Page 1 of 1

Confused

Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:26 am
by Hooch
I'm confused....I have had a bb problem for a long time....have had some deep cleaning treatments lately so went to a fresh breath clinic for tests to see if improvement has been made..had a halimeter test...after not brushing, eating drinking etc for 12 hours...the reading was 58 (is this low?)...the dentist said she couldn't smell anything (she had no reason to lie...could of made a fortune off me with lots of treatments).

but....the back of my tongue smells...I still have badish taste...floss is a bit smelly...and I still get reactions..
Does this mean I still have bb or am I being mental?

Sorry to be a bore but this is exhausting !

Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:30 am
by halitosisux
Hooch, why dont you try some type of zinc based breath product? Aydinmur uses zinc to establish whether or not his patients have type 1 BB (BB originating predominantly from tongue dorsum). So we know its a reliable way to reduce this type of BB.

You are gauging your BB from reactions (not saying reactions arent real if you really do have BB but if u are looking out for bad reactions you'll always get them, and vice versa when you are feeling positive about something new). If you really feel that the reactions u get are a true indication that you still have BB, then the zinc might be able to help you ascertain the true situation of this exhausting dilemma u are finding yourself in.

Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:43 am
by Hooch
Thanks H - you're right...I do look for reactions, I am hyper alert for them...and of course I get them. I shall try a zinc based product if I can find one here in the UK,

thanks for taking the time to reply