Page 1 of 1
How many Danactives/day?
Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:47 am
by BBsucks
Hey guys....just a quick question (couldn't find the answer by googling). If you drink the probiotic drink Danactive, how many do you have a day? I just take one but I wasn't sure if that was enough. Also do you take probiotic bills in addition? I appreciate the help

Re: How many Danactives/day?
Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:17 am
by KeepTrying09
BBsucks wrote:Hey guys....just a quick question (couldn't find the answer by googling). If you drink the probiotic drink Danactive, how many do you have a day? I just take one but I wasn't sure if that was enough. Also do you take probiotic bills in addition? I appreciate the help

Generally yogurt has between 4 and 10 million Colony Forming Units (CFUs) of probiotic bacteria per serving (that is if it hasn't been killed off already by processing techniques).
Just to put that in perspective, one of the probiotic supplements I take has 35 billion CFUs per capsule, and I even took a probiotic once that had 100 billion per packet. A very popular one in Europe called VSL#3 has 450 billion per packet.
So in my opinion you should take probiotic supplements as well, as their numbers of probiotic bacteria are far higher than what you'll get in yogurt.
Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:02 pm
by BBsucks
Thanks for your response it was very helpful! Any chance you'd share the name of the probiotic you are taking?
Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:10 pm
by KeepTrying09
BBsucks wrote:Thanks for your response it was very helpful! Any chance you'd share the name of the probiotic you are taking?
Sure, no problem. Here are the links to the website I bought mine from.
http://www.vitacost.com/Natures-Way-Pri ... us-Bifidus
http://www.vitacost.com/Natures-Way-Pri ... lus-Optima
http://www.vitacost.com/Natures-Way-Pri ... i-90-Vcaps
http://www.vitacost.com/Natures-Way-Pri ... -Intensive
Also, if you wanna see a really cool video on how each one of those probiotics affect the way homemade yogurt turns out then you can check out this thread (scroll towards the bottom).
viewtopic.php?t=2568
Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:08 pm
by BBsucks
Ahhh you are awesome thanks

So basically they are all the same but different forms correct? Has this helped your BB at all?
Also are you just taking 1 dose/day or multiple?
I appreciate all of your help & hope one day I can be a great source of info for others!
Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:49 am
by KeepTrying09
BBsucks wrote:Ahhh you are awesome thanks

So basically they are all the same but different forms correct?
Yeah, it's the same brand but each one has different strains of probiotic bacteria.
BBsucks wrote:Has this helped your BB at all?
Oh, I don't have BB anymore...that was taken care of back in 2007 when I was treated for my Candida infection. But I do believe that the probiotics as well as all the other natural antifungals I take keeps the Candida from coming back.
BBsucks wrote:Also are you just taking 1 dose/day or multiple?
I alternate between each one. For example one day i'd take the Optima, and then the next day i'd take the Bifidus and Reuteri. Then every couple weeks i'd take one of the Intensive ones. I think that's the best bet to make sure you're getting a good mix of all the probiotic bacteria.
BBsucks wrote:I appreciate all of your help & hope one day I can be a great source of info for others!
You will be! Just don't give up in your search for a cure. Keep Trying!
