Page 1 of 1

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:08 am
by caramiamine98
Just to refresh everyone’s memory here are the 5 types of malodor from the Clasification of Malodor thread:
According to me (1) , there are 5 types of malodor:

Type-1 halitosis takes origin from tongue dorsum. Foods are turned aromatic-volatil compounds by anaerobic bacteria between papillae.

Type-2 halitosis takes origin around oral cavity. Paranasal sinuses, Waldeyer's lymphoid ring, retronasal mucosa, oropharynx etc.

Type-3 halitosis takes origin from gastrointestinal canal. Reflux, H. pylori gastritis, bacterial over growth, malabsorptions, gut and colon diseases.

Type-4 halitosis takes origin from blood gases. Many catabolic substances leave the body via renal or hepatic ways. If liver and/or kidneys can not truely filter them, this catabolic waste may resolve in blood plasm and enter to systemic blood circulation. Lungs try to filter and exhale them via breath. They may have a bad odor. This causes bad breath.

Type-5 halitosis is psychologic.


References:
1. Aydın Murat. [Halitosis, from diagnosis to therapy]. Nobel Tıp Kitap evi, Istanbul, 2008. http://www.aydinmur.com/akkitabi.html
2. http://aydinmur.com/agizkokusu.html

viewtopic.php?t=2814&highlight=types

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:04 am
by hope10
I am a candidate..count with me Dr Murat.

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:42 am
by hopelessone
how do ya know what type haltosis you have?

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:03 pm
by Phantasist
I must say these are very strict criteria. I almost fit the profile, but categories 1, 2 and 13 don't apply to me.

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:38 pm
by sputnik
aydinmur wrote:
- Dear caramiamine98, how can you find old messages? Here search function seems unavailable. I can not find old messages even mines.
If you would like to see your old posts or some else's in particular, click on the "profile" button located at the bottom of each post (right next to the pm button) and then click on the right hand side of the screen to 'find all posts'.link.

I think that's how caramiamine98 does it.