Page 1 of 1

I figured out where my bb is coming from..going to ent, HELP

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:52 am
by bbsux
So after long time not knowing where my bb was coming from today i think figured it out. Its my throat, i had thick mucus while i was in school and knew my breath was REEKING!! The mucus aslo tasted bad.

So while driving i put my hand as long as i possibly could in the back of my mouth and scooped the mucus.. OMFG the smell was horrible , smelled like combination of old cheese and shit. So I took my other hand and again stick the hand in the back of my throat and rubbed the throat with my fingers and a thick WHITE stuff ended up on my hand and it smelled HORRIBLE. It smelled worse than tonsil stones.. The smell was so bad that it filled up my car within minutes. I literally had to open the window in my car, my stomach started hurting because the smell was so strong . I knew my breath was bad but i didnt know it was that bad, i have no idea how anyone in school wants to talk to me.

Although the white stuff smelled like tonsil stones i cannot see any tonsil stones in my tonsiles no matter how hard i look. But i am sure my throat is covered with white goo that smells like old cheese/feces. The smell filled up the car from my hands, i can almost imagine what happens when i actually breathe it out while talking directly onto people.

In one way i am happy i figured it out finally, on the other hand i am never expected it to smell that bad. IT was coming FROM ME and IT ALMOST MADE ME THROW UP, i can almost imagine what other people are feeling.

My question is , i saw that someone posted pictures where doctors took the pictures of their throat and it had white stuff on it. This person was cured with the help of ENT but i am not sure who it is so i can ask them what is the condition. I plan on going to ENT ASAP, as soon as i get the appoitment.

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:04 am
by bbsux
http://www.steadyhealth.com/White_chunk ... sc-40.html

This is forum of 12 pages of people complaining about tonsil stones, I tried to see my tonsile stones but i can barely see them with my tongue, and i dont see anything white popping out.

that has to be my problem now even though i cant see the tonsile stones, could they be on my throat might be attached to my thorat. I also read that it might be yeast infection, either way , this ENT better know what he is doing because i will go into the office prepared.

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:48 am
by Renato
bbsux, this is interesting, I do not have PND. But I believe I suffer from silent reflux.
When doing the same thing as you did, trying to reach the throat with my fingers and scrapping a little bit, they came out with a fault odor.

When also scrapping my back tongue, it comes with the same bad odor. However, I believe bacteria overgrowth is taking place somewhere, perhaps in lingual tonsil or esophagus, but not from my sinuses. ENT confirmed no adenoides and clean sinuses on me.

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:14 am
by bbsux
i was right, it was keeptrying that posted the pictures, this is what i was reffering too. I am almost positive i have the same problem..

viewtopic.php?t=2534&highlight=

Re: I figured out where my bb is coming from..going to ent,

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:18 am
by KeepTrying09
bbsux wrote:My question is , i saw that someone posted pictures where doctors took the pictures of their throat and it had white stuff on it. This person was cured with the help of ENT but i am not sure who it is so i can ask them what is the condition. I plan on going to ENT ASAP, as soon as i get the appoitment.
Hey bbsux,

Yeah, that was me you are referring to. But it wasn't an ENT who helped me, it was a gastroenterologist. But i'm sure an ENT should be able to help you. Good luck and let us know what you find out. :)

Posted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:23 am
by Sevenfold
bbsux,


Thanks for posting the information here.

I too have a smell in what seems to be in the back of my throat. When I reach my finger back there and dig up mucus from what I am assuming to be post nasal drip, the mucus smells similar to the tonsil stone smell, even though I had a adenotonsilectomy a few months ago.

I reached as far back as I could with my fingers (they are not very long) nearly to the point of vomiting but did not seem to divulge any white patches as you did.

What I DID find was that the more i swiped my finger back there I found dark yellow strands of what I am assuming to be mucus that may have been there for a while.

So I continued fingering back there and spitting up this nonsense which is probably post nasal drip.

Interjection, I am also diagnosed with silent acid reflux/gerd/reflux esophagitis but I do have positive post nasal drip.

After I did this, I actually found that I could breathe from both nostrils and that I could breathe better.

The next day and ever since I don't seem to be able to call up nearly as much PND. Perhaps a lot had accumulated there that i could not reach and was perhaps just chilling out, getting food particles on the mucus.

If you ever spit up mucus after eating you may find that the mucus smells like whatever you just ate or drank so that could be it.

I brushed/flossed my tongue as much as possible and scraped as well. Drank some liquid and the tongue seemed more pink.

I went to test it out. It was early so I couldn't go to a bar or anything so I just went to several Quiktrips (24 hour gas stations in the lower central area US) and just bought small items.

each one was really busy with overnight recieving so these guys did not have time to chat. One guy seemed pissed off. Another guy may have given a response similar to a "scratching cheek with finger" response.

Another girl nearby that he was talking to took a few steps back but it also seemed that she was kind of wandering that direction..Past that he nor she rubbed their noses.

At the other quiktrips, no one rubbed their noses. Proximity targets (when your BB is really bad people nearby will also have a response) was negative.

But it wasn't enough. I will repeat tonight and see if this has helped.

The most difficult thing to do is knowing where to go.

I have wisdom teeth growing in, reflux, diagnosed with gastritis earliar this year, post nasal drip and a whiteish tongue, it's just too many factors for me.

But I do know that the PND smells so I will start with that. Previously had tonsil stones even though my tonsils were small, and those have been yanked out.

