This Cure works for me!!
Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:50 pm
OK Guys,
I am not going to post a long story about how I suffered with BB over the last year and a half, but it has been a terrible journey.
However for the past 4 or 5 days I have tried a system that IS WORKING for me. My BB is gone as far as I can tell. Now I will tell you what is working for me, but I will do so in levels so that you can do what you feel is right for you.
LEVEL 1
Go buy Retardex (this is called Closys in the states but retardex in the UK and some other countries - it is the same thing, so if you cant find retardex in your country, search for closys).
In the UK you can get this from Sainsburys, Boots, tesco etc etc.
I used this a while ago and I noticed that my BB went away, but people were still covering their noses when I spoke, so I got discouraged and stopped using it. That was a BIG mistake, I should not have stopped. I have started using it again, but I noticed that when I used it, it made my mouth feel clammy/ saliva feel thick, so what I did was use it BEFORE I brushed my teeth and it worked. My BB was reduced by 85% and I did not get that clammy/thick saliva feel in my mouth.
This combination of retardex first and then brushing your teeth next should help with BB. This is level 1.
LEVEL 2
I am not going to take credit for this as I came across it on the internet on a blog by a dentist called Dr Ellie. If you type 'ask dr ellie' into google, it will take you to her website/blog.
She has developed a system based on mouth washes you can find in stores WHICH IS WORKING FOR ME!!!!
Basically, her system involves 5 stages:
1. rinse your mouth with closys BEFORE brushing (just like I discovered on my own)
2. Brush with Crest original toothpaste
3. Rinse with listerine
4. Rinse with ACT mouthwash
5. Use her special Zellies products which are made from 100% Xylitol.
Now Dr Ellie is based in the states and these products she mentions are available in the states. I live in the UK and not all these products are available here.
But Dr Ellie has kindly suggested alternatives which can be found in the UK as follows:
1. Replace closys with retardex - swish in mouth 1 minute
2. Brush with Crest original toothpaste (she insists on this - I went to sainsburys and bought crest only to come home and find out it was not the original, but it was crest 'complete' - but so far it seems to work fine - but when the 2 tubes I bought get finished (it was buy one get one free at sainsburys :-)) I will make sure I get only the original).
3. Rinse with listerine - swish vigorously for 30 seconds (I use listerine original, Dr Ellie has a list of other flavours which are acceptable on her blog - note that this is very strong and contains alcohol, but Dr Ellie is aware of this and still says to use it - i found listerine in sainsburys as well as other large chains ie tesco, boots, asda etc)
4. Replace ACT (which is not available in the UK) with Colgate Fluorigard - let this roll around in your mouth for 2-3 minutes (I basically put this in my mouth and then get into the shower and start showering. I keep the mouthwash in my mouth whilst i shower for as long as possible before I spit out......I took the flourigard that specifically said 'alcohol free' on the label and if you read Dr Ellies blog you will find she recommends ACT because it is alcohol free (amongst other things ofcourse!!)).
5.You can buy her 'Zellies' product, but if you are as impatient as I am, she recommended a substitute for this as well! (Can you believe this woman!! She's an angel!!). Anyway, any 100% Xylitol product will do, but she specifically mentioned 'perfect sweet' in her blog. You need 6.5 to 10 grammes of this per day (so about 2 heaped teaspoons - I put it in water in a water bottle and carry it around all day and take sips at various intervals and swish it in my mouth - I swallow after swishing, i dont think it matters) I went out to get this perfect sweet product from 'Holland and Barret' but they had run out of stock. I eventually got it from Sainsburys and it cost about £3 for 250g (I checked the Tesco and Asda websites but did not find it on there - I dont know if it will be available in their stores, but it is definitely available at sainsburys stores).
I have used this system for a couple of days now and the change is dramatic!! I have a new found confidence at work I can talk and laugh.
Before I used this, sometimes when I spoke, I could see people across the table looking at me in 'awe' of the smell that was emanating from my mouth. This evening I went out for a work do (which I only accepted yesterday even though the Invite was sent out a month ago - I intended not to go for it as I have avoided these things and keep away from people due to my BB). I talked and the hand did not go up to 'scratch the upper lip/cover the nose'!! I had a glass of wine, some garlic bread and a pizza. Admittedly after the garlic bread, the guy directly opposite me had to 'bring the hand up' but the one next to him, then one directly next to me, no reaction whatsoever!!!!
