Page 1 of 1

Anyone tried Zinc Chloride?

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:15 am
by Ash
I read in a clinical study that when used as a mouthwash as a 0.5% solution it reduces VSC's by 85-98% for around 3 hours after use. I have bought some Zinc Chloride and plan to try it to see if it has any positive effect, has anyone had any positive experiences with this anti bacterial chemical?

Image

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:40 pm
by thanatos
A lot of bad breath products contain Zinc Chloride. You might have already used them without knowing they contained Zinc.

However, form what I recall, the most effective form of Zinc on halitosis is Zinc Lactate. I was able to find this form of Zinc in the mouthwash "Crest Pro-Health Night" that I get at Walmart. I use it several times a week with seemingly decent results.

Therabreath contains Zinc Chloride, which if I remember is one of the least effective forms of Zinc.

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:50 am
by Ash
I find that shortly after using the .5% solution there is a significant improvement, but not a complete response. I shall try combining it with 0.1% sodium hypochlorite to see if there is a greater improvement.

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:36 am
by Ash
Increasing the Zinc Chloride concentration to 1% results in a complete response. Looks like I am definitely on the right track with this treatment. Just need to combine with other antiseptics to increase the duration of the effect.
thanatos wrote:A lot of bad breath products contain Zinc Chloride. You might have already used them without knowing they contained Zinc.
Yeah but they use a very low concentration in comparison to what I'm using.