Page 1 of 2

OraMoist (patch for the mouth to keep it moist)

Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:22 pm
by Susie
Anyone heard of this? I saw this ad in a magazine. I guess it's a patch you put on the roof of your mouth. Suppose to keep mouth moist for 4 hours. You can also get a free trial size 1-800-448-1448 www.OraMoist.com

Susie

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:24 am
by KeepTrying09
The link you provided is not working. Perhaps you could provide a link that actually worked...

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:03 pm
by trouble
sounds good in first place!

http://www.dentist.net/oramoist-dry-mouth-discs.asp

but looking at the ingredients... don't know :| seems to work "antacid" > so no good for me.

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:06 pm
by Susie
KeepTrying09 wrote: Perhaps you could provide a link that actually worked...

Ummm don't know why it isn't working on your end, but I can type it in and it works just fine.

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:11 pm
by Susie
Trouble,
Do you think this is an antacid? Cause that's not really what I understood it to be. If it is an antacid I don't want to use it either.

Does anyone else think this is an antacid?

I think this would be great for someone at night b/c I know my mouth dries out terrible at night.

Susie

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:30 pm
by sadman

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:46 pm
by Renato
sadman wrote:Check this one out :

http://www.nuvorainc.com/salese.html
This is a great product. Has an antibacterial, an anti-sulfur gases an antiacid and sugar free.

Some time ago, some people in this forum were talking the possibility of having a product like this.

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:03 pm
by Renato
The bad thing of this product is the Peppermint, since this increases reflux.

Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:25 pm
by Susie
I ordered my free sample of oramoist today. They didn't even charge shipping!!!

Susie

Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:15 am
by trouble
it's alkaline because of the ingredients (like baking soda, etc.). i doubt that it would help to fight the smelly gases in my case, because treatment with baking soda made things much worse.

xylitol doesnt bother my "bad" bacteria either (i tried xylitol-drops, xylitol-powder to rinse/brush).

zinc although seems to be a good thing! \:D/


@susie: please post your experience!

Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:36 am
by KeepTrying09
aydinmur wrote:It doesnt seem this product is for halitosis

Ingredients: Xylitol, Polyvinyl pyrrolidone, Carbomer homopolymer, Triglycerides, Lemon flavor, Citric acid, Calcium carbonate, Hydroxy propyl cellulose, Sodium chloride, Silicone dioxide, Magnesium stearate, Glucose oxidase, Lysozyme, Lactoferrin, Carmine.


This product contains three of saliva enzymes (Glucose oxidase, Lysozyme, Lactoferrin). They are used for dry mouth cases. Other ingredients are not meaningful.

These three enzymes are also present in Biotène tooth paste and rinse.
Hey Aydinmur,

The product might not be specifically for halitosis, but isn't dry mouth one of the causes of bad breath? I've read from more than one website that dry mouth can cause bad breath. If so, then if this product helped to relieve dry mouth, perhaps it would also inadvertently take care of any bad breath issues.

@Susie - I still can't get the link to work, so maybe there is something wrong on my end. Is anyone else having problems getting the link to work?

Re: OraMoist (patch for the mouth to keep it moist)

Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:13 pm
by br
Susie wrote:Anyone heard of this? I saw this ad in a magazine. I guess it's a patch you put on the roof of your mouth. Suppose to keep mouth moist for 4 hours. You can also get a free trial size 1-800-448-1448 www.OraMoist.com.

Susie
In conjunction with KT, I cannot open the link either and I am in the UK. I attempted about 3 times.

Dr. R

Re: OraMoist (patch for the mouth to keep it moist)

Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:55 am
by KeepTrying09
br wrote:In conjunction with KT, I cannot open the link either and I am in the UK. I attempted about 3 times.

Dr. R
Hey br,

Are you a Doctor? I just saw you put Dr. R in your closing and I wondered.

Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:31 am
by Renato
trouble wrote:sounds good in first place!

http://www.dentist.net/oramoist-dry-mouth-discs.asp

but looking at the ingredients... don't know :| seems to work "antacid" > so no good for me.


This is the link your talking about, which worked for me.

Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:33 am
by Renato
aydinmur wrote:
Renato wrote: Has an antibacterial, an anti-sulfur gases an antiacid and sugar free.
It doesnt seem this product is for halitosis

Ingredients: Xylitol, Polyvinyl pyrrolidone, Carbomer homopolymer, Triglycerides, Lemon flavor, Citric acid, Calcium carbonate, Hydroxy propyl cellulose, Sodium chloride, Silicone dioxide, Magnesium stearate, Glucose oxidase, Lysozyme, Lactoferrin, Carmine.


This product contains three of saliva enzymes (Glucose oxidase, Lysozyme, Lactoferrin). They are used for dry mouth cases. Other ingredients are not meaningful.

These three enzymes are also present in Biotène tooth paste and rinse.



The product I'm talking about contains the following:


Ingredients
Xanthan gum: A natural polymer with a "slippery, saliva feel" when it makes contact with the oral mucosa. Salese's slow release technology maintains this moist mouth-feel for prolonged periods.

Essential oils: Bacteria in the mouth combine with muco-polysaccharides to form biofilm. As biofilm continues to grow in a layering fashion, it gets thicker and hardens to form plaque. Salese's essential oils kill bacteria and impedes biofilm. The essential oils in Salese are the same as those used in the leading brand, but without the alcohol that typically causes burning and stinging sensations. So, Salese also tastes better. The essential oils are: peppermint, eucalyptol, thymol and wintergreen.

Xylitol: Salese also contains Xylitol - a powerful inhibitor of bacterial growth. Other mouthwash and spray products offer a short duration of contact with Xylitol, with only a momentary effect on bacteria. Salese delivers Xylitol over a long period of time.

Sodium Bicarbonate: Salese also contains Sodium Bicarbonate which brings the pH balance of the mouth back to neutral and helps prevent demineralization.

Zinc: Zinc neutralizes the sulfur containing compounds that causes bad breath. The basis of the polymer lozenge is cellulose.