there is a programme on here in the uk called embarrassing bodies or embarrassing illnesses, cant remember now. i dont know if anybody else watches this
on friday there was this woman who kept on getting food stuck in her tonsils and it showed her picking bits out. i am sure she was picking out what we know as tonsil stones but i dont think they ever mentioned they were called that. anyway, she eventually got her tonsils out and she stopped geting them
i have never gotten tonsil stones and the question i would like to know is this: this young woman had loads of different little holes in her tonsils where food was getting trapped in each different one. is this normal for you to have numerous little holes where food gets trapped? i always assumed that it was just from 1 hole on each tonsil where you had to pick your tonsil stones out
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
another question about tonsil stones
To paraphrase Bob Dylan, everybody must get stones.
But seriously, I don't think tonsil stones are from bits of food getting stuck in the crypts. The tonsils are part of the lymph system. I think they are the garbage dump for the lymph system. The lymph system will continue to dump there even if the tonsils are removed. That may explain why some people continue to get stones even after their tonsils are removed. I also think some people like me have been infected with a strain of opportunistic bacteria that live in the tonsils and feed on the waste material there. That would explain why some people get bb from the stones and some do not. Just a theory.
Here's an interesting article that explains how the lymph system works with the tonsils. They make some unusual claims, such as people with tonsil stones should consume more sulphur.
(Warning: it's also a front for an e-book ad. Just ignore the links.)
http://www.squidoo.com/cause-for-tonsil-stones
But seriously, I don't think tonsil stones are from bits of food getting stuck in the crypts. The tonsils are part of the lymph system. I think they are the garbage dump for the lymph system. The lymph system will continue to dump there even if the tonsils are removed. That may explain why some people continue to get stones even after their tonsils are removed. I also think some people like me have been infected with a strain of opportunistic bacteria that live in the tonsils and feed on the waste material there. That would explain why some people get bb from the stones and some do not. Just a theory.
Here's an interesting article that explains how the lymph system works with the tonsils. They make some unusual claims, such as people with tonsil stones should consume more sulphur.
(Warning: it's also a front for an e-book ad. Just ignore the links.)
http://www.squidoo.com/cause-for-tonsil-stones
interesting article but it doesnt really answer my question. do people with stones have to pick them out of different holes in their tonsils?hope4now wrote:To paraphrase Bob Dylan, everybody must get stones.
But seriously, I don't think tonsil stones are from bits of food getting stuck in the crypts. The tonsils are part of the lymph system. I think they are the garbage dump for the lymph system. The lymph system will continue to dump there even if the tonsils are removed. That may explain why some people continue to get stones even after their tonsils are removed. I also think some people like me have been infected with a strain of opportunistic bacteria that live in the tonsils and feed on the waste material there. That would explain why some people get bb from the stones and some do not. Just a theory.
Here's an interesting article that explains how the lymph system works with the tonsils. They make some unusual claims, such as people with tonsil stones should consume more sulphur.
(Warning: it's also a front for an e-book ad. Just ignore the links.)
http://www.squidoo.com/cause-for-tonsil-stones
-
multiple causes
- Newbie
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:43 pm
i don't know if this answers your question or not but here goes. I could see in the back of my throat, little white balls of something when looking in the mirror. The first time I knew about them, I had coughed really hard and one came out onto my hand and I smelled it and oh man, putred. I started trying to pick them out with a q tip and other objects. I could see they were collected in several different pockets in what I later learned were my tonsils. I couls see big ones and little ones. They were either brown or white but they all smelled the same. I went to the ent. and told him my tonsils were trapping these smelly little balls of whatever and he said he never heard of it. Can you believe that? He never heard of it! He removed the tonsils though and with it went the stones.
The cause of tonsil stones is often PND. Check the internet, the connection is easy to find. And it's quite obvious: the PND poures down your throat and passes the tonsils, where it gets caught in the pockets. And note: That's what tonsils are about, filtering the shit that's caught in the mucus. The mucus incases the pollution and germs from the air you breathe.
If you still had your tonsils you would have seen an entry, a slit in each tonsils. Tonsils are nothing more than glands, but I think they are important.
If you still had your tonsils you would have seen an entry, a slit in each tonsils. Tonsils are nothing more than glands, but I think they are important.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.