Page 1 of 1

Mints cause acidity

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:04 am
by willfindacure
Just to warn all those who rely on mints or chew mint gums. Try to avoid it as much as possible cause it causes acidity. I used to chew mint gums everyday and I noticed frequently having heart burn. I went to the doctor and found out that my tonsils are swollen due to acid, so the doctor assumed that i might have silent reflux and gave me meds which didnt help cure my bb nor the reflux. I stopped chewing mints (for almost 9 months now) and noticed that I dont feel any heart burn anymore, so I think mints are the real culprit in acid forming.

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:43 pm
by thanatos
Chewing anything stimulates digestion in the stomach by signaling it to produce more hydrochloric acid. And we probably chew more times on one piece of gum then we do for 3 meals in one day.