Your Email Address:

First Name:

constantly swallowing my saliva

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
firebreath
Junior

constantly swallowing my saliva

Post by firebreath »

like most people here , i too am a stinker , no cure yet for me but my question to other guys and gals here is do you constantly have to swallow saliva,i mean lets say you do not swallow for a say 30 seconds - will there be a large a amount a saliva in your mouth?
i'm just wondering if this is something in common we share,since everyone else (normal) people don't swallow for ages...

terminalBB

Post by terminalBB »

yess! i have the same problem, i found drinking honey water helped alot. When i spit it out its all this gooy gunk
dick.karma
Advanced

Post by dick.karma »

yeah i constantly swallow my saliva. now that you made me aware I'm thinking maybe 2-4 times a minute
firebreath
Junior

Post by firebreath »

the thing i cannot understand is that a dry mouth usually equates to some kind of bad breath , but , my mouth is hardly ever dry , in fact my 'system' produces too much saliva.Its kind of like having something in your mouth and your mouth is trying to melt it as in eating or chewing normal food, interesting.
I wonder if this kind of problem has a anything to do with teeth or gum problems?
thomasthomas
Junior

Post by thomasthomas »

firebreath: You mean saliva, or mucus?
I have a lot of mucus AND saliva too. But it is intermittent. I cannot explain the correlation between dry mouth and some random food or environmental stuff. I was wondering if overproducing saliva is an immune reaction.
firebreath
Junior

Post by firebreath »

@ thomasthomas , no I simply mean saliva , no mucus or anything ...As far as i know my gut is ok, and no tonsil problems either so i am trying to pin the problem down to the mouth region as the source...?
thomasthomas
Junior

Post by thomasthomas »

Ok, and do you include food as the possible origin of the problem?
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

thomasthomas wrote: I was wondering if overproducing saliva is an immune reaction.

Volume of saliva is normally 1 or 1.5 l/d.

Autonom nervous system has 2 opposite parts that control secretion. Parasympatic part enhances volume of all secretions, while sympatic part decreases.

Saliva production can be triggered by autonomic stimuli that may be originated from any point of digestive tract from mouth until colon.
For example, saliva enhances if gut is filled with foods. Bad prosthesis enhances saliva because of chronically irritates oral mucosa. Intestinal parasites also enhance saliva.
Hope helps
- Murat
firebreath
Junior

Post by firebreath »

@ thomasthomas , well put it this way , if i do not eat any food whatsover then it will be worse,But, you can never truly tell if eating certain foods make it worse since the real smell is hidden from our noses...
thomasthomas
Junior

Post by thomasthomas »

Well, I don't have that problem, I can smell my bb, maybe not totally.
chubbygirl
Junior

Post by chubbygirl »

i don't understand. everyone says dry mouth causes bb

so why does a saliva filled mouth also cause bb?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

You must have some other underlying cause that's why
deebo

saliva or Mucus

Post by deebo »

chubbygirl wrote:i don't understand. everyone says dry mouth causes bb

so why does a saliva filled mouth also cause bb?
i think maybe its hard to know the difference between mucus and what is saliva. they mix ,but they arent the same . A sputum culture test can tell what is in it. its doubtful that saliva alone is actually Causing BB. Its akin to saying 'water is making my sinks garbage disposal smell bad'
deebo

mouth and throat

Post by deebo »

firebreath wrote:@ thomasthomas , no I simply mean saliva , no mucus or anything ...As far as i know my gut is ok, and no tonsil problems either so i am trying to pin the problem down to the mouth region as the source...?
How does your nasal passage and throat feel? are they wet too?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic