THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
iodine deficiency
iodine deficiency
I read on a post that iodine kills yeast and more bacteria than chlorine. You could be iodine deficient if you dont eat fish
I dont eat fish. Never ever ever. I have only tasted fish maybe twice in my whole llife. Iv never wanted to because of the smell.
I dont eat fish. Never ever ever. I have only tasted fish maybe twice in my whole llife. Iv never wanted to because of the smell.
-
brightonguy
- Advanced
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:49 am
- Location: United Kingdom
People who don't like fish or seafood can also get iodine from seaweed. The Japanese put it in a lot of their dishes, like sushi and miso soup. It's also good to use sea salt for cooking instead of regular salt.
I've recently started adding 5 drops of Lugol's iodine to my water pik solution before irrigating the gums. The theory is this will help reverse the gum disease which may be contributing to my bb.
What surprised me is that a long-standing problem with dry patches of skin on my hands cleared up after I started using the iodine for a few days. I did some research and found that dry patches of skin can be a symptom of an under-active thyroid. The small amount of iodine I'm absorbing may be raising the thyroid activity. Even if this doesn't cure the bb, I'm going to keep using iodine for that reason alone.
The bb got worse the same year (2006) that the dry skin started so they may be related. Lack of iodine is also linked to low stomach acidity, which some people here have found to be linked to bb.
I've recently started adding 5 drops of Lugol's iodine to my water pik solution before irrigating the gums. The theory is this will help reverse the gum disease which may be contributing to my bb.
What surprised me is that a long-standing problem with dry patches of skin on my hands cleared up after I started using the iodine for a few days. I did some research and found that dry patches of skin can be a symptom of an under-active thyroid. The small amount of iodine I'm absorbing may be raising the thyroid activity. Even if this doesn't cure the bb, I'm going to keep using iodine for that reason alone.
The bb got worse the same year (2006) that the dry skin started so they may be related. Lack of iodine is also linked to low stomach acidity, which some people here have found to be linked to bb.
People who don't like fish or seafood can also get iodine from seaweed. The Japanese put it in a lot of their dishes, like sushi and miso soup. It's also good to use sea salt for cooking instead of regular salt.
I've recently started adding 5 drops of Lugol's iodine to my water pik solution before irrigating the gums. The theory is this will help reverse the gum disease which may be contributing to my bb.
What surprised me is that a long-standing problem with dry patches of skin on my hands cleared up after I started using the iodine for a few days. I did some research and found that dry patches of skin can be a symptom of an under-active thyroid. The small amount of iodine I'm absorbing may be raising the thyroid activity. Even if this doesn't cure the bb, I'm going to keep using iodine for that reason alone.
The bb got worse the same year (2006) that the dry skin started so they may be related. Lack of iodine is also linked to low stomach acidity, which some people here have found to be linked to bb.
hope4now , do you think dry skin is related to bad breath ?
because my skin is very dry, i have to put nivea cream every time i wash my hands . it definitly gets worse on the winter .
i remember my family use to make fun of me calling me a sisi any time i would put lotion.
thanks for the post
I've recently started adding 5 drops of Lugol's iodine to my water pik solution before irrigating the gums. The theory is this will help reverse the gum disease which may be contributing to my bb.
What surprised me is that a long-standing problem with dry patches of skin on my hands cleared up after I started using the iodine for a few days. I did some research and found that dry patches of skin can be a symptom of an under-active thyroid. The small amount of iodine I'm absorbing may be raising the thyroid activity. Even if this doesn't cure the bb, I'm going to keep using iodine for that reason alone.
The bb got worse the same year (2006) that the dry skin started so they may be related. Lack of iodine is also linked to low stomach acidity, which some people here have found to be linked to bb.
hope4now , do you think dry skin is related to bad breath ?
because my skin is very dry, i have to put nivea cream every time i wash my hands . it definitly gets worse on the winter .
i remember my family use to make fun of me calling me a sisi any time i would put lotion.
thanks for the post
I was getting more than just normal wintertime dry skin. That usually responds well to running a humidifier. What I had is patches of dry hardened skin on some of my fingers that would last all year long. It would sometimes heal in one place but reappear somewhere else. The skin would usually crack and bleed easily since it wasn't flexible like normal skin. The iodine is the first thing that has started to clear up this condition. I even went to a dermatologist about it.guzler wrote:hope4now , do you think dry skin is related to bad breath ?
because my skin is very dry, i have to put nivea cream every time i wash my hands . it definitly gets worse on the winter .
i remember my family use to make fun of me calling me a sisi any time i would put lotion.
thanks for the post
I'm hoping the iodine will also help the bb problem, since it's anti-bacterial and anti-fungal (it helps eliminate candida). I think iodine deficiency could be a common denominator in a lot of ailments that seem at first to be unrelated.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.