THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
I met one person with BB of another BB forum
I met one person with BB of another BB forum
I met one person of a deleted spanish BB forum (http://www.odontologia-online.com/php/p ... -2880.html).
We talked for more than 2 hours. The strange thing is that we couldn´t smell each other BB, we both have feces breath and as we walked by, people were covering their noses but I coudn´t smell his BB neither he.
I had not talked comfortably with another person long ago
We talked for more than 2 hours. The strange thing is that we couldn´t smell each other BB, we both have feces breath and as we walked by, people were covering their noses but I coudn´t smell his BB neither he.
I had not talked comfortably with another person long ago
-
hopelessone
- Sheriff
- Posts: 479
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:53 am
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
I dont know if my sense of smell is screwed up, but in all my 40 years of life I have never been able to smell anything except perfume/deodorant when walking past any person - even indoors. Occasionally someone smells a bit but you can turn around and immediately see why because its obvious they are not looking after themselves and are in dirty clothes etc.
Even a walking pile of cow's shit would need to be a large one on a windy day to be able to cause people to protect themselves against the odour with their hands going over their noses. If you just sit and watch a general bunch of people, they are CONSTANTLY fidgeting with their noses and sneezing and coughing and spluttering. I'm not saying that reactions when very close to someone, the grimmacing or the look of disgust arent reliable signs that maybe your breath isnt smelling of roses, but anything else sounds like pure paranoia to me.
Even a walking pile of cow's shit would need to be a large one on a windy day to be able to cause people to protect themselves against the odour with their hands going over their noses. If you just sit and watch a general bunch of people, they are CONSTANTLY fidgeting with their noses and sneezing and coughing and spluttering. I'm not saying that reactions when very close to someone, the grimmacing or the look of disgust arent reliable signs that maybe your breath isnt smelling of roses, but anything else sounds like pure paranoia to me.
-
Phantasist
- Sheriff
- Posts: 477
- Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:32 pm
Halitosisux,
I understand what you're saying. Most of the time I cannot smell people's breath unless I'm very close to them. But I was in an elevator once with about 5 or 6 people, and there was a horroble breath odor from someone. It was so bad it almost made me want to throw up. I couldn't wait to get out of that elevator. This person must have been afflicted with something extremely severe.
If you smell people's breath from 3 or 4 inches away, you will very often be aware of a mild odor. But that type of odor doesn't carry very far. I think my own bad breath reaches about 3 or 4 feet at most, thank God, but there seem to be some (chemical?) odors than carry farther.
I understand what you're saying. Most of the time I cannot smell people's breath unless I'm very close to them. But I was in an elevator once with about 5 or 6 people, and there was a horroble breath odor from someone. It was so bad it almost made me want to throw up. I couldn't wait to get out of that elevator. This person must have been afflicted with something extremely severe.
If you smell people's breath from 3 or 4 inches away, you will very often be aware of a mild odor. But that type of odor doesn't carry very far. I think my own bad breath reaches about 3 or 4 feet at most, thank God, but there seem to be some (chemical?) odors than carry farther.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
-
hopelessone
- Sheriff
- Posts: 479
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:53 am
-
hopelessone
- Sheriff
- Posts: 479
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:53 am
your bb doesn't sound severe at all.Phantasist wrote:Halitosisux,
I understand what you're saying. Most of the time I cannot smell people's breath unless I'm very close to them. But I was in an elevator once with about 5 or 6 people, and there was a horroble breath odor from someone. It was so bad it almost made me want to throw up. I couldn't wait to get out of that elevator. This person must have been afflicted with something extremely severe.
If you smell people's breath from 3 or 4 inches away, you will very often be aware of a mild odor. But that type of odor doesn't carry very far. I think my own bad breath reaches about 3 or 4 feet at most, thank God, but there seem to be some (chemical?) odors than carry farther.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
EXACTLY - if people were putting their hands to their noses because they can smell someone's BB from 500yds through 3 inches of glass etc, they'd be going around doing the same in that building, but they go about like they dont even notice it. So why would they be doing that just because someone with BB walks by???hopelessone wrote:Once, at work, there was a really bad smell (from the pipes in the building or something) NOBODY reacted to it. NOBODY.
