Your Email Address:

First Name:

does a smell from the tonsils have to affect ones breath?

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
cool
Junior

does a smell from the tonsils have to affect ones breath?

Post by cool »

hi im new to this forum, but im researching bb for years.

i found out my tonsils are producing tonsil stones a few years ago. in my case only few. with a constant checking with qtips, spotlight and waterpik etc i manage to not see any stone for months.
but i know some stones are hidden in the crypts and i cant get them by no chance with any of my technics- i even tried a "vacuum pump"(not sure the right word in english). from one of my crypts comes a light odor sometimes light sometimes stronger but never that bad as a tonsil stone and i guess this makes my tongue a lil white coated but just a lil.
i can only detect this odor with a q-tip right after oral hygiene and only once at each time, then it wont be detectable unless i will brush teeth again.

would u say this is enough to make my breath bad or does it have to smell really bad?

level3
Total Newbie

Post by level3 »

Maybe.
The things smell so bad that even a tiny one can probably make your breath bad.

I have the bad smell coming from only one of my tonsils.
I have got tonsils stones out of the hole before, but I just cant see any there now, although if i put my finger on the area, it still smells, so there must be more lurking somewhere where its impossible to see no matter how much i prod and gargle, and squirt mouthwash at them.
So annoying!

When i first discovered tonsil stons a few months ago, i done alot of googling and looking at pictures of tonsils, as i was not even sure what tonsils are! (for ages I thought that my tonsils were my uvula! lol)

However, now that i know where they are, I realise that my tonsils seem so different to all of the pictures i look at.
Everyone elses tonsils seem to look like little balloons either side of the tongue, whereas mine are just little holes in my throat.

Does anyone else have tonsils like mine?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Im gonna look into getting them removed as I think that will cure bad breath for most people, although, in my case, there is nothing to remove!!??
cool
Junior

Post by cool »

from what i heard:

tonsils produce detritus as part of their natural task dealing with infects etc.
if your tonsils are cryptet, detritus might form to tonsil stones.

conclusion

1 if you dont have deep crypts, stones wont form, so closing the deep crypts might be a mild solution (cryptolysis).
does anybody know if cryptolysis is offered in germany?

2 dealing with infects and bacteria might be a neccessary task for your tonsils, so removing the palantine ones might migrate the promlem to the other tonsils, because they now have to do the palantines job.
not sure about that as i just made this theory on my own. maybe other tonsils wont form stones due to not being that cryptet, so a tonsillectomy might be a solution.
aydinmur
God

Re: does a smell from the tonsils have to affect ones breath

Post by aydinmur »

cool wrote:...snip... would u say this is enough to make my breath bad or does it have to smell really bad?
Tonsil stones are a very good reason for halitosis. You should think operation.

-Murat Aydin
cool
Junior

Post by cool »

aydinmur wrote:
cool wrote:...snip... would u say this is enough to make my breath bad or does it have to smell really bad?
Tonsil stones are a very good reason for halitosis. You should think operation.

-Murat Aydin

eventhough the smell which i can detect on the tonsil is quite light?
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

cool wrote: eventhough the smell which i can detect on the tonsil is quite light?
Yes. Tonsil stones are very good reason eventhough the smell which you can detect on the tonsil is quite light.

How old are you? male/female? Do you have any systemic problem (especially immun or respiratuar pathology?)

Operation is the best choice. I know Dr Finkelstein is here, perhaps interests with your status.
cool
Junior

Post by cool »

aydinmur wrote:
cool wrote: eventhough the smell which i can detect on the tonsil is quite light?
Yes. Tonsil stones are very good reason eventhough the smell which you can detect on the tonsil is quite light.

How old are you? male/female? Do you have any systemic problem (especially immun or respiratuar pathology?)

Operation is the best choice. I know Dr Finkelstein is here, perhaps interests with your status.
im 31, male

i wrote my story here, its quite complete:
viewtopic.php?t=2884
cool
Junior

Post by cool »

aydinmur wrote:
Operation is the best choice.
i wonder if any form of cryptolysis or tonsillotomie (removing only a part of the tonsil) wouldnt be the better choice? what are your thoughts on that?

my tonsil "smell" is always from the same crypt from just one tonsil so taking both out doenst make sense ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic