Page 1 of 1

Help and advice on the next steps for me.

Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:11 pm
by lisa1983
Some of you will have already read 'My story' but I will outline the problem again.

I have had bad breath on and off for 2 years, since finding this website and using I have located the smell to be a fecal smell from my nose. Often it is mild but it comes on strong at other times on after bending down and often at periods of stress and always when I cry. I beleive it to be my sinuses and have a ENT apppointment in 4 weeks.
In the mean time I need to try everything that will not waste my time....
I obviusly brush my teeth and floss twice a day, Followed by an acohol free Mouth wash. I use a retadrex mouth spray but this makes little difference when I am having an 'episode' as I like to call them.
Last time I went to the doctors he pescribed me Amoxicillin for 7 days (200mg) and I had the best 10 bad breath free days until it returned. I was so gutted but having read up on here I had a feeling it might. I've since read that maybe the course was not long enough so have an appoinment tomorrow with the same doc, should I ask for a bigger dose? I want to try the neti pot next as horrible as it sounds, they have them on ebay but will they be the real deal or all they all pretty standard? I have also bought some probiotic yogurt drinks. What else can I do to reduce this awful smell, it makes me feel sick!