Gets on my nerves. Is MY smell worse that a garbage dump, a smelly dumpster that reeks???!!!
I felt like knockin' them all out. UGH!!!
-
hopelessone
- Sheriff
- Posts: 479
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:53 am
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
People I know with BB dont cause any odour buildup. I guess it depends on what the problem is because every type of odour has its characteristics. Farting will generally stink out a room and linger for some time, with only a relatively small volume of gas compared to what comes out of our mouth and noses. And yet if you actually capture the gas that comes out of your butt its not all that bad compared to some people's BB, but once its released it's characteristics cause it to linger, so its percieved as being more potent/concentrated etc.
We've had people on here saying they get reactions from other drivers going down the motorway if they open the sunroof at 70mph.. that's the kind of paranoia I'm referring to really.
We've had people on here saying they get reactions from other drivers going down the motorway if they open the sunroof at 70mph.. that's the kind of paranoia I'm referring to really.
I also experienced this with another member a few years ago. I used to doubt it too but now I believe that those who have similar strains have an immunity to the smell.
I remember a story from the UK TMAU meet - up where their group could not smell each other but when they boarded a train the passengers went out & even new passengers reacted upon boarding then went out immediately from their cart.
I remember a story from the UK TMAU meet - up where their group could not smell each other but when they boarded a train the passengers went out & even new passengers reacted upon boarding then went out immediately from their cart.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Important point JC. And I think the key point here is where the odour is coming from. If the odour is produced in the nose then the nose is likely to be constantly subjected to the odour. The same thing applies if the odour comes from the lungs - as in TMAU. And in this situation the nose is likely to become familiarized to the odour and thus unable to detect it, whether that be on the person or on another person.
But what are the chances of EXACTLY the same type of odour between 2 BB sufferers? Surely if there's familiarization, that will only apply to the exact odour the person has become familiarized with. So subtle differences between sufferers you'd expect would be detectable. But in TMAU its the same chemical (TMA), so that's probably why fellow TMAU sufferers cant smell each other.
So is there some kind of unknown chemical in this type of fecal BB that everyone with this type of BB is producing? I think probably so. Either its that or a certain level of TMAU in every case of this type of fecal BB.
Remember, every single human being produces TMA (trimethylamine) in their gut. The levels depend on our diet and the microorganisms down there. The body then has to deal with the Trimethylamine that gets absorbed from the gut into the bloodstream. If we produce too much because we're consuming too much food high in choline (like eggs) then ANYONE can end up with TMA in their blood beyond the threshold that the body can deal with and we can end up stinking to a degree. We produce enzymes (FMO3) that turn TMA into an odourless type of TMA (trimethylamine oxide - TMAO). If there's something wrong with those enzymes, that's the definition of TMAU. But every one of us can end up with too much TMA in our blood from either our diet or simply through an unfavourable microbial situation in our gut that leads to abnormal production of smelly TMA.
NOTE: in small quantities, TMA does not smell of fish, it smells of shit, garbage etc.
But what are the chances of EXACTLY the same type of odour between 2 BB sufferers? Surely if there's familiarization, that will only apply to the exact odour the person has become familiarized with. So subtle differences between sufferers you'd expect would be detectable. But in TMAU its the same chemical (TMA), so that's probably why fellow TMAU sufferers cant smell each other.
So is there some kind of unknown chemical in this type of fecal BB that everyone with this type of BB is producing? I think probably so. Either its that or a certain level of TMAU in every case of this type of fecal BB.
