Page 1 of 1

Looking for Answers

Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:50 am
by WickedCurse
Hello all!

Although I'm a "new" member, I have been visiting this website on and off for a few months now.

Obviously, I am suffering from BB. I can't remember when my BB problem started, but I know I've been suffering from it for at least 8 or 9 years. For the past year and a half, I have been dating a very lovely girl that I know I will marry in the few years to come. I have been so tired of having BB that I can no longer tolerate it! It's depressing and very unhealthy in so many ways.

Like many of you, I have tried a variety of things to get rid of this curse, but I've had no luck. About two years ago, I was really fed up with it, so I got very serious and finally asked my dentist about it. I don't know what it is about dentists, but they never give you any answers! After having no luck, I just kinda gave up.

So, let me tell you what it's like. My BB is fecal most of the time. It's about 80-90% masked when I chew gum constantly. The kind of gum I chew, the only one that has actually helped me mask the problem, is the Trident brand. It comes in a yellow packaging with a picture of pineapple.

Anyways, after so many years of trying to get rid of this problem, I've gotten so tired that I just haven't given a damn! From the pure discouragement, I stopped flossing and brushing at night. Why waste time when none of that helps?

Here are some of my symptoms:

- A few minutes after brushing my teeth, I can feel this layer of film in most areas of my teeth and gum. I don't know where this film comes from, but it's smelly and it has a flimsy jello like consistency with milky color. Oh, and by the way, my bad breath never goes away, even when I'm BRUSHING my teeth :( .

- I've become very familiarized with my BB odor. Whenever I sneeze, I get a strong whiff of it. It's a nasty fecal smell and at times I've noticed the smell matches the smell of my feces (sorry if that's too much info, but I need help). But it's weird because whenever I breathe out of my nose, I don't smell that odor at all, only when I sneeze. I'm pretty sure I don't have any odor breathing out of my nose.

- When I floss, I ALWAYS bleed. I have Hemophilia (google it if you don't know, it's a bleeding disorder), so I don't know if my bleeding from the flossing is because of my hemophilia or there's something wrong with my gums. I have healthy looking gums with a pink tongue, no white or yellow layer or anything.

- About 8 years ago, I was put under a Hepatitis C treatment (I got Hep C from a blood transfusion back home). I've asked my nurse practitioner if that caused my BB, he said there's no connection. But I've read on this website that cirrhosis of the liver can cause bad breath.

- I have not removed any of my wisdom teeth. The last time I went to the dentist (2 years ago), he said that that summer I had to take two of my wisdom teeth out. Now, I've been reading a lot about wisdom teeth causing BB. Something about a hole where it crowns, and the hole being infected, therefore causing the odor.

I have been reading a lot about what has been working for some of the members here. For example, many have found certain antibiotics to be helpful. I'm really interested in trying Metrozinodale, but I can't find any to buy from anywhere. Any suggestions?

I'm also interested in probiotics. I ordered Swanson's chewable probiotic tablets (they taste kind of bad lol).

In the end, I would just like some input. I'm desperate to help find something, like all of you are I'm sure. I want to be able to kiss my girlfriend w/o gum in my mouth. I want to be able to kiss her without feeling self-conscious. She's a good girl, she deserves better.

Please, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:26 am
by stressedout
I think I had something very similar to what you are describing: gluey slimy substance that appears on your gums, I could feel and remove it with my tongue. Especially it appeared after brushing when my mouth was clean. Freaked me out all the time. It did not look like typical oral thrush pictures that you can see on the internet, but I am 90% sure it is related to fungal infection/candida. I got rid of this substance with the next few steps:

1. Stopped all dairy and wheat products. I dont know how many of you keep complaining about BB without changing the diet, but the truth is if you are really desperate, you will accept the fact that diet plays a big role for many of us suffering out there. It is up to you to do what you have to.

2. I took GSE 3 times a day before meals (10 drops/half a glass of water each time) for no less than a month.

3. Less starchy carbs, more salads, veggies, whole foods.

4. I also took other antifungals like black walnut, oregano oil and such (there are many out there).

See what other members say, but if it is really candida (perhaps you can test for it), you should stay away from antibiotics and maybe try an antifungal like fluconazole. Taking a probiotic supplement makes sense here (more good bacteria to take over the fungus).

I also read that for candida infection one needs to take high doses of Vit C; body needs to be alkaline for the yeast not to survive. Not making any claims here, but you can also research on adding potassium and sodium ascorbate = non-acidic Vit C to water for some periods of time. B3 niacinamide is believed to help in killing of fungus.

Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:59 am
by firecracker
Thank you Stressedout for the useful information. And you are very right about diet effecting our bad breath for many of us. I have been eating whatever I want for the past month and my throat just stinks lol. The only time I notice a good reduction is when I go on a health diet. I'm going to start going on a more healthier diet now, I ate two raw garlic pieces today.

I was cutting out dairy,, sugar, staying away from meat, taking oregano oil mixed in water, coconut oil, trying to eat salads veggies ..trying my best to stay away from processed foods, taking caprylic acid, and taking a green powder drink mix with wheatgrass, spirulina, kelp. ANd i felt like the heavy stink at the back of my throat went away. I did this for two weeks and got a bad breath reduction.

Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:06 pm
by stressedout
What I also noticed that pnd and tonsil stones stop becoming an issue with the right type of diet. After trying many things, I am convinced that no miracle solution that can either be ingested or used as a mouth rinse exists, or it will only work for a very short time, but if the bacteria or whatever is present in the body, nothing will help. Brushing or gargling with whatever it is is only cosmetic and good for people who do not suffer from BB. Some people are lucky they can eat whatever they want, some are not, or intolerances might develop with age (can happen to people who right now make fun of people with BB - weakened immune system, high stress, whatever it is). Awareness is the key. People start thinking once it hits them.
As for myself, seeing the difference between how I felt while eating wrong foods and how it is now, I would never go back.

Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:36 am
by WickedCurse
Thank you guys for your input.

I will definitely try to eat right as much as I can. Unfortunately, we eat lots and lots of carbs and meat in my house (Southwest Asians!!).

Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:37 am
by WickedCurse
Stressedout:
Are there any medications I can take for a fungal or candida infection?

Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:09 pm
by stressedout
Hi WickedCurse:

They say fluconazole is best among meds, but there are many natural antifungals you can try, just google them. Check Keeptrying09 threds.

Oh and easy on those carbs, i have read that bad breath is worst from carbs, then from protein and lastly from fat. Good luck.