I also had a trimming of my uvula. Ever since then the smell could be smelled through my nose when previously could only be smelled when I talked.

So take care not to make the situation worse.

Please go to the ENT ASAP and you may want to leave out that you do this kind of research. I find that the doctors need a problem so that they can solve it.

You may want to tell them when you stick your finger back there, you found white patches that smell badly which may have been contributing to non-dental related bad breath (your doctor, being polite may say they don't smell anything, get used to this and ignore it as they don't want to be rude) and that you would like a endoscopy performed to have visual confirmation of said infection.

Unless your doctor gives you a good reasoning for this, describes a problem and a solution with x pill stand firm on what you think should be done.

Also explain that you don't have post nasal drip. If you want an endoscopy, you have to cockblock the other suggestions which are irrelevant.

Explain what happened in the car and kindly insist on a endoscopy.

Please post results of your ENT conversation here and alternatively I will contribute what I find as well.

Posted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:38 am
by Sevenfold
Image
Mucus here was dark yellow, thick viscosity. Odor is faintly similar to tonsilith smell. Clear mucus also produces this smell.

Image
After fingering for a while I coughed up a little more of this darker colored mucus, almost as if I had pulled it out of it's hiding spot. The mucus sticks like glue and clings to my finger as seen here.

Image
Hard to see due to using an iPhone 3G camera. This is when I first saw the different colored mucus. Digging back there only produced more clear mucus. It stuck to the sink like glue. When I turned the faucet on, it didn't really make the mucus move much so I could say it's viscocity is kind of slimy or gooey.

As I moved my finger about back there, the smell seemed to be getting stronger as if I was getting close to finding something. Based on the fact that I have yet to really find any smell elsewhere with my own research I will continue down this road.

Tonight I will repeat the process hoping to clean the rest of this up. The mucus does not clear easily with water. When spitting in the sink and turning on the faucet you can see the strands clinging to where they were. This area behind the tongue is not where a brush would reach and drinking, as simulated in the sink would probably not move it much.

Considering that food also travels down this path it could be possible some particles of food are sticking to this mucus that hangs out there and the resulting bacteria is producing the odor as they feed on the mucus/food particles.

Some of the mucus had little dots of what I could assume were tiny food particles, but not very often.

Just thought I would share my experience in regards to your post. Thanks for posting that, by the way. I will see if this helps.

Posted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:00 am
by halitosisux
Hi sevenfold, does the mucus you blow out of your nose ever smell like this? If not then what you are describing is fairly typical for most people with this problem who start putting their fingers down their throat.

What you describe sounds like you have standard bacterial overactivity on the back of your tongue, which your stagnant mucus is exacerbating.

Most people, even those without BB, pull things from their throat that would make your photos look quite normal to put it mildly.

I'm not having a dig, just giving you an opinion.

Posted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:17 am
by Sevenfold
and thanks for the opinion.

Went out tonight. BB seemed less proximity but more so close range. The mucus really does kind of smell like bluh.

I never thought to smell it coming out of my nose. I will try that as well. I believe the best resource is us sharing as much information as possible.

Even your opinion just now helps. I may very well have acid breath. I just can't seem to pinpoint it. If I could just pinpoint a problem I could solve anything.

Most of us would give an arm just to live a normal life. Research and collaboration is important..this problem has made us all strong in at least one way, the way that we would never give up and I believe that we should help one another.

I encourage anyone else to give feedback.


I am concerned that I may have acid breath and that a hiatial hernia may be present. I just need somewhere to start. Even if I fail I just want to help someone fix their problem. That is why this site exists - to form a database of information in which we can divulge but it needs to be centralized, detailed. That's why I posted pictures.

Considering my problem I did manage to get some good people in my life. Some of us are not as lucky...I want to help us all.

It's not just solving the problem - It's helping each other as a family, as our personal lives all suffer. We are all here for a reason. Many of us want the truth more than anything.

I am praying, hoping for every single person that studied enough to find this site and encourage everyone to donate and support it..

I hope that you will share more opinions with me. Also, if you could possibly tell me your problem as well?

Also: Ever since then I have been spitting this up. In addition to your response, if it is standard bacterial overactivity exasterbated by my mucus, what solutions are availible for such a problem? Have been taking 5 pills of culturelle lately. I get a small headache seems like when I do. Other than that no effect.

Posted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:58 am
by halitosisux
Hi, If you think you have a hiatal hernia then you need to find out. Acid reflux can lead to secondary issues that lead to BB, and chemically may even be directly attributable to the the bacterial overactivity. I dont know if there is any concise evidence to show this to be true or not. From what I've seen on here, medication that stops the production of stomach acid doesnt seem to have any effect on BB. So whether acid itself plays any direct part isnt very clear. I think its far more likely that not enough acid would cause BB rather than too much, for its effect this would potentially have on the overall digestive system.

The only thing that ever helped me was zinc. Stupidly, I never bothered to try any commercial products containing zinc, but crushing a zinc supplement tablet and rubbing that into my tongue had a very significant effect. Probably the wrong type of zinc though, cos it gave me a strange egg-like taste in my mouth, which I couldnt stand.

Posted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:07 pm
by halitosisux
Sorry, I made a mistake. I was using Zinc Gluconate on my tongue.

Do most of the commercial mouthwashes which use Zinc contain the best type of Zinc? I need to look into this when I have time again during the week.

Posted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:43 am
by KeepTrying09
Usually if your mucus is a dark green or yellow color it is a sign of an infection. Have you checked into the possibility of chronic sinusitis or rhinitis?