Your Email Address:

First Name:

how can i have the strength to live on

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
quiet_blue_sky

how can i have the strength to live on

Post by quiet_blue_sky »

i am a girl. i encounter the problem since secondary school. (i live in hong kong )
it's a long and horrible story to tell.
if u only have the mouth odor, u are comparatively lucky.
u guys can just shut up the mouth.
but in my case, i have nose and mouth dor.
wherever, i go, people just stare at me,gossip about me.
i have been isolated in school for 7 years.they think i am untidy, dirty. i have never blamed others as i know that it's really hard for other to understand my situation. if people have not gone through this, they will never know the pain of halitosis. they just keep teasing me.
i have maintained a good living habit,
i told my doctor the problem which i think it was embrassing. but it's ok if the doctor can cure the disoder . but they 're clueless.
yesterday,in bus, all people (30 people ) just stare at me because of the extremely bad breath i have. my breath just fill the bus. at my home's toliet, i cired. i kept asking god y keep doing this to me, i struggle to live . y do god curse me with this? i have so tired of living, living is a daily suffer. every minute every second i just can't concentrate with my work and every minute every second people notice i have bad breath.
Once i believed it was a chanllenge in my life, if i go through this, i would have strong mind. but i have tried every possible methods to get rid of this, it doesn't help. it's a curse i can't get rid of.
it's far worse then living in prison, i am robbed from dignity, freedom even to breath and live and care from others....

i just want to kill my self. i am only 18 years old. i asked my friend.
"if i died at the age of 60, i still have 42 years to suffer!"
but my mind tell me i want to live on, but my emotion tell me i just can't bear what others think of me. and i fear if i can't commit sucide successfully, then the life in future would be far worse.
tell me what can i do? i am too tired.

elliott
God

Post by elliott »

i so understand. I feel that way on and off. Everyday is a challenge. The inability to communicate, the need to isolate, dealing with reactions, no reflief from doctors. I no longer have hope for marriage or a family, etc.

I have found that I need to rely on myself to keep my mind right, and to search what still makes me happy each day. Little things. I've learned to ignore the outside world and focus on myself, but I still yearn to be like everyone else. Still I manage to find ways to stay occupied, and make each day meaningful, while I study my body and see what it likes and what not.

You never know what it is and when that certain "thing" will work, so stay strong for that moment. Well, thats the way I deal with it. My problem is that I keep fooling myself, and reality always manages to step back in... then I go back down. A constant struggle.

Please stay positive, and keep happy thoughts. I think that is by far the most important thing for wellness. I only get depressed when I think too much of it, but when I distract myself with something fun (usually alone) I find some peace, and thus re-energize my desire to find a cure...or if no cure, then I will find out how to make the best of my life.

The people at this site will be here for you, so never feel alone in this.
succ
Junior

Post by succ »

I am 18 and I too go to secondary school. As we speak, I've been absent again for three days because of this bb. It's been really bad lately. I've been isolated from my friends and everyone else for about 4-5 years now. I could probably get more friends if I really tried to, but as you said it takes away our dignity, and I am a very proud man, I don't want to deal with others if I can't deal with this problem.
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

not to dwarf the suffering you guys go through, but i think we do a lot of damage with our own insecurity.

I wont talk about myself because my bb is not as bad as most people here. I have a very good friend a few years younger than me. He is 19 and has bad ****ing breath. i always tell him, and all our other friends always tell him his breath stinks. (this is the guy who i gauge my own breath on). He thinks my breath is bad but thinks his own is good. Believe me, its not.

He knows about my tongue cleaning routine and once i forced him to go through the tongue gel, scraper and probiotic routine at my house. he said i was weird and laughed about it all day. This guy has many friends, male and female. We go out most weekends to clubs and he usually picks up and gets laid. His ex-girlfriend always talked about how bad his breath was. But guess what, he still had her and has many chicks. His attitude is "My breath doesnt stink". I tell him, "Dude, your breath is shit, use this gel and scrape your tongue"....his response is "Shutup". Then we go out, he talks and dances with chicks, and sometimes takes them home.

I am ten times better looking than him, but because I am "Breath conscious", i shy away from girls more than I should, and i dont get laid. He is ugly and has worse breath than me, but his confidence and lack of concern over his breath makes him a magnet for girls. I ask him a couple of time a week about my breath. When i havent tongue cleaned for a while, he says its bad, then other times he says its good. But i always tell him his is bad.

Even though he is in the same boat, it just doesnt get in the way of his life.
LJ
Junior

it's the way it is and they way you look at it...

