Page 1 of 2
Comment on the show
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:25 am
by jess
Hi guys,
Here's a link where you can comment on the Tyra show:
http://telepicturesblog.warnerbros.com/ ... rders.html
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:52 am
by austuser
lol, some of the shit people are coming up with there to cure halitosis.
3 green apples a day will cure halitosis
sad thing is i might try it.
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:58 am
by austuser
you know what i think though, they are gonna have the halitosis girl come back on the show. 99% of the responses to the show are about her, so dont be surprised if tyra decides to have her back with some medical experts on the show.
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:36 am
by oneway
Poor girl! She's so beautiful and she has such a secluded life! Did you notice how shiny and healthy her teeth looked?
About one of the comments on dairy, I have to agree on that one. It's not related to lactose intolerance. Just give up dairy. I remember I used to down a big glass of skim milk mixed in with protein powder for breakfast before work and my colleagues standing 5 feet away would tweak their noses or move back. Then I switched to toast and plain tea and my death breath reduced by 75%. Now, whenever I am tempted by cereal and milk, my breath gets especially bad not for just that day but the next couple days. Avoiding milk REALLY helps. For those of you drinking milk right now, stop. Really. You can have yogurt, even some cheeses later in the day, but no milk for breakfast, not even a spoonful in your beverage.
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:54 pm
by austuser
i agree, ever since i realised i was lactose intollerant and HAD to remove dairy from the diet, my breath was better for it.
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:13 pm
by elliott
Ditto to milk. Soy MIlk too.
As far as I know, cheese and red meat as well.
Even the acidity in tea bothers me.
White bread, white rice, and white sugar are horrible for me.
drinking more water does nothing, but less water is worse.
Red or Green delicious (type) apples daily do work to reduce my BB, so does fiber.
Nothing I do to my mouth works. I actually don't believe that is the correct target to shoot at. You can band-aid it, but the probem lies deeper.
Then again, thats only MY brand of halitosis.
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:34 pm
by jess
Guys I know it is frustrating reading some of those comments suggesting her to use those simple remedies and products that we, bb sufferers, have tried before and found useless. But keep in mind that the majority of people are still "ignorant" of CHRONIC bad breath, and I think they mean well by recommending those products, such as smart mouth and stuff. Some still might think it's a simple oral issue. So take this opportunity to inform and "educate" the public on the matter and spread the world that we need medical attention and a real cure.
And by the way, I did watch the show last night, it aired at two oclock in my area.
Bravo for that girl, and thanks to the producers and Tyra for bringing up these issues that no one wants to talk about.
Kristen (jess)
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:52 pm
by Busted
Why can't I read the comments on that page??
i sent a message to her
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:10 pm
by LJ
I'm going to take a look thru the comments and see what people are saying. Oh, yeah, apples: that will do it.
anyway, I passed along a message to the producer thanking her for the care she took on the show with this wonderful young woman. I told her to pass my email address and the addresses of both sites, this one, and breathhelp4u to her so she can get some support.
If I hear anything, I'll let you all know ASAP.
(Now to go look at these comments) laura
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:40 pm
by Busted
Is she a member of this forum or maybe the yahoo groups? I think she has a lot of courage to just appear on national television and tell people about her problem. She was using that Germ-x soap which was Oceanside's find. If she hadn't got it from this forum, she must have gotten that from the yahoo groups. What do you guys think??
austuser wrote:you know what i think though, they are gonna have the halitosis girl come back on the show. 99% of the responses to the show are about her, so dont be surprised if tyra decides to have her back with some medical experts on the show.
I think even the so called specialists are clueless when it comes to bad breath. I'm starting to think that there may be nothing you can do about it. But hell even if the people were more understanding, I'd be very happy.
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:42 pm
by noptical
Busted wrote:She was using that Germ-x soap which was chuckwho's find.
The name's Oceanside

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:48 pm
by waitingforrelief
i read the comments that people wrote on tyra's site. one person mentioned this mushroom extract -
http://www.hankintatukku.com/Odormin.html
has anyone tried it? wonder if it does anything for bb.
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:57 pm
by Busted
noptical wrote:Busted wrote:She was using that Germ-x soap which was Oceanside's find.
The name's Oceanside

can't believe i wrote chuckwho, shit.
Oh yea now i remember I wrote chuckwho to see if u were goin to log in to this site to correct it.

Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:14 am
by thanatos
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:21 am
by stinky
The problem is the general public dosent understand. People who havent experienced it will just say brush ur teeth. I dont think there is anyway to make them understand something they havent experienced.
Just hope some expert micro biologist has what we have.