Apologies if this has been asked a trillion times but does everyone here who suffers also have a bad taste in the mouth?
How bad..what does it taste like?
Does anyone have BB and have a neutral taste?
Thanks again for your time
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Levels of Bad Taste..in the mouth that is
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Hi Hooch.
BB is not always from the tongue. It can come from the lungs, from the throat, from the nose, from the tubes leading to the stomach or the lungs etc. So just having a bad taste doesnt tell you much, infact it can be quite misleading because you can have bad tastes for reasons that have nothing to do with BB . What is far more important is the severity of the odour on your tongue. And usually, if its severe enough, then you'll have BB.. and you'll probably be able to taste that.
BB is not always from the tongue. It can come from the lungs, from the throat, from the nose, from the tubes leading to the stomach or the lungs etc. So just having a bad taste doesnt tell you much, infact it can be quite misleading because you can have bad tastes for reasons that have nothing to do with BB . What is far more important is the severity of the odour on your tongue. And usually, if its severe enough, then you'll have BB.. and you'll probably be able to taste that.
Thanks Halitosisux...I'm pretty sure mine is oral based and tongue based as I've had my teeth checked and they are fine. I think I'm relatively fortunate in that I have about an hour or two's (absolute maximum) grace after I've brushed my teeth/tongue etc and then the bad taste returns and the odour is there...
Do you or anyone else happen to know if it's natural for everyone (people without bb) to have some level of tongue odour? Thanks for your time.
Do you or anyone else happen to know if it's natural for everyone (people without bb) to have some level of tongue odour? Thanks for your time.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
yw Hooch,
Its normal to have a certain amount of odour. I've even smelled the saliva on people who dont have BB and it still had a small amount of odour once it dried.
Regarding oral sources of BB (level-1), most people remain below the threshold that makes their breath perceptibly foul to others, except during sleep or during excercise etc, when factors that normally manage this have become reduced and odours build up.
BB becomes a problem when even with the factors in place that would usually manage to keep things below the threshold, there is enough intensity and type of odour produced to make the breath perceptibly foul.
There are modern diagnostic tests available to determine these levels. Even human noses cannot be absolutely trusted to determine the presense or not of a foul odour.
I am given total assurances that my breath does not normally smell (since the extraction of one of my wisdom teeth which was producing its own stench) and yet if I put my finger down my throat (particularly in the morning) it smells a bit, but the rest of my tongue its hardly noticable. My saliva has a slight odour if I allow it to dry out, but nothing like what it used to be like. This is the whole point im making, that there is a threshold and a cut-off point, which evolution has probably played some part in.
Its normal to have a certain amount of odour. I've even smelled the saliva on people who dont have BB and it still had a small amount of odour once it dried.
Regarding oral sources of BB (level-1), most people remain below the threshold that makes their breath perceptibly foul to others, except during sleep or during excercise etc, when factors that normally manage this have become reduced and odours build up.
BB becomes a problem when even with the factors in place that would usually manage to keep things below the threshold, there is enough intensity and type of odour produced to make the breath perceptibly foul.
There are modern diagnostic tests available to determine these levels. Even human noses cannot be absolutely trusted to determine the presense or not of a foul odour.
I am given total assurances that my breath does not normally smell (since the extraction of one of my wisdom teeth which was producing its own stench) and yet if I put my finger down my throat (particularly in the morning) it smells a bit, but the rest of my tongue its hardly noticable. My saliva has a slight odour if I allow it to dry out, but nothing like what it used to be like. This is the whole point im making, that there is a threshold and a cut-off point, which evolution has probably played some part in.
- KeepTrying09
- Sheriff
- Posts: 463
- Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:14 pm
- Location: Thailand
Thanks for the input guys. I am trying to ascertain how bad my problem is as I don't really have anyone to ask. It's def improved since giving up dairy, vigorous tongue cleaning etc but I'm pretty certain it's still there. I am seriously considering going to a Fresh Breath Centre here in London...it's kinda expensive and people seem to have differing experiences of visiting...but it would be good to know what the level of odour is. I'm rambling on now...thanks again
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.