Page 1 of 1

men more prone to bad breath than women?

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:41 am
by danger
has there been any study that shows men are more prone to bad breath than women? i dont think i have come across a woman who has had really really bad breath before, but i have come across some males who, even if it was not chronic, had the tendency to have pretty horrific breath sometimes

i know women are probably more likely to take care of themselves more and visit the dentist but, as has been proved with this site, that is not the be all and end all of having bad breath

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:44 pm
by Phantasist
I have never heard of such a study, but I would think the answer to your question is that bad breath does not discriminate by sex.

I have known women with bad breath and there are several women in this forum who have this condition.

Of course, women are generally pretty good at covering up bad odors.

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:35 pm
by firebreath
One of the 2 worst ,most terrifying horrid BB moments in my life was from a man at an amusement arcade - his breath was so bad I could not tell it was coming from him (i thought it was something on someones shoes) until i saw him again in the same arcade elsewhere - this time standing next to him.
The other was a girl at college , my goodness me , this was truly horrific , I could smell her at full strength from 6 feet away.

There is no discrimination in BB when it comes to gender,age,color,creed or whatever.