Your Email Address:

First Name:

metronidazole

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
TIRED
Advanced

metronidazole

Post by TIRED »

I think I have secondary TMAU so I am going to try to get rid of my bad breath with metronidazole (an antibiotic), probiotics, and L-glutamine. Has anyone that's tried antibiotics tell me of your experience. I have been taking 1 teas. of L-glutamine powder on an empty stomach each morning for intestinal health and I am more regular than I have ever been. I really like this stuff. It's really inexpensive at the Vitamin Shoppe in the States. Here is a link.
http://www.fitwise.com/l-glutamine_information.asp

brightonguy
Advanced

Post by brightonguy »

There's loads of posts on this forum about metronidazole. If you haven't done so already, use the search function to find them and read about peoples experiences. I thought about giving it a try, for a moment I thought it sounded like a great idea - oooh an antiobiotic that just kills the anaerobic bacteria. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have helped that many people and where people did get a reduction or elimination of BB whilst taking it, it usually just came back.

Whether you're more or less likely to benefit from it compared to everyone else by virtue of suspecting you have secondary TMAU, I don't know.
ChipmunkGrl
Total Newbie

Post by ChipmunkGrl »

In my experience an antibiotic is not a lasting solution. I also had some nasty side effects from them. I don't think I will turn to them again even as a last resort.
TIRED
Advanced

Post by TIRED »

Chipmunk - did you take probiotics when you took them??? What were your side effects?
caramiamine98
Advanced

Post by caramiamine98 »

Hi Tired,

This is the post that helped me the most. I’ve had my BB under control for over 2 years now by following a modified version of this since I don’t have BO:

How my son cleansed his bloodborne body odor by mpdela
http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1191287

Hope this helps you. Cheers, C
angst-ridden
Advanced

Post by angst-ridden »

I dont have TMAU, only BB, but i also tried taking metronidazole, i've consumed 5 tablets before the side effects became obvious. I've experienced headaches and tingling sensations so i stopped taking it. Well, i dont think my breath improved, but at least my saliva didnt smell bad when i check it 95% of the time while i was taking those pills.
dick.karma
Advanced

Post by dick.karma »

anyone knows where one can buy copper chlorophyllin?
hopefulness

Post by hopefulness »

The trick with bb and metronidazole is never to swallow them, think of them like salt water. Morning and Night after eating crush 1 tablet into a power, mix a little water to form a past, and brush your whole mouth with it, when finished, add a little more water, add gargle it for 2 full minutes. Then avoid fluids and food for an hour. Yes this will taste terrible and some will tell you to mix the paste with toothpaste-and that’s fine. Just don't swallow it. Hope this helps you..
angst-ridden
Advanced

Post by angst-ridden »

hopefulness wrote:The trick with bb and metronidazole is never to swallow them, think of them like salt water. Morning and Night after eating crush 1 tablet into a power, mix a little water to form a past, and brush your whole mouth with it, when finished, add a little more water, add gargle it for 2 full minutes. Then avoid fluids and food for an hour. Yes this will taste terrible and some will tell you to mix the paste with toothpaste-and that’s fine. Just don't swallow it. Hope this helps you..
Thanks for sharing, i will try it tomorrow. So i just wanna ask, based on your own experience, did this method cure you? Or it just offered some kind of relief? I am torn as to which tip i would try first, since i have been browsing the forum.
hopefulness

Post by hopefulness »

Yes this method worked for me. It will not work for PND so sinus bb will still be a problem.

Just to be clear; the objective here is not to kill all the bacteria anywhere in your body as this would kill you as well, much to the delight of the bacteria who consume your corps. A normal healthy person needs bacteria to live. If your breath has no smell it is not an indication your breath is fresh, it indicates your breath is below human detectable levels. To a dog your fresh breath would smell like you just drank a cup of Diarrhea.

So the objective is to restore your oral bacteria to its normal bacterial balance. And really any rational conversation on bb should only centre on this single objective. Bad Breath Is Normal. To suggest a cure for bad breath is analogous to cutting off your legs because your feet are uncomfortable.
angst-ridden
Advanced

Post by angst-ridden »

Yeah, i also agree with you, since its normal to have BB, we are just unfortunate that ours went extreme, to say the least. Anyway, i read that toothpaste contains sodium laureth sulfate and alcohol which is a big no-no for us BB sufferrers, so i will try to stomach the taste of metronidazole. If i cant really take it, then i have no choice but to add some toothpaste in it. I hope it would work for me, since i dont have PND.
faith21

Post by faith21 »

Edit: wrong thread.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic