Page 1 of 1

Halitox Test

Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 11:22 am
by Hooch
Hey Guys, would appreciate some input...
I am a sufferer too...but I just don't know the severity anymore - I have no one to ask. Has anyone had a halitox test at the dentist - where they put a cotton swab on your tongue then immerse it into a clear solution and it changes to a shade of yellow..the shade depends on the amount of sulphur compounds present. Well, I had one and the denstist said he detected no odour ( I had done my cleansing routine an hour before) but the swab turned flourescent yellow pretty immediately and he said don't worry and that his would probably be the same. So I'm thinking I'm okay but I still get reactions from people and the bad taste in my mouth returns an hour or so after brushing my teeth - but I can't detect an odour myself. Are there any sure ways to self test?
Thanks for your time

Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:02 pm
by bhd
put your head into your shirt without breathing and smell normallly. then let a big deep breath into your shirt as long as you can. then smell. if theres a bad difference then yah..

also put your finger on your tongue, dry it a little bit and then smell.

also if ur tongue's yellow or nasty white, it's probably a sign of toxification although there are people who have white tongue and no bb

Posted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:07 am
by Hooch
[quote][/quote]

Re: Halitox Test

Posted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:09 am
by Hooch
aydinmur wrote:
Hooch wrote:Has anyone had a halitox test at the dentist - where they put a cotton swab on your tongue then immerse it into a clear solution and it changes to a shade of yellow
I personaly so belive that is is commercial trap. Halitox was a product that detects neutral protease enzymes. These enzymes are not specific for halitosis patients. It is no longer made by BioScience company. BANA (N-benzoyl-DL-arginine-naphthylamide) test is also one of the same category products

Does this mean the test was meaningless and I should ignore the findings?