Page 1 of 1
Appendix removed?
Posted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:02 pm
by Ruben
Anyone here have their appendix removed when they were young?
Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:54 pm
by Phantasist
Yes, I had my appendix removed when I was 15. But what does that have to do with anything?
Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:04 pm
by sputnik
Appendix remove at age 19... funny you mention that because as far as I can remember, that's about the time my bb started. My chronic halitosis didn't come all at once, but progressively. That's why I can't pinpoint the exact time I realized I had permanent bb.
But now that you mention it, I realize that it was around that period that I started to become self conscious about it. Couldn't tell you if it was a little before or after.
Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:55 pm
by Ruben
Phantasist wrote:Yes, I had my appendix removed when I was 15. But what does that have to do with anything?
had my appendix removed when i was young as well, can't remember the age perhap 7.
I've been reading up on it, apparently the appendix is the organ that "teaches" the rests of your other lymphoepithelial tissue(read tonsils), how to function properly. So if its removed early, its a 50/50 situation. Either your tonsil functions properly like normal, or their fuction is impaired and can't produce the antigens and Bcell that are supposed to deal with some bacteria and other ailments.
One thing i wll say for sure, DO NOT REMOVE YOUR TONSILS, they are not the cause of your bad breadth. Your tonsil is actually preventing you mouth from turning into a Waster Dump, no matter how limited the functionality is at the moment, and you risk an upper respiratory tract infection when you get older.
Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:12 pm
by Ruben
On top of that the Appendix is at the entrance of the last part of your small intestine, and its normal function is to produce antigen and antibodies against things that affect you, So when people say bad gut flora might be causing you BB, the function of the appendix was to mitigate such a thing.
Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:39 am
by tony
Yes, I had my appendix removed when I was 15.
I have always put the beginning of my BB down to changes during puberty (It has lasted 18 years for me so far).
I did have the theory that the appendix has more of a role in the body then we think.
I recon it is definately worth further investigation.
Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:54 am
by Phantasist
Ruben,
My appendix ruptured when I was 15. They had to do an emergency appendectomy because it is life-threatening.
But this can hardly be the cause of my BB, since I first became aware of it when I was 12.
Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:49 am
by Ruben
Phantasist wrote:Ruben,
My appendix ruptured when I was 15. They had to do an emergency appendectomy because it is life-threatening.
But this can hardly be the cause of my BB, since I first became aware of it when I was 12.
You appendix might have been malfunctioning, long before it ruptured
Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:30 am
by halitosisux
One of the actual symptoms of appendicitis is bad breath.
I dont know by what pathway though.
Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:30 am
by aues
Still got my appendix.
Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:28 pm
by Jimi Stein
My was never removed