didn't know that boric acid could be used in the mouth, although I have used it vaginally. Where do you get such a product? I don't think it could be safe to make your own from boric acid powder.

I used DILUTED grapefruit seed extract and held it in my mouth and found that to be effective. However, I once burnt my tongue really badly doing that and could hardly eat or talk for 2 days.
searching
Master
Posts: 262
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:48 pm
Gender:

Post by searching »

hopelessone wrote:what shampoo did you use?
Hello hopelessone,

The shampoo is Nizoral. Please note I am not a medical professional. I'm doing tests to develop a better understanding, and more-effective management, of my personal condition. [ intriguing name: Nizoral ].

Dr. Aydin,

Thank you for your suggestion. I used the shampoo in this fungicide-test as it was a convenient ketoconazole-containing item already in my home.

I am working to determine if the offending microorganism(s) are primarily fungal or bacterial. This recent test of antifungal material has provided a rapid and clear result, albeit temporary. Until now I thought the condition was exclusively caused by anaerobic bacteria.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