Page 1 of 1

peroxide??

Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:57 am
by pastorius
In the lasts weeks i've been using peroxide with water and salt, and I feel my breath is better, but somebody can tell me if the peroxide is good or bad for the bb and my health?

Re: peroxide??

Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:12 am
by oceanside
pastorius wrote:In the lasts weeks i've been using peroxide with water and salt, and I feel my breath is better, but somebody can tell me if the peroxide is good or bad for the bb and my health?
Salt completely dry out your saliva, not good for flora, a paradise for anaeorobic bacteria to thrive due to dried, oxygen depleted tongue and gum. Peroxide kills bacteria, both good and bad. Since I don't believe we have many good bacteria in our mouths, the bad bacteria just mutate and build stronger resistance. Also, long-term peroxide usage weaken sensitivity of your nerves. A study by the ADA supports this, that's why teeth bleaching/whitening formula only use peroxide less than 8% active ingrediant.

You may use peroxide 50/50 with H2o when you have a special date. I know it's only a band-aid but we don't have much options.

john

Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:53 am
by succ
Hydrogen Peroxide can also cause "hairy tongue" even in low concentrations ( <5%). I've been using it for about three weeks now but I don't see any difference in my tongue. I'm using the 3%. I wouldn't mind even if it caused cancer because at least this helps a little.

Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:26 pm
by waitingforrelief
i've once tried using peroxide. it helped maybe for 2 days, and then my breath got soooo much worse. i'll never touch that stuff again.