Page 1 of 1

SPAM

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:08 pm
by halitosisux
I need opinions on whether we need to deter spamming by deleting or editing posts that are obviously spam.

This site is what it is because its so free and open. I dont think we should ever make genuine people feel uneasy about posting information about useful products etc. But its usually so obvious when its not genuine and if anyone thinks spam should be deleted, then please give opinions on this.

Especially these ebook breath bibles telling us things we already know.
I think anyone who genuinely makes reference to anything uselful they've learnt from one of these books should just TELL US what it is or otherwise dont mention it.

Re: SPAM

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:11 pm
by OneDay111
I want you to humiliate them. By putting a funny picture. Edit them so we can have a laugh :D

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:20 pm
by Ruben
I agree, edit their posts, and put something like Spam not allowed, and delete links to retarded ebooks.

One of those guys actually posted some comment on my blog post linking to the ebook site, and i deleted it. Oddly enough the animal was from thailand.

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:40 pm
by halitosisux
lol, ok. I've already done a few with JennyWilson and some others, so I'll do the same again whenever there's a spam alert.

Re: SPAM

Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:27 am
by hopelessone
OneDay111 wrote:I want you to humiliate them. By putting a funny picture. Edit them so we can have a laugh :D
ROFLOLOL!!!!

i want you to do this -------> Image

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:31 pm
by Phantasist
I don't think that spamming posts should be deleted. I'm for freedom of speech and against censorship.
But you should flag them as SPAM so that we are all alerted to it.

Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:48 am
by hopelessone
Phantasist wrote:I don't think that spamming posts should be deleted. I'm for freedom of speech and against censorship.
But you should flag them as SPAM so that we are all alerted to it.
got any smilie suggestions for spam? Image