Page 1 of 1

evora plus (oral probiotic) for BB

Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:40 pm
by Enuf
Hello,

Long time sufferer, first time poster. Just wondering if anyone has any luck with this oral probiotic, evora plus? It is supposed to help gum and tooth health, freshen breath, and whiten teeth. It contains ProBiora3......I have been using for a few days now, and at least my sinuses seem to be clearing. Not sure about the BB quite yet. Mouth feels cleaner though.

I will post results in a few more days. I got mine at Walgreen's drugstore.

Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:37 am
by hopefulasever
Please do let us know the results. I have used another Probiotic few months back for the first time, and the results were amazing though short-lived. My BB is totally gone and post nasal drip stopped and I had a very bad bowel movement (atleast 5 times a day) and excessive gas ...all gone... but it worked only for around 10 days before the bb and all other related problems started to appear. Do let us know please the results...

Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:37 pm
by meowkity1
I USED EVOR ONCE. OFCOURSE i COULDNT HAVE BEEN CURED FROM IT BECAUE i LATER FOUND i HAD TONSIL SONES. iT JUST SEEMED TO PUT A COATING ON MY TONGUE THAT TOOK MONTHS TO GET OFF.

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:20 pm
by hope4now
I've been using it for about 5 days. I had just gone to the dentist for a cleaning. The hygienist was complaining about my receding gums and how I may have to see a periodontist about my gum disease if they don't improve soon. (I'm beginning to think my bb is the result of gum disease. The tonsil stones may have been a side effect rather than the cause.) She gave me some mouthwash to rinse with before she started, so I know my breath was not good. This was after I had already done my full cleaning routine (including water pik) at home and had not had anything but water. Pretty discouraging to say the least.

Anyway later in the day I heard an ad on the radio for EP. I remembered I had purchased EP awhile back, but never really gave it a fair trial. So I started taking it as recommended twice a day after brushing.

It seems to be working for me, at least partially. Most of the bb is gone as far as I can tell. I don't wake up with much morning breath that I can detect. (My way of testing for bb is to push one nostril open with the second knuckle of the middle finger, exhale through the mouth and inhale through the nose with the hand in front of my mouth. If I smell anything unpleasant, I have bb. Switching between both nostrils helps also. It seems to be a reliable test.)

I haven't changed my diet in any way. I also don't get the usual sour/bitter taste in my mouth after drinking coffee with milk throughout the day. Another benefit is that it slowly whitens the teeth, because one of the strains of bacteria they use produces low levels of hydrogen peroxide while it is attached to the teeth.

I had previously tried eating plain yogurt, but I later read that the yogurt bacteria don't live long in the mouth. The bacteria in EP are the ones that occur naturally in the mouths of people without bb.

I'll stick with it and see if the results are long lasting. Another long-term test would be to see if my gums get better. I may even recommend it to my dentist, although it may hurt their business. ;)

Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:25 am
by hopelessone
i just ordered it. i'm desperate.

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:07 pm
by Haligone
Ok guys...... Enuf and hope4now, you have been using this for long enough (over a month), can you let us know how it is going?
Hopelessone, could you also let us know how its going even though you have been using it for a shorter period of time.
I have seen this Evoraplus thing come up on a number of discussions on this site. Seems it is the latest fad in BB.
Let us know how it is going please.

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:29 am
by Enuf
I had to stop taking it. Seems it was working, but at times the odor would come back stronger. Especially with muggy humid weather. I think the candida is stronger than anything i've got.......maybe i should have tried extra doses during those times...not sure. Anyone else find weather makes it worse??

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:04 am
by hope4now
I found using EP twice a day helps reduce plaque, whiten teeth, reduce bb and tonsil stones while I'm using it. If I stop for even a day, it comes back the same as ever. I have no reliable way of detecting how bad my breath is, so my results are subjective. I'm still using it since it's better than not using it.

Update: It doesn't seem to prevent tonsil stones. Maybe its effects are wearing off. I'm still sticking with it to see if it helps heal receding gums.