Page 1 of 1

Ok I tried Fluconazole

Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:27 pm
by Jimi Stein
I am taking one tablet each day 250mg

It is antifungal, it helps like 30%

but if I stop bb comes back strong.

I think this is a waste of time people, works same as antibiotics, candida is suck a vast spreaded disease that it is almost impossible to get rid of.

I skipped the dose today and I feel how all the gunk is coming back to my throat and sinuses are filling up again with putrid taste.

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:05 pm
by Susie
Ok, I talked to my GI doc. and told him what everyone was saying about metronidazole and Fluconazole and he said yes that might be able to help some with bb, but like we all have said he also said it could also be a million different things causing it.

So he gave me metronidazole 250mg 3 times a day for 5 days and fluconazole 200mg for 1 day and 100mg for 6 days. I told him people were taking it for 15 days and he said he didn't feel comfortable doing that...so I took what I could get from him but do you think that is a waste of time??? Where is Keeptrying???? Opinion please! I haven't started it yet.

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:27 am
by bbuk
I did fluconazole 150mg per day for 14 days 3 months ago and it did not do anything for me.

A week ago I took 400mg 3 times a day of Metronidazole for 7 days with 150mg of fluconazole per day for 15 days. I am still in the middle of the fluconazole course.

Results are hard to determine at present. On one hand I believe my bb has reduced but on the other I still feel like I have chronic bb after eating food which was always the case before. As I havent been able to smell my own bb (not even morning breath) for about 1 year now its hard for me to judge its true effect. Want to finish the fluconzole course before testing my breath on people.

In short I think the metronidazole has more effect than the fluconazole unless of course you have fungal infection in the throat something which most of us with bb dont have.

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:04 pm
by NeverLoseSight09
Susie wrote:Where is Keeptrying???? Opinion please! I haven't started it yet.
Sorry Susie, Jimi banned me several weeks ago which is why I haven't been around. To be honest I had no intention of signing back up for an account, and this will be my first and last post on here under this screen name. Of course I've enjoyed chatting with all the members here but I just can't support the forum of someone....oh whatever, everyone knows my opinion of Jimi already. If you want to chat with me it's best to e-mail me directly. As of now you can still view my old profile on here (KeepTrying09) and e-mail me from there (unless Jimi deletes that too, which wouldn't surprise me).

Anyway, good luck to you with your treatment. If your doctor prescribed it then I would say go ahead and try it. Wouldn't hurt anything anyway. It's at least good to know that he confirmed that it is a possible treatment that could work for some people (which is what I've said all along). Jimi seems to think I believe it will work for everyone (which I don't) because as both your doctor and I have said over and over again, BB can be caused by numerous things. It's just a process of elimination trying to figure out what your specific cause is.

Good luck again! Hope it helps you!

nice one

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:02 am
by fresh
How can you send/receive emails, when you’re in a prison for paedophiles? In Thailand? and will we still be able to buy bad breath products from you? Do we send orders via Bangkok Hilton?

Re: nice one

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:22 am
by NeverLoseSight09
fresh wrote:How can you send/receive emails, when you’re in a prison for paedophiles? In Thailand? and will we still be able to buy bad breath products from you? Do we send orders via Bangkok Hilton?
Nice try Jimi. Merry Christmas to you too.

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:48 pm
by Susie
lol Oh, you 2 are like siblings!

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:49 pm
by Susie
thanks Keeptrying. I'm going to take them after the holidays are over with. I don't want to stir up things and possibly make them worse during the holidays.