Page 1 of 1
PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE!!!
Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:19 am
by sweetnlow
Tomorrow I go to the doctor because I think I have an urinary tract infection. If the test is positive then you know they will put me on antibiotics. What should I take before I start the antibiotics because you know the antibiotics well kill off the good bacteria. Should I take probiotics? Please let me know what other products to use. Thank You All.
Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:29 am
by cool
a friend of mine was on antibiotics and was told by his doctor to eat actimel (probiotic joghurt) for some weeks after the antibiotics ran out.
i asked him if a natural joghurt wouldnt have done the same?
he told me his doctor told him he should go with actimel (i think it was actimel) because its more concentrated or something like this.
if this will do anything but cost you money is not clear to me but i guess you cant do anything wrong with eating actimel over a period of time.
Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:03 pm
by Phantasist
You should definitely get probiotics. You can get them through mail-order or in health food stores. Make sure you get ones with the greatest number of live cells per capsule and the capsules should be coated so that the live bacterial cells can make it through the stomach without being destroyed by the stomach acid.
As you are probably aware, antibiotics destroy the good bacteria along with the bad, so this is a way of getting the beneficial bacteria back into your system.