Page 1 of 2
have this ever happened to you?
Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:03 pm
by sweetnlow
The other day I was outside talking with someone and a fly kept flying around me. I was so embarassed.

This wasn't the first time this has happened. I know it was because of my bad breath. My breath was probably smelling like sh!t. I don't have B.O. so it was my breath. GOD PLEASE!!! I WANT THIS TO BE OVER!!
Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:02 am
by stressedout
Well flies dont only fly around when someone has BB, so that should not be the criteria. Having to worry when seeing someone's reaction is understandable, but who cares about the fly? If you are 100% positive your breath was bad that moment, that of course would add to the grief.
Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:54 am
by WickedCurse
I have actually noticed this a few times as well. But I think it's more of a paranoia problem than anything else.
Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:36 am
by Music Lady
oh my goodness this has definitely happened to me.
Especially if I'm sitting in a park, I find those little nat flies will come around. It IS embarassing.
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:22 am
by meowkity1
has definately happened o me they kept ging right by my mouth. I was with my cousin and she noticed and they werent by her. Remember flies like trash
I was going to post this once but forgot
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:03 am
by bbsux
hahah yep has happened to me plenty of times lol... i dont even have to talk my bb comes through my nose.
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:36 am
by Ruben
happend to me this past sunday at church. I remember it happening to me one time some years ago, when i was at the DMV, then i was still unconcious of my BB, but the person infront of me left, the fly kept flying around me, i thought person left because he had forgotten something but thinking back and those things, i now see why people kept leaving, and why the fly kept circuling around me only.
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:48 am
by elliott
haha yeah i have seen this. Flies attracted to me, me only.
Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:41 pm
by Haligone
Ruben wrote:happend to me this past sunday at church. I remember it happening to me one time some years ago, when i was at the DMV, then i was still unconcious of my BB, but the person infront of me left, the fly kept flying around me, i thought person left because he had forgotten something but thinking back and those things, i now see why people kept leaving, and why the fly kept circuling around me only.
And this was in a church...... is there any hope left?
Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:43 am
by mike987
Who cares what the fly thinks.
I would say 'that's silly, flies always pester people', but if you're with others who know your breath stinks, it's at least an embarrassing spectacle.
Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:55 am
by sweetnlow
So aydinmur
does that mean people with bb give of more CO2? Because it has been alot of people around but they will fly near me especially if I'm talking. One of my friends were talking too but it flew near me.
Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:51 pm
by Phantasist
We know that flies are attracted to excrement. So if flies are attracted to your breath more than other people's, would it not be logical to assume that there is a fecal component in the odor of your breath? Might that be a clue as to the underlying cause?
Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:57 pm
by hopelessone
i'd kill that daggone fly
Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:45 pm
by cool
i was watching tv when suddenly this thread came into my mind:
the programm was about crime investigation in case of murder. in a historical case of murder they said flys did reveal the true murderer because they all did approach one special sickle but werent interested in similar sickles lying next to the one that was used in the murder. i dont wanna go into detail, but finally they said flys are attracted by the smallest amount of blood. the sickle in this example was already cleaned so there must have been a pretty small amount left, invisible to the human eye.
i figure by this that maybe flys dont approach you because of fecal odor. maybe you had a little gum bleeding or something like that. if flys sensors are so very sensitive to blood, a fly approaching you does not necessarily mean that you do have bb but maybe they are attracted by a tiny amount of blood that you and others dont even notice.
Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:38 am
by Ruben
But flies approach poop, even when there is not blood in poop. So it mostly 'decaying' blood they are attracted to.