Page 1 of 1

Reasonable caues for BB

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:12 pm
by faith21
If you have had bb for as long as you can remember. What would be some reasonable causes for having BB?

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:09 am
by terranpatriot
different for every person...can be dental/nasal/stomach related..or a combination of multiple factors. but i think mine personally was related to mucus. heavy mucus production and the way it settles on the back of the tongue and thus feed bacteria. a combination of honey, a humidifier, and using crushed up antibiotics on an orabrush helps me a lot..although i am still dehydrated which I am still trying to cure through nose breathing

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:56 am
by angst-ridden
In my opinion, since i dont have PND, i think it started when i started using mouthwash. My teeth doesnt have any problem, according to my dentist. I went to an internist and an ENT, still they didnt find anything. So its reasonable for me to think that mouthwash changed the balance of bacteria in my body.

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:17 am
by faith21
angst-ridden wrote:In my opinion, since i dont have PND, i think it started when i started using mouthwash. My teeth doesnt have any problem, according to my dentist. I went to an internist and an ENT, still they didnt find anything. So its reasonable for me to think that mouthwash changed the balance of bacteria in my body.
I feel like I may be in the same boat as you. Have you been able to find a cure. Is there a way of restoring the balance in bacteria? I have ruled out things like wisdom teeth because I have had bad breath as long as I remember.

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:32 am
by angst-ridden
How does your breath smell like? Mine smells like rotten egg? Like it smells of stale saliva. Anyway, i havent found a cure yet, sad to say. Im quite puzzled too if there is a way to get rid of this. I tried virgin coconut oil and metronidazole. The VCO was useless, and the metronidazole, i stopped after taking 5 tablets intermittently (i sometimes forget to take it on some days) because i started to experience the side effects, like headaches and tingling sensations. But in fairness, while i was taking it, even if the BB remained, my saliva, when i would smell it, i cant smell anything 95% of the time. Now i can smell the BB on my saliva again coz i stopped taking it.

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:21 am
by faith21
Last week I went to the doctor because I've been having stuffy noses every morning and he believes I may be allergic to dust mites and subscribed me a nasal steroid. I've taken it for about a 1 week now and still not useful. Still wake in the morning with a stuffy nose. So I think I may have some sort of sinuitis or an allergy that is producing mucus that I cannot see on the back of my tongue/ throat. But I really dont know what my breath smells like. I've only asked my brother if it smells bad and he agreed. I'm so embarassed to ask people that question even though I can sense they can smell my bad breath . Has there been anything that has given you even temporary relief?

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:19 am
by TIRED
my breath smells like sulfur or garbage. I just got done with a 5 day dose of metronidazole and now I am taking probiotics and an oral probiotic called Evora Plus. The Evora leaves a thick coating on your tongue and it feels a little numb and tingly so I know something is happening. I didn't get any reactions from anyone today, but I really can't get my hopes up yet. It is way to soon to tell, but I will keep you posted.

Evora Plus is at Walgreens and I think Target for $19.99. It's on Amazon too.

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:11 pm
by Phantasist
I have also started using Evora plus from Walgreen's, but it does not leave a sticky coating on my tongue. In fact it seems to be reducing the white coating on my tongue which I normally have. It has not gotten rid of the coating entirely, but the coating seems to be thinner and my breath odor is also reduced. I have only used these oral probiotics for 4 days, so it's too early to tell what this will do. Also, I use the Evora tablet several hours after brushing teeth and then scraping my tongue, brushing the tongue with antibacterial toothpaste and rinsing my mouth with an antibacterial rinse. In the past I have used K-12 probiotics, but they did not work for me. I think the Evora plus is having some beneficial effect.

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:14 am
by faith21
If we cant smell our bad breath do you think its safe to say its not related to our wisdom teeth because I still have mine in.

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:34 am
by halitosisux
I could always smell my own BB, whether I tried to or not. That's why it used to affect me so much, it was like a constant feedback to my brain like a deformity.

A lot of people say they cant detect anything and only go by the cringeing reactions they get from others. I'm not sure which category could be worse really.

Generally, if you have a bad smelling tongue and/or dental problems, you'll be able to easily smell your own foulness. If on the other hand you have odours released from your lungs or the source is in your nose, then because of familiarization of your sense of smell, you wont be able to self-detect anything.

Various causes of BB can manifest themselves in ways that may not seem logical or obvious. The only hope of ever curing BB is to work your way through any potential causes through trial and error. Never underestimate the potential for your teeth and gums to cause chronic BB.

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:34 pm
by faith21
Went to the dentist today and told her about my situation. She measured my gum levels and stressed how I had very healthy teeth and gums and that she doesnt believe its mouth related. Everytime I go to the dentist they rave about my teeth and they dont know why I pay so much attention to them is because of my BB. And I cant smell my BB but I can taste it at times. I'm thinking its nasal related so I'm going to set up an appointment with my ENT.

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:43 am
by searching
Hello faith21,
If you have had bb for as long as you can remember. What would be some reasonable causes for having BB?
I believe people with long-term BB have chronic, yet mild immunodeficiency, of a similar type that may predispose some to, for example, chronic dandruff or body odor. These conditions are perceived as objectionable to the mainstream; however, they are not physically life threatening. Some BB sufferers are hosts to an abnormal blend of annoying microorganisms.

Other than the negative, social consequences, it seems the cohabitation of bacteria and/or fungal colonies may not be a health hazard, if gums and teeth are otherwise healthy. I’m referring to cases where no toxins are produced.

To take an example mentioned earlier, dandruff is the irritation of the scalp due to the presence of a disproportionally-large fungal population. Why do these yeast thrive on person A and not person B - differences in scalp ecology? Is dandruff cured in sufferers or is it managed? I’ve managed dandruff for decades. When I occasionally stop using anti-dandruff shampoo the flakes return.

If this observation is true, the key for each of us may be the discovery of how to best manage, or suppress, the consortium of offending organisms that find us hospitable. We all have to bathe each day, shampoo often, and we each have to search for the personalized form of oral maintenance that works for our unique situation if our oral health is otherwise good.

I too hope for a cure. My thoughts stated here may change as new information surfaces.