Good oral hygiene - BB still persists! Seen the doc/dentist
Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:44 am
New user here. I discovered my BB properly a couple of years ago. I think it's been around for a little while, slowly getting worse and worse. I have received the odd comment from a work mate as a joke/piss take. But only now I get what they used to mean! But being very concious of it has messed up my social life, and i cant speak to people right to the face.
All my co-habitants tell me I have bb. I've employed my brother as my breath tester, because he always says i have bb. It's not nice being a breath tester so I've offered to buy him a fast food burger meal (ironically) every fortnight to take up this job.
I have the best oral hygiene in the family! Brushing twice daily, using a tongue scraper, and mouthwash. but literally 30-40mins after doing all three, the dryness in my mouth has already kicked in and I can feel the bad breath already developing. wrist-licking confirms this. My tongue used to be quite cheesy but ive removed a fair bit with the tongue scraper, althought difficult to get completely pink towards the back.
My GP simply told me there's no cure for bb. he said have a tablespoon of natural yoghurt daily. Then I had a chat with my dentist (kindly asking in front of the assistant that i wanted to speak to the dentist privately, so she left the room). Dentist had a good look in my mouth. no gum disease, no cavities, no infections. he said my gums and teeth are in very good condition and he even said i don't need to return again for a year for my regular clean up.
I think it's cos of my dry mouth that I get bb. But I'm not sure if it's dry mouth or just the usual bacteria trapped under the cheesy stuff to producing sulphur compounds. Or is it the same thing? My breath is worst after I've played a sport, and my mouth is all dry and then bb becomes VERY bad, and can be smelt from far away, even just from slightly heavy breathing.
It's annoying when you think that some people only brush their teeth once a day or even 2 days, eat anything they want, drink all the soda, have cakes/sweets, and still have no bb.
I find it surprising that no simply cure has been found for this. At the of the day, it's all chemistry (unless it's part of your internal anatomy that doesn't function properly), and surely this is curable through use of chemicals?
Is dry mouth something else? I'm thinking I should go see an ENT doctor, but I can only get an appointment through my GP I'm guessing?
The only solution it seems is staying on top of it every hour. eat natural yoghurt, carry mouthwash and chewing gum with you, drink loads of water, avoid protein foods, and keep breathing through the mouth to keep it oxygenated...in reality you can't do this...
All my co-habitants tell me I have bb. I've employed my brother as my breath tester, because he always says i have bb. It's not nice being a breath tester so I've offered to buy him a fast food burger meal (ironically) every fortnight to take up this job.
I have the best oral hygiene in the family! Brushing twice daily, using a tongue scraper, and mouthwash. but literally 30-40mins after doing all three, the dryness in my mouth has already kicked in and I can feel the bad breath already developing. wrist-licking confirms this. My tongue used to be quite cheesy but ive removed a fair bit with the tongue scraper, althought difficult to get completely pink towards the back.
My GP simply told me there's no cure for bb. he said have a tablespoon of natural yoghurt daily. Then I had a chat with my dentist (kindly asking in front of the assistant that i wanted to speak to the dentist privately, so she left the room). Dentist had a good look in my mouth. no gum disease, no cavities, no infections. he said my gums and teeth are in very good condition and he even said i don't need to return again for a year for my regular clean up.
I think it's cos of my dry mouth that I get bb. But I'm not sure if it's dry mouth or just the usual bacteria trapped under the cheesy stuff to producing sulphur compounds. Or is it the same thing? My breath is worst after I've played a sport, and my mouth is all dry and then bb becomes VERY bad, and can be smelt from far away, even just from slightly heavy breathing.
It's annoying when you think that some people only brush their teeth once a day or even 2 days, eat anything they want, drink all the soda, have cakes/sweets, and still have no bb.
I find it surprising that no simply cure has been found for this. At the of the day, it's all chemistry (unless it's part of your internal anatomy that doesn't function properly), and surely this is curable through use of chemicals?
Is dry mouth something else? I'm thinking I should go see an ENT doctor, but I can only get an appointment through my GP I'm guessing?
The only solution it seems is staying on top of it every hour. eat natural yoghurt, carry mouthwash and chewing gum with you, drink loads of water, avoid protein foods, and keep breathing through the mouth to keep it oxygenated...in reality you can't do this...