Even this morning when I woke up, my morning breath was 'mild'!!!!
Guys, I could go on and on, but this post is already very long and that is the reason why I did not start off with a history of how I have suffered with this disease cos it would have been longer!!
We do not have to suffer with this. I know different things work for different people, but this is one solution that I am confident will work for a majority of people.
If you don't want to go the whole hog, start out with LEVEL 1 i.e. the retardex/closys mouthwash BEFORE brushing. It will reduce your BB by at least 75%. Do not bother with the retardex toothpaste, I dont think it works, at least not for me it didnt help. Before I found out about crest from Dr Ellie, I used an australian toothpaste called 'fresh and white tea tree toothpaste' which I bought from the 'Nutri-centre' shops in the UK (which I discovered whilst trawling through BB forums). This worked well with the retardex mouthwash but I think the crest is better.
I cant tell you how much I have suffered with BB - I changed my dentist and even saw an ENT specialist and they did nothing for me.
I have tried it all - Acid reflux treatment, candida, you name it. I have bought vitamins to take (which are good by the way, but do not help with BB), taken extra zinc, used tea tree toothpaste, tea tree mouthwash, taken acidophilus, de-odourised garlic, threelac, oil of oregano, grapefruit seed extract, hydrogen peroxide solutions, nasal irrigation, you name it. I have spent hours and hours researching on the web. Sometimes some things work for a day or 2 and then stop. Sometimes they give me the impression that they work (when I am on my own), but then people cover their noses immediately I start talking. But with this system, I can really tell, that the problem will go away for good!!
Sorry if this was very long, and sorry if it comes out disjointed, it is half past midnight and I cannot proof read the whole post again so I will just post it on as it is. I will set it to notify me when a reply is posted, so that I remember to come back to this site. I only registered today to pass on the good news. I have been trawling through message boards all over the internet looking for a solution, but I never registered. But now that I have found a solution, I have registered so that I can share it.
I will be writing to Dr Ellie soon to thank her, and I will be ordering her Zellie products, because even though Perfect sweet appears to be a replacement (she says so herself), I know that the best way to thank her is to support her product.
Anyway guys, take care and please let me know if you start this program and if it works for you.
I am not going to post a long story about how I suffered with BB over the last year and a half, but it has been a terrible journey.
However for the past 4 or 5 days I have tried a system that IS WORKING for me. My BB is gone as far as I can tell. Now I will tell you what is working for me, but I will do so in levels so that you can do what you feel is right for you.
LEVEL 1
Go buy Retardex (this is called Closys in the states but retardex in the UK and some other countries - it is the same thing, so if you cant find retardex in your country, search for closys).
In the UK you can get this from Sainsburys, Boots, tesco etc etc.
I used this a while ago and I noticed that my BB went away, but people were still covering their noses when I spoke, so I got discouraged and stopped using it. That was a BIG mistake, I should not have stopped. I have started using it again, but I noticed that when I used it, it made my mouth feel clammy/ saliva feel thick, so what I did was use it BEFORE I brushed my teeth and it worked. My BB was reduced by 85% and I did not get that clammy/thick saliva feel in my mouth.
This combination of retardex first and then brushing your teeth next should help with BB. This is level 1.
LEVEL 2
I am not going to take credit for this as I came across it on the internet on a blog by a dentist called Dr Ellie. If you type 'ask dr ellie' into google, it will take you to her website/blog.
She has developed a system based on mouth washes you can find in stores WHICH IS WORKING FOR ME!!!!
Basically, her system involves 5 stages:
1. rinse your mouth with closys BEFORE brushing (just like I discovered on my own)
2. Brush with Crest original toothpaste
3. Rinse with listerine
4. Rinse with ACT mouthwash
5. Use her special Zellies products which are made from 100% Xylitol.
Now Dr Ellie is based in the states and these products she mentions are available in the states. I live in the UK and not all these products are available here.
But Dr Ellie has kindly suggested alternatives which can be found in the UK as follows:
1. Replace closys with retardex - swish in mouth 1 minute
2. Brush with Crest original toothpaste (she insists on this - I went to sainsburys and bought crest only to come home and find out it was not the original, but it was crest 'complete' - but so far it seems to work fine - but when the 2 tubes I bought get finished (it was buy one get one free at sainsburys :-)) I will make sure I get only the original).