Post by LJ »

I know the pain of all of this; and I know that we can deal with a lot of pain. 30 people on a bus staring...hmm...what would I do?
I know you are probably not American/ and I don't detect Californian (since we rarely take the bus); but I would probably yell, "what the ***k are you looking at?"
I don't hold it in anymore.
You have every right to be alive and enjoy your life. How you do that is what you percieve in your mind. Start working on that area and things will start to be clear; you have a problem; you are not a problem; and you can find many ways to deal with this.
I'm interested in the fact that the odor also eminates thru your nose. Mine does too. But have you had a doctor check your nose for infections and obstructions?
What is your routine? do you brush with lousy, drying out toothpastes? alcohol rinses? strong oils such as peppermint or tea tree oil?
Do you brush your tongue? if so, how and with what?
Do you irrigate your sinuses?
Write back and let me know what you're doing and maybe we can figure a way to make this a little less bad. Laura
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

We have family in hong kong which we visit almost every year. Last year I visited an ENT over there who couldn't help me. During my stay there I payed attention to others, who might have had the same problem, but found none. When I was sitting in a bus or using subway, people sometimes coughed and touched their noses. I'm not sure if I have nose odour or not, but it could be, cause I never open my mouth, but I still get those reactions. Hong Kong is very modern when it comes to curing diseases, so I thought I'd give it a try, but with no luck. I think there's like a smaller than 1% chance that someone suffers from chronic halitosis so it's not weird that they are clueless.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

Nose odor just SCREAMS "SINUSITIS" or some other infection in the respiratory system
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

noptical wrote:Nose odor just SCREAMS "SINUSITIS" or some other infection in the respiratory system
It's not as easy as you think. If she had a sinusitis, one of the doctors/ENTs she visited in HK would have noticed it. They have really modern technology over there.
quiet_blue_sky

Post by quiet_blue_sky »

elliott wrote:i so understand. I feel that way on and off. Everyday is a challenge. The inability to communicate, the need to isolate, dealing with reactions, no reflief from doctors. I no longer have hope for marriage or a family, etc.

I have found that I need to rely on myself to keep my mind right, and to search what still makes me happy each day. Little things. I've learned to ignore the outside world and focus on myself, but I still yearn to be like everyone else. Still I manage to find ways to stay occupied, and make each day meaningful, while I study my body and see what it likes and what not.

You never know what it is and when that certain "thing" will work, so stay strong for that moment. Well, thats the way I deal with it. My problem is that I keep fooling myself, and reality always manages to step back in... then I go back down. A constant struggle.

Please stay positive, and keep happy thoughts. I think that is by far the most important thing for wellness. I only get depressed when I think too much of it, but when I distract myself with something fun (usually alone) I find some peace, and thus re-energize my desire to find a cure...or if no cure, then I will find out how to make the best of my life.

The people at this site will be here for you, so never feel alone in this.
thanks for your encouragement ,elliott
if i have to get on with life, i would be a medical professional.
it's ok whether i will be medical laboratory staff or nurse.
i am determined to find the cause of halitosis.
it's the sole aim for my life.
it's meaning to be rich or have power if i can not get rid of bb.

i can also find peace while hiking, listening to classical music and reading books.
my favourite song is canon in D majar
quiet_blue_sky

Post by quiet_blue_sky »

succ wrote:I am 18 and I too go to secondary school. As we speak, I've been absent again for three days because of this bb. It's been really bad lately. I've been isolated from my friends and everyone else for about 4-5 years now. I could probably get more friends if I really tried to, but as you said it takes away our dignity, and I am a very proud man, I don't want to deal with others if I can't deal with this problem.
it's really hard to be strong.
my classmates are really tolerate to my problem, not teasing me IN FRONT of me.
it's horrible to imagine what will be like in university or working in companies.
yes, in the past, i really thought i had to solve this problem of bb before i do anything,
but the truth is we are living with this problem, it may even be a life-long problem.
i hope u are determined to solve this problem, right now i may be promoted to university ,
i will choose those related to health care, what is/ will be your major then?
quiet_blue_sky

Post by quiet_blue_sky »

austuser wrote:not to dwarf the suffering you guys go through, but i think we do a lot of damage with our own insecurity.

I wont talk about myself because my bb is not as bad as most people here. I have a very good friend a few years younger than me. He is 19 and has bad ****ing breath. i always tell him, and all our other friends always tell him his breath stinks. (this is the guy who i gauge my own breath on). He thinks my breath is bad but thinks his own is good. Believe me, its not.

He knows about my tongue cleaning routine and once i forced him to go through the tongue gel, scraper and probiotic routine at my house. he said i was weird and laughed about it all day. This guy has many friends, male and female. We go out most weekends to clubs and he usually picks up and gets laid. His ex-girlfriend always talked about how bad his breath was. But guess what, he still had her and has many chicks. His attitude is "My breath doesnt stink". I tell him, "Dude, your breath is shit, use this gel and scrape your tongue"....his response is "Shutup". Then we go out, he talks and dances with chicks, and sometimes takes them home.

I am ten times better looking than him, but because I am "Breath conscious", i shy away from girls more than I should, and i dont get laid. He is ugly and has worse breath than me, but his confidence and lack of concern over his breath makes him a magnet for girls. I ask him a couple of time a week about my breath. When i havent tongue cleaned for a while, he says its bad, then other times he says its good. But i always tell him his is bad.

Even though he is in the same boat, it just doesnt get in the way of his life.
yes , one of the important problem about bb is WE DO NOT KNOW HOW SERIOUS IT IS?
the seriouness of bb changes with time.
the bb may be serious or not , however, we feel insecure ALL THE TIME.
so insecure that we r not dare to communicate with others.
but communication is essential element in our job, relationships.
it's better to get cancer, relative will care for me, friends will write cards for me, with bb,they just stay away from me.
quiet_blue_sky

Re: it's the way it is and they way you look at it...

Post by quiet_blue_sky »

LJ wrote:I know the pain of all of this; and I know that we can deal with a lot of pain. 30 people on a bus staring...hmm...what would I do?
I know you are probably not American/ and I don't detect Californian (since we rarely take the bus); but I would probably yell, "what the ***k are you looking at?"
I don't hold it in anymore.
You have every right to be alive and enjoy your life. How you do that is what you percieve in your mind. Start working on that area and things will start to be clear; you have a problem; you are not a problem; and you can find many ways to deal with this.
I'm interested in the fact that the odor also eminates thru your nose. Mine does too. But have you had a doctor check your nose for infections and obstructions?
What is your routine? do you brush with lousy, drying out toothpastes? alcohol rinses? strong oils such as peppermint or tea tree oil?
Do you brush your tongue? if so, how and with what?
Do you irrigate your sinuses?
Write back and let me know what you're doing and maybe we can figure a way to make this a little less bad. Laura
i live in hong kong which was once a colony of britain and returned to china in 1997., i hope u know this place. haha, but i still say i am a hong konger instead of chinese.
i have a brother living in california. he is studying in community college.

i have visited a nose doctor. he said i have super sensitive nose. it's really hard to explain what the probelm is. some kind of muscle in nose will be bigger if some specific thing (e.g. dust ) get into my nose. so my nose can not breath. he gave me some medicine to spray in my nose.it's better. actually, i don't know whether the mouth odor make my nose bad, or the nose obstruction lead to bad breath. what i do notice is some air from my stomach will irritate other nose.

every morning and night, i use common toothpaste to brush my teeth, and use some tongue scraper to scrape through the tongue. every time , i will bath before going outside. but all these doesn't help much. i dare not to use mouth rinse as i heard that it would make the mouth even more dry. i sometimes use peppermint, but it doesn't help much either.

tell me more about your problem. it's glad to meet u. u r really active to solve this problem. as apart from mouth odor, we have nose odor , we can try to figure out what is the cause together.
quiet_blue_sky

Post by quiet_blue_sky »

Busted wrote:We have family in hong kong which we visit almost every year. Last year I visited an ENT over there who couldn't help me. During my stay there I payed attention to others, who might have had the same problem, but found none. When I was sitting in a bus or using subway, people sometimes coughed and touched their noses. I'm not sure if I have nose odour or not, but it could be, cause I never open my mouth, but I still get those reactions. Hong Kong is very modern when it comes to curing diseases, so I thought I'd give it a try, but with no luck. I think there's like a smaller than 1% chance that someone suffers from chronic halitosis so it's not weird that they are clueless.
:shock: which country do u live in? i do not think hong kong is modern compared to america.
u know that hong kong is a very crowded place, every street , road is full oe people. with bb, it's really hard to get on with life.
succ
Junior

Post by succ »

quiet_blue_sky wrote:
succ wrote:I am 18 and I too go to secondary school. As we speak, I've been absent again for three days because of this bb. It's been really bad lately. I've been isolated from my friends and everyone else for about 4-5 years now. I could probably get more friends if I really tried to, but as you said it takes away our dignity, and I am a very proud man, I don't want to deal with others if I can't deal with this problem.
it's really hard to be strong.
my classmates are really tolerate to my problem, not teasing me IN FRONT of me.
it's horrible to imagine what will be like in university or working in companies.
yes, in the past, i really thought i had to solve this problem of bb before i do anything,
but the truth is we are living with this problem, it may even be a life-long problem.
i hope u are determined to solve this problem, right now i may be promoted to university ,
i will choose those related to health care, what is/ will be your major then?
I think I'll become a doctor. I don't want to sound a stuck-up but I think I am easily capable of going through the 6 years of studying and the entrance exams if this problem of mine doesn't get any worse.
KC
Junior

Post by KC »

Hey Sky. I'm also from Hong Kong. I suffered from bad breath for 15 years. If you want to contact me. Email : [email protected]
I also think of kill myself several times. But think about the headline of tomorrow's apple daily is a girl commit s*****e coz of bad breath, then you probably give up this idea.. I'm now 30 yrs old. If I can go through all these days, you can do it too. Stay strong, you are not alone. there is a big chinese forum of badbreath which has over 1000 active members. If you want to take a look, please let me know.

KC
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic