Page 1 of 1

bad breath ruined my life

Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:00 pm
by Kronx
Hey, as you all know from the title err..subject, that bad breath destoryed my world. I am a 16 year old kid in highschool I have it for more than 3 years now and somewhat noticed a year ago. Its hard to talk to my friends and family as they cover their mouths with their hands and i try to avoid them as much as possible. When im in school i always hold my breath until i reach my locker and during in class people around me can still smell my bad breath. I'm putting my friends in hell whenever there near me and i don't want taht to happen. My mom tells me to find a job during 2010 summer, but i decided not to because if i do get the job i would have to speak to my boss, colleague and the costumers.

Alright now going on to my tongue. My tongue is always white constantly at the back and a bit of A BIT AND I MEAN A BIT of black hairy tongue at the back. I floss everyday, i brush everyday, use tongue scrapper (a cheap one), gargle with salt water, hyrogen peroxide 3% half and half water, and recently tried to use mouthwash from a thread from this site that it works 50%.

I drink at least 2L of water, eat a fruit per day, and eat rice everyday as im asian :D.

i really REALLY want to find a cure to this and its just hard for me to interact with anyone D: PLZ PLZ PLZ help thank you.

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:45 am
by mike987
Don't waste years of your life trying the ridiculous 'cures' talked about on this site.

Figure out what exactly your problem is, by going to a doctor, and work on that. You may not want to say 'hey doc, my breath smells like shit and I feel suicidal" .. He'll probably blow you off and send you to a psychiatrist.

Focus on whatever related symptoms you have and tell the doc you are concerned about them. If he appears to understand and is willing to do something, then I'd also say, 'and I think it makes my breath nasty' or something. My point is, lots of doctors don't give a hoot if you have bad breath. But if you can point them in the right direction with unnatural symptoms, it gives something for the doctors to work on.

Good luck. BTW, all of us BB sufferers here have jobs.. Becoming a hermit isn't the answer although I feel like I want to do that often.

Oh yeah, and run the hell out of your parent's health insurance while you can. I discovered by BB when I was 22, by that time, I had no health insurance, so going to a doctor and having anything done was basically a no go.. Eventually I was unemployed for so long I was eligible for some healthcare coverage.

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:14 am
by Kronx
thanks for replying, well this is gonna suck, my next appointment to the dentist is November :S i guess im a sitting duck atm.

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:44 am
by mike987
Do you have any sinus problems?? You might want to set up an appointment with an ENT.

In my experience and from what I see around the site, the dentist isn't often very helpful... But what am I saying, you should most certainly check it out anyway. Make it clear you want to see if there are any problems and you don't just want the half ass checkup they normally do.

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:14 am
by terminalBB
i'm going to high school next year, byt at least you have it better than me cause people can smell my breath in a 8 meter radius, it suckz, i can stink up a room in 2 mins. :) hope you find a cure :)xx