Your Email Address:

First Name:

Just ordered Therabreath + probiotics

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
bbsux
Advanced

Just ordered Therabreath + probiotics

Post by bbsux »

Just finished ordering Therabreath kit and probiotics

Ordered the complete kit and i ordered the k12 probiotics for the mouth

http://www.therabreath.com/productdetai ... =1&pid=104
and
http://www.therabreath.com/productdetai ... 22&pid=208

Cost me $154 dollars plus i ordered 2 more probiotics from amazon that is suppose to help with digestion and candida.

Amazon order cost me about $45.

All in all i spent about $200 but if the therabreath doesnt help they say they will give 100% money back guarantee so i figure i give it a shot . I have read many positive reviews online but most of the people on this site therabreath did not work so i am not too confident about it. I am also taking anti fungals and have completed my 7 day liver, kidney and gut cleanse. I am attacking this thing from all angles hoping it will work. Wish me luck ladys and gents i will update you on my progress.

hope10

Post by hope10 »

Good luck !!!! I have used the ThereBreath probiotics before. It did not see any progress in my breath. I usually use the ThreBreath tube paste and the oral rinse as a regular higiene regimen. But I used their probiotics, and I did not have any results. However, it is better to buy the Swanson blis k12 from amazon, it is less price and it works better than TheraBreath. That is what I am using now. My bad breath had improved like 80 %...it didn't eliminate bb completly, because of my bad flora ecololy...but at least it is better than using nothing. I am looking for a dental paste that contains Zinc...but I cannot find it yet..
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

I have used TheraBreath K-12 Probiotics as part of the whole program a couple of years ago, and the oral probiotics seemed to have no effect on my bad breath, not to mention they were expensive.
Lately I am brushing my tongue with TheraBreath Plus paste with OXYD-8 after scraping and tooth brushing with regular toothpaste, after which I rinse with TheraBreath Plus Oral Rinse with OXYD-8. Sometimes I dip the floss into the rinse. This seems to have diminished my BB by about 80%. I have found it's best to brush after breakfast and before going to sleep. (During sleep saliva production is diminished, giving the anaerobic bacteria a chance to proliferate).
This is not a cure, because it does not permanently change the microfloral ecology in your mouth, but it helps.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
bbsux
Advanced

Post by bbsux »

hope10 wrote:Good luck !!!! I have used the ThereBreath probiotics before. It did not see any progress in my breath. I usually use the ThreBreath tube paste and the oral rinse as a regular higiene regimen. But I used their probiotics, and I did not have any results. However, it is better to buy the Swanson blis k12 from amazon, it is less price and it works better than TheraBreath. That is what I am using now. My bad breath had improved like 80 %...it didn't eliminate bb completly, because of my bad flora ecololy...but at least it is better than using nothing. I am looking for a dental paste that contains Zinc...but I cannot find it yet..
wow hope10 i wish i knew about this before i ordered my other stuff from amazon. I just ordered it now and had to pay $5 for shipping again.

Good to hear that 2 people had 80% improvement with therabreath... atleast that give me some hope. When you guys say 80% improvement does that mean that you dont notice the reactions nearly as much as before or they are still there but bb just not as strong??
Ruben
Junior

Post by Ruben »

i'm wondering how you guys are measuring 80%
ihatethebus
Master

Post by ihatethebus »

ruben, totally with you on that 45/80 % bullswit..theres only two sides on a mirror. you either have bb or you dont
sputnik
Junior

Post by sputnik »

Completely disagree...Some products will make your breath tolerable without 'curing ' you completely.

I've tried therabreath and it did absolutely nothing for me, but then again, my bb comes from the digestive tract not the oral cavity.

Of course measuring the decrease of odors is always an educated guess unless you use specialized equipments like the halimeter or a hydrogen gas measuring whatever you call it.

But I guess hope 10 and Phantasist use other people's reactions to their bb as well as bad tastes in the mouth as a means of measurement.

It's true that you either have bad breath or you don't, but there is a huge difference between a room filling toxic breath and mild tolerable bad breath. I've experienced both and I'd choose the latter any day.
vampire8868
Total Newbie

Post by vampire8868 »

sputnik wrote:Completely disagree...Some products will make your breath tolerable without 'curing ' you completely.

I've tried therabreath and it did absolutely nothing for me, but then again, my bb comes from the digestive tract not the oral cavity.
I have the same situation with you. I tried Therabreath three years ago. After using for a couple months, I realized there was bad smell coming out from my nose which didn't happen before. Before using Terabreath, I had my tonsils removed. So I don't know what cause the problem. But I don't trust this produce anymore.
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

Ruben,
When I say 80% improvement, it is of course an estimate since I have no accurate way of measuring the odor.

For those of us who suffer from an overgrowth of anaerobic bacteria with no apparent cause, the two TheraBreath products I mentioned would most likely bring about an improvement. They both contain OXYD-8 and Zinc Rx. These are substances that inhibit the anaerobic bacteria. The coating on your tongue should be scraped off so that the paste and rinse can penetrate.

I follow a procedure which I described in a thread called "Oral Hygiene Regimen That May Help" around August 5th, that no one seems to want to try. I don't follow Dr. Katz's program with the K-12 Oral Probiotics. They might be a good thing, but they did not take hold in my mouth when I tried it a couple of years ago.

As I said, this is not a cure because it cannot permanently change the microbial imbalance in my mouth, but the good effect lasts about eight to ten hours, which is a big help to me. People do not seem to be reacting at this point.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
bbsux
Advanced

Post by bbsux »

So i been using it for about a week and have noticed that my breath is somewhat better. Reactions are not there all the time. Weird thing is that my tongue is more white now in the morning. Even the tip is is white, before it used to be that only the back of the tongue had goo on it .. I used to use HP before ...

Still not sure weather i should continue or not.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

bbsux is your bb only from your mouth/tongue or does it come from your nose too?
Do you have anyone who you can ask to check your breath to see if this is helping?
bbsux
Advanced

Post by bbsux »

I think i have bad smell coming from nose too but not sure. Cant ask anyone. I asked my mom , sis , and friend and all say they cant smell it but i get the reactions all the time. My sis and friend dont react much but my mom does, yet she says its all in my head.

go figure.

Also when i do the lick your arm test my breath smells like amonia so i am sure i have bb..

As far as therabreath, honestly i dont think its worth it as of right now, i will give it 3-4 days and if it dont help i will call them up and request my money back and return it. I would say it helped but only 20-30%, I paid $154 dollars for the 2 month kit and k12 oral probiotics and will not be keeping it if it doesnt help atleast 80%... did the lick test now and its pretty bad.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

bbsux, since it doesnt appear to be working, why dont you try just using the probiotics, gently brushing them into your tongue with a soft bristled toothbrush. Avoid using any chemicals on your tongue or harsh brushing/scraping because these actions only create a vicious circle.
OneDay111
Sheriff

Post by OneDay111 »

Probiotics is definatly a good choice. Therabreath is a waste of money, along with all products claiming to cure bad breath.
One Day One Day....
Haligone
Advanced

Post by Haligone »

ihatethebus wrote:ruben, totally with you on that 45/80 % bullswit..theres only two sides on a mirror. you either have bb or you dont
I'm not even going to comment on this.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic