PND
Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:43 pm
I found a post on another website (abc homeopathy) and thought I would reproduce it here for anyone who is willing to try this cure for PND. (I don't think the author would mind)
I already eat so little (mainly brown rice and pulses) that I don't know if this is a safe option for me but it certainly looks interesting if you have the willpower to do it.
HERE IS THE POST BELOW:
I think I've finally got my PND cracked. It's been a tortuous path, but I think I'm there. Three months ago my bronchial tubes were filling every minute with PND, and it was hard to cough out without gagging. It stank of rotting fish. Today, well, I've only had to clear my throat less than half a dozen times.
What I did was stop eating, just drank water. I booked into a supervised water-fast in case anything went wrong. After two weeks of fasting, the PND dried up. I finally broke my fast after one more week. It took me another month to get back to full strength. Fasting causes the body to cannibalize all superfluous tissue - benign tumours, nasal polyps etc. Two days after I started eating again, the PND came back, but it was a shadow of its former self. It was odorless and just required throat-clearing & swallowing every few minutes. It was still a darn nuisance and it took me a couple of months to figure out what was causing it. It wasn't an allergy to dairy or gluten - you should eliminate that possibility first. Nor was it LPR - another malady easily confused with PND. No, it was triggered by carbs (especially sweet carbs like fruit) but it was caused by FAT. I cut out almost all my fat/oil intake, and the carbs were no longer a problem - I can now eat as much fruit and potato as I like. Apparently fat/oil stays in the blood for 24 hours or so, and it slows down the absorption of blood sugar, so that some of the excess blood sugar is eliminated in snot (making the snot viscous and providing a feast for nasal bacteria) and on the scalp (providing a feast for dandruff fungus). Breathing salty water also helped control the nasal bacteria, but that was just attacking symptoms, not causes. So - fast first, then restrict fat-intake to a bare minimum. It's a drug-free cure.
I already eat so little (mainly brown rice and pulses) that I don't know if this is a safe option for me but it certainly looks interesting if you have the willpower to do it.
HERE IS THE POST BELOW:
I think I've finally got my PND cracked. It's been a tortuous path, but I think I'm there. Three months ago my bronchial tubes were filling every minute with PND, and it was hard to cough out without gagging. It stank of rotting fish. Today, well, I've only had to clear my throat less than half a dozen times.
What I did was stop eating, just drank water. I booked into a supervised water-fast in case anything went wrong. After two weeks of fasting, the PND dried up. I finally broke my fast after one more week. It took me another month to get back to full strength. Fasting causes the body to cannibalize all superfluous tissue - benign tumours, nasal polyps etc. Two days after I started eating again, the PND came back, but it was a shadow of its former self. It was odorless and just required throat-clearing & swallowing every few minutes. It was still a darn nuisance and it took me a couple of months to figure out what was causing it. It wasn't an allergy to dairy or gluten - you should eliminate that possibility first. Nor was it LPR - another malady easily confused with PND. No, it was triggered by carbs (especially sweet carbs like fruit) but it was caused by FAT. I cut out almost all my fat/oil intake, and the carbs were no longer a problem - I can now eat as much fruit and potato as I like. Apparently fat/oil stays in the blood for 24 hours or so, and it slows down the absorption of blood sugar, so that some of the excess blood sugar is eliminated in snot (making the snot viscous and providing a feast for nasal bacteria) and on the scalp (providing a feast for dandruff fungus). Breathing salty water also helped control the nasal bacteria, but that was just attacking symptoms, not causes. So - fast first, then restrict fat-intake to a bare minimum. It's a drug-free cure.