Please help me.
Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:25 am
Hi everyone, I joined this site as a last effort ditch. I had a nervous breakdown today and I've been crying the whole day, I feel like I need to talk to someone about this or else I will lose my mind and maybe someone with similar story as me can offer some insight.
I'm 21yo female. 3 and half years ago I developed BB out of the blue, I was sitting in the subway and I literally smelled shit, I thought it was something else so I paid no attention until I noticed it's coming from me. This smell was coming from my nose even if I kept my mouth shut, so initially I thought it was nose related, I've done every test possible to check for any nose related problems, went to every specialist/private doctors, there's nothing wrong with my nasal passages. I don't have Post Nasal Drip, no polyps, no crust, nothing.
As far as my teeth, I don't know if this might be related but my BB started half a year after I had taken my braces off(didn't have any BB during the time I had braces) after I took the braces off I got a wire for the back of my front teeth which I still have 3 yrs later. I also have currently a filling on one tooth other than that I don't have any cavities, crowns or anything wrong with my teeth.
Which brings me to the subject of wisdom teeth, I read Cured's story about wisdom teeth causing my BB and our stories were SO SIMILAR, specially that cheesy/fart smelling odor which could be detected from very far away. Also I noticed my BB started around the age when my wisdom teeth started to erupt and I found that too coincidental. So I looked at my teeth and there's gum flap over my teeth so I pushed it aside with QTIP and started brusing that area with an electric toothbrush, what happened next shocked me, my gums started to bleed sooooooooo bad, same thing with every wisdom tooth, I continued the brushing and used corsodyl and slowly it started to heal.It seems the area is tender and sore all the time so I booked an appointment with my dentist.
I was so sure this was my problem since everything seems to fit, the dentist said my wisdom teeth have erupted, they are not impacted and she sees nothing wrong. So my question is, is it possible for wisdom teeth to cause BB if they're not impacted and aren't half erupted? It just seems like this problem has to originate from the mouth, and I see nothing else wrong with my mouth.
Wow, this became very long but I really hope you guys read it and help me, this is really bringing me down. I've endured this for 3 yrs and I've been so strong and didn't let it affect me too much but after the dentist visit, I just had a full breakdown, I couldn't even hold back the tears until I got home and was bawling my eyes out in the street. I'm at this point ready to just give up on life, I got into REALLY good university which I was so excited to start and hardly even been there because I've developed social anxiety and can't pay attention in lectures, I even avoid all my friends who want to meet making excuses up, that I'm sick or busy with work. I just needed to vent all of this, since I don't talk to this with anyone! Please reply with any suggestions.
I'm 21yo female. 3 and half years ago I developed BB out of the blue, I was sitting in the subway and I literally smelled shit, I thought it was something else so I paid no attention until I noticed it's coming from me. This smell was coming from my nose even if I kept my mouth shut, so initially I thought it was nose related, I've done every test possible to check for any nose related problems, went to every specialist/private doctors, there's nothing wrong with my nasal passages. I don't have Post Nasal Drip, no polyps, no crust, nothing.
As far as my teeth, I don't know if this might be related but my BB started half a year after I had taken my braces off(didn't have any BB during the time I had braces) after I took the braces off I got a wire for the back of my front teeth which I still have 3 yrs later. I also have currently a filling on one tooth other than that I don't have any cavities, crowns or anything wrong with my teeth.
Which brings me to the subject of wisdom teeth, I read Cured's story about wisdom teeth causing my BB and our stories were SO SIMILAR, specially that cheesy/fart smelling odor which could be detected from very far away. Also I noticed my BB started around the age when my wisdom teeth started to erupt and I found that too coincidental. So I looked at my teeth and there's gum flap over my teeth so I pushed it aside with QTIP and started brusing that area with an electric toothbrush, what happened next shocked me, my gums started to bleed sooooooooo bad, same thing with every wisdom tooth, I continued the brushing and used corsodyl and slowly it started to heal.It seems the area is tender and sore all the time so I booked an appointment with my dentist.
I was so sure this was my problem since everything seems to fit, the dentist said my wisdom teeth have erupted, they are not impacted and she sees nothing wrong. So my question is, is it possible for wisdom teeth to cause BB if they're not impacted and aren't half erupted? It just seems like this problem has to originate from the mouth, and I see nothing else wrong with my mouth.
Wow, this became very long but I really hope you guys read it and help me, this is really bringing me down. I've endured this for 3 yrs and I've been so strong and didn't let it affect me too much but after the dentist visit, I just had a full breakdown, I couldn't even hold back the tears until I got home and was bawling my eyes out in the street. I'm at this point ready to just give up on life, I got into REALLY good university which I was so excited to start and hardly even been there because I've developed social anxiety and can't pay attention in lectures, I even avoid all my friends who want to meet making excuses up, that I'm sick or busy with work. I just needed to vent all of this, since I don't talk to this with anyone! Please reply with any suggestions.