Remember, every single human being produces TMA (trimethylamine) in their gut. The levels depend on our diet and the microorganisms down there. The body then has to deal with the Trimethylamine that gets absorbed from the gut into the bloodstream. If we produce too much because we're consuming too much food high in choline (like eggs) then ANYONE can end up with TMA in their blood beyond the threshold that the body can deal with and we can end up stinking to a degree. We produce enzymes (FMO3) that turn TMA into an odourless type of TMA (trimethylamine oxide - TMAO). If there's something wrong with those enzymes, that's the definition of TMAU. But every one of us can end up with too much TMA in our blood from either our diet or simply through an unfavourable microbial situation in our gut that leads to abnormal production of smelly TMA.
NOTE: in small quantities, TMA does not smell of fish, it smells of shit, garbage etc.
- 8 years ago, I could sit next to someone, and he or she didn´t smell my breath unless I talk to them.halitosisux wrote:We've had people on here saying they get reactions from other drivers going down the motorway if they open the sunroof at 70mph.. that's the kind of paranoia I'm referring to really.
- 4 years ago, people react if they were sitting next to me, sometimes people in front of me, they turn around as if they were looking for that smell, then they look at me.
- Now, as fast as I enter a room, people touch and cover their noses (It´s very obvious because you see not one, or two, or three. Four people reacting at the same time). When I walk, some people touch their nose, some give me the dirty look, and some times they say: aggg.
If someone had told me 8 years ago that his breath can fill a room, maybe, I didn´t believe him.
I`ve finally confirmed that my odor is coming from my mouth, nose & pores after experimenting in a public place. My mouth is by far the most constant source of odor. The chemical compound takes a little while before it goes to the pores & nose. I scratched my arm & rubbed my nose to see what reactions they would get. The first scratch & the first noserub results with the strongest reactions. The follow up scratching & noserubbing resulted with weaker reactions & sometimes none.
I`m pretty sure that my disease is very similar to TMAU. The difference is that the odor does not stick to clothes, sofas, carseats, etc. The major problem with this type of disease is that it can travel so fast & reach unimaginable distance even from an enclosed room. I think the reason for this is that this chemical compound bonds with neutrinos. Neutrinos are particles that pass through everything cuz it doesn`t have an electrical charge. Every atom contains an e. charge that`s why we can`t pass through walls. The electrical charge from different atoms will repulse each other once they come into contact. Neutrinos travel at the speed of light & millions of them pass through our bodies every minute. Anyway, that`s only my theory.
PS. Dark I apologize for posting an unrelated topic in your thread. I was going to write something about meet-ups but I got lost in the process.
I`m pretty sure that my disease is very similar to TMAU. The difference is that the odor does not stick to clothes, sofas, carseats, etc. The major problem with this type of disease is that it can travel so fast & reach unimaginable distance even from an enclosed room. I think the reason for this is that this chemical compound bonds with neutrinos. Neutrinos are particles that pass through everything cuz it doesn`t have an electrical charge. Every atom contains an e. charge that`s why we can`t pass through walls. The electrical charge from different atoms will repulse each other once they come into contact. Neutrinos travel at the speed of light & millions of them pass through our bodies every minute. Anyway, that`s only my theory.
PS. Dark I apologize for posting an unrelated topic in your thread. I was going to write something about meet-ups but I got lost in the process.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
-
Phantasist
- Sheriff
- Posts: 477
- Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:32 pm
Halitosisux is right. Neutrinos are much smaller than subatomic particles and they have hardly any mass at all. That's why they can shoot through the entire earth without hitting another particle. (There is a tremendous amount of space in an atom between the nucleus in the center and the electrons on the periphery.) It would appear that the neutrinos are much to small to carry any kind of odor.
(Again I find myself in agreement with Halitosisux! Son of a gun, now I'll have to go back and restudy my whole theory on particle physics. Hope this doesn't become a habit.)
(Again I find myself in agreement with Halitosisux! Son of a gun, now I'll have to go back and restudy my whole theory on particle physics. Hope this doesn't become a habit.)
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.