Page 1 of 1
Get those tonsils out!!!!
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:41 am
by finally
I had really good oral health and I still couldn't figure out why I still had this constant bb coming from the back of my throat I got so tired of it that I stuck a flash light in the back of my throat and I seen little white balls that smelled horrible I went to my ENT and she told me they were tonsil stones to make a long story short I had my tonsils taken out on friday and even though I'm still in a lot of pain I can still smell a difference in my bb so whatever you guy's do check your tonsils because those tonsil stones can ruin your life
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:36 am
by ihatethebus
tonsil stones just show up as a symptom of a bigger problem within e.g (sinus infection/candida esophagitis/gastritis/celiac disease). everyone ive seen who has hacked off their tonsils seems to come back crying later with bb worse because more gas can erupt from eso/track without the blockage the tonsild provided.
im just specuulating but i think those things dont form in the tonsis either. they can grow bigger in the tonsil crypts, yeah, but 'my' opinion is that they just get lodged up in there after getting silently refluxed up the digestive tract. many people who had their tonsils removed have come to my mom(doctor) at akward hours saying they regurgitated a small white smelly ball that smelled like death when it was crushed.
wish you a speedy recovery...
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:45 am
by halitosisux
I never saw another tonsil stone after I had my tonsils out, not even a speck.
There are other places where these stones can develop though. Adenoids, lingual tonsils, tonsils that are growing back. Any kind of pouch that has formed in the throat or the esophagus. Even the bronchial tubes could.
I think the formation of tonsil stones is directly related to the formation of BB chemicals in the mouth and throat.
....
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:10 am
by ihatethebus
h.sux..tonsils being related to bb chemicals, je doubt. even people without the slightest hint of bb get those yucky basterds on normal days or when they have a cold. there must be something the medical field has overlooked..most profs hu seem to know what it is tend to be older docs. i asked an E.N.T spec and she seemed not to have the slighest of clues on what it could be...thot it was a piece of sum'n i picked from my poop. thats the olnly one i ever got tho (came out when i let sea-salt rest at back of throat and stopped gargling) took it to E.n.t and she was puzzled. havnt had one since, but my bb was still ongoin (why werent more forming if i still had bb chemicals in my mouth n throat??)
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:28 pm
by halitosisux
Every BB-free person I've ever asked has no clue what I'm talking about when I've mentioned tonsil stones to them. And yet just about every person with BB seems to have them. Also, we know that tonsil stones themselves are not the root-cause of BB because most people with BB who have their tonsils out find that they still have BB.
I can understand how someone could start producing tonsil stones when they get a cold, because there are factors that can cause us to have BB during a cold, and if we have BB then we're probably producing more of the BB chemicals, and hence maybe the formation of tonsil stones.
You might have small tonsil crypts or crypts that you cant see. If you dont have deep crypts then stones may hardly ever get a chance to form. Or you may get stones that only come out when you eat something, so you dont notice them. When you gargle with sea-salt that may be the only time you get to see any.