3. Rinse with listerine - swish vigorously for 30 seconds (I use listerine original, Dr Ellie has a list of other flavours which are acceptable on her blog - note that this is very strong and contains alcohol, but Dr Ellie is aware of this and still says to use it - i found listerine in sainsburys as well as other large chains ie tesco, boots, asda etc)
4. Replace ACT (which is not available in the UK) with Colgate Fluorigard - let this roll around in your mouth for 2-3 minutes (I basically put this in my mouth and then get into the shower and start showering. I keep the mouthwash in my mouth whilst i shower for as long as possible before I spit out......I took the flourigard that specifically said 'alcohol free' on the label and if you read Dr Ellies blog you will find she recommends ACT because it is alcohol free (amongst other things ofcourse!!)).
5.You can buy her 'Zellies' product, but if you are as impatient as I am, she recommended a substitute for this as well! (Can you believe this woman!! She's an angel!!). Anyway, any 100% Xylitol product will do, but she specifically mentioned 'perfect sweet' in her blog. You need 6.5 to 10 grammes of this per day (so about 2 heaped teaspoons - I put it in water in a water bottle and carry it around all day and take sips at various intervals and swish it in my mouth - I swallow after swishing, i dont think it matters) I went out to get this perfect sweet product from 'Holland and Barret' but they had run out of stock. I eventually got it from Sainsburys and it cost about £3 for 250g (I checked the Tesco and Asda websites but did not find it on there - I dont know if it will be available in their stores, but it is definitely available at sainsburys stores).
I have used this system for a couple of days now and the change is dramatic!! I have a new found confidence at work I can talk and laugh.
Before I used this, sometimes when I spoke, I could see people across the table looking at me in 'awe' of the smell that was emanating from my mouth. This evening I went out for a work do (which I only accepted yesterday even though the Invite was sent out a month ago - I intended not to go for it as I have avoided these things and keep away from people due to my BB). I talked and the hand did not go up to 'scratch the upper lip/cover the nose'!! I had a glass of wine, some garlic bread and a pizza. Admittedly after the garlic bread, the guy directly opposite me had to 'bring the hand up' but the one next to him, then one directly next to me, no reaction whatsoever!!!!
Even this morning when I woke up, my morning breath was 'mild'!!!!
Guys, I could go on and on, but this post is already very long and that is the reason why I did not start off with a history of how I have suffered with this disease cos it would have been longer!!
We do not have to suffer with this. I know different things work for different people, but this is one solution that I am confident will work for a majority of people.
If you don't want to go the whole hog, start out with LEVEL 1 i.e. the retardex/closys mouthwash BEFORE brushing. It will reduce your BB by at least 75%. Do not bother with the retardex toothpaste, I dont think it works, at least not for me it didnt help. Before I found out about crest from Dr Ellie, I used an australian toothpaste called 'fresh and white tea tree toothpaste' which I bought from the 'Nutri-centre' shops in the UK (which I discovered whilst trawling through BB forums). This worked well with the retardex mouthwash but I think the crest is better.
I cant tell you how much I have suffered with BB - I changed my dentist and even saw an ENT specialist and they did nothing for me.
I have tried it all - Acid reflux treatment, candida, you name it. I have bought vitamins to take (which are good by the way, but do not help with BB), taken extra zinc, used tea tree toothpaste, tea tree mouthwash, taken acidophilus, de-odourised garlic, threelac, oil of oregano, grapefruit seed extract, hydrogen peroxide solutions, nasal irrigation, you name it. I have spent hours and hours researching on the web. Sometimes some things work for a day or 2 and then stop. Sometimes they give me the impression that they work (when I am on my own), but then people cover their noses immediately I start talking. But with this system, I can really tell, that the problem will go away for good!!
Sorry if this was very long, and sorry if it comes out disjointed, it is half past midnight and I cannot proof read the whole post again so I will just post it on as it is. I will set it to notify me when a reply is posted, so that I remember to come back to this site. I only registered today to pass on the good news. I have been trawling through message boards all over the internet looking for a solution, but I never registered. But now that I have found a solution, I have registered so that I can share it.
I will be writing to Dr Ellie soon to thank her, and I will be ordering her Zellie products, because even though Perfect sweet appears to be a replacement (she says so herself), I know that the best way to thank her is to support her product.
Anyway guys, take care and please let me know if you start this program and if it works for you.