THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
ZENKER'S DIVERTICULUM and BAD BREATH
ZENKER'S DIVERTICULUM and BAD BREATH
I read this interesting question from a woman about her husband:
Husband feels like food gets stuck in his throat and feels sensation behind his breastbone, had scope examinations, doctor stretched the opening at the bottom of the esophagus but husband did not get any relief for his swallowing. He as bad smelling breath, like nothing wife had ever smelled before.
Dr. Donohue (newspaper Press Enterprise, Riverside, CA) answers: Your husband should check back with doctor and inquire about Zenker's diverticulum. It's a pouch that forms in the back of the throat, much like a hernia sac. People with the verticulum have a hard time swallowing, particularly solid foods. Foods get stuck in the pouch and when it stays there for a long time undergoes partial digestion and that gives rise to foul breath. Pain swallowing can be experienced in the throat or lower down, at the tip of the breastbone. The diagnosis is made by having the perosn swallow some barium and taking an X-ray picture. The barium enters the diverticulum and outlines it. Surgical correction is possible.
IF SOME OF US ARE WILLING TO SPEND LOT OF MONEY BUYING PRODUCTS THAT DON'T WORK WHY NOT NAG YOUR DOCTOR OR MED. INSURANCE TO CHECK THIS AND PAY THE CO-PAYMENT!! when I suspected I had post nasal drip and my primary doc. was doing nothing about it I kept calling and saying I couldn't sleep because I couldn't breath, I had headaches and such until I had X-rays that showed mucous accumulating on the back of the throat and was sen to the ENT.
Husband feels like food gets stuck in his throat and feels sensation behind his breastbone, had scope examinations, doctor stretched the opening at the bottom of the esophagus but husband did not get any relief for his swallowing. He as bad smelling breath, like nothing wife had ever smelled before.
Dr. Donohue (newspaper Press Enterprise, Riverside, CA) answers: Your husband should check back with doctor and inquire about Zenker's diverticulum. It's a pouch that forms in the back of the throat, much like a hernia sac. People with the verticulum have a hard time swallowing, particularly solid foods. Foods get stuck in the pouch and when it stays there for a long time undergoes partial digestion and that gives rise to foul breath. Pain swallowing can be experienced in the throat or lower down, at the tip of the breastbone. The diagnosis is made by having the perosn swallow some barium and taking an X-ray picture. The barium enters the diverticulum and outlines it. Surgical correction is possible.
IF SOME OF US ARE WILLING TO SPEND LOT OF MONEY BUYING PRODUCTS THAT DON'T WORK WHY NOT NAG YOUR DOCTOR OR MED. INSURANCE TO CHECK THIS AND PAY THE CO-PAYMENT!! when I suspected I had post nasal drip and my primary doc. was doing nothing about it I kept calling and saying I couldn't sleep because I couldn't breath, I had headaches and such until I had X-rays that showed mucous accumulating on the back of the throat and was sen to the ENT.
larck400
I did feel something thick that I could not make come out or go down, I did not have sinus symptoms such as running nose, or feeling like my mucous was dripping down my throat just that thick glob of mucous or something. I did salt water irrigations both home made and store bought but all I got was a running nose and no relief. 2 or 3 days before my scan appt. I used grapefruit oil nose irrigation and also grapefruit mouth and throat spray. The BB was still there but the scan showed nothing wrong with me. A few moths before I had X-ray that showed accumulated mucous. You might want to try the grapefruit irrigation. I bought mine at a health food market for about $7.00
I did feel something thick that I could not make come out or go down, I did not have sinus symptoms such as running nose, or feeling like my mucous was dripping down my throat just that thick glob of mucous or something. I did salt water irrigations both home made and store bought but all I got was a running nose and no relief. 2 or 3 days before my scan appt. I used grapefruit oil nose irrigation and also grapefruit mouth and throat spray. The BB was still there but the scan showed nothing wrong with me. A few moths before I had X-ray that showed accumulated mucous. You might want to try the grapefruit irrigation. I bought mine at a health food market for about $7.00
Thats very interesting you quoted Dr. Donohue from the county in which I live.
Sorry if this post is almost incoherent, I am drunk.
I am almost paranoid that this is an advertising thing, though that wouldn't make sense. I am trying to contact this doctor so that I may request he explain to my doctor why I should be checked out for the above described condition.Dr. Donohue (newspaper Press Enterprise, Riverside, CA) answers: Your husband should check back with doctor and inquire about Zenker's diverticulum.
Sorry if this post is almost incoherent, I am drunk.
-
emotional rescue
- Sheriff
- Posts: 450
- Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:34 am
.Eric wrote:Thats very interesting you quoted Dr. Donohue from the county in which I live.
I am almost paranoid that this is an advertising thing, though that wouldn't make sense.Dr. Donohue (newspaper Press Enterprise, Riverside, CA) answers: Your husband should check back with doctor and inquire about Zenker's diverticulum.
yeah, in fact, it doesn´t make sense.
Clearly you were drunk
Eric
I been reading the newspaper section called "YOUR LIFE" page D4 for almost a year now cause it has the Annie's mailbox where they advice people about their problems, (interesting and fun) and also Dr. Donohue answers medical questions. His address In care of the Press Enterprise, P.O. Box 792, Riverside, CA 92502-0792 No e-mail address.
I been reading the newspaper section called "YOUR LIFE" page D4 for almost a year now cause it has the Annie's mailbox where they advice people about their problems, (interesting and fun) and also Dr. Donohue answers medical questions. His address In care of the Press Enterprise, P.O. Box 792, Riverside, CA 92502-0792 No e-mail address.
-
perrymason
- Advanced
- Posts: 134
- Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:38 am
The reason you gag in the night is because the food isn't fully digested in your stomach yet. It's normalchomp wrote:I have a question. I brush the back of my tongue 2 times a day (before breakfast and after dinner). In the mornings I gag but nothing comes up but in the night even if I brush 2 or 3 hours after I have had dinner I gag and some of the food with acid comes up. Is this normal? Thanks
In the morning, the food was digested overnight which causes no acid to come up when you gag
- Archimonde
- Super Angel
- Posts: 878
- Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:14 pm
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.