Page 1 of 1

Anyone been checked for Celiac Disease???

Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:05 am
by ihatethebus
....or tried gluten free diet..not even bread for more than 3 weeks. Ive been trying to pin-point what the exact cause of my bb was..prevention is better than cure..

Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:04 pm
by stressedout
I dont know if I am a celiac or not (most likely not, perhaps just intolerant), but i did remove that from my diet and some symptoms disappeared.

Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:18 pm
by ihatethebus
An overall larger percentage of people on the net who have a dead rotten odor coming from their nose and throat have been cured by a gluten free diet. was jus speculating coz i havnt tchd any bread or veet-bix / milk for close to a month and i think it played a part in my cure too. just wondering if i can eat any gluten product safely without the bb comin back to smack me in the face.

Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:55 pm
by halitosisux
You can buy Kits from most pharmacies to test for celiac disease. Better still, a doctor can request a simple blood test to determine if you have this or not.

Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:59 pm
by stressedout
The thing is I have read that a test can come negative (i guess it measures the allergy), but many people can still be intolerant and display some symptoms that bother. I cut milk and wheat/gluten at the same time, and some symptoms did go away (mostly related to sensation in throat). I wont go back eating that as I would be terrified to have more issues.

Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:05 pm
by ihatethebus
thx hsux. ill go check for the kit @ the pharmacy 1st thing in the morn...tired of bothering the poor ol' doc whos been giving me every med i asked mo (used to refuse to give biozole tho..??)