THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Bad Breath Blues..

Tell us your story with bad breath
Dylan86
Total Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:29 pm

Bad Breath Blues..

Post by Dylan86 »

Hi, my name's Dylan. I have been suffering from halitosis / halitophobia since I was 13 or 14. A few harsh experiences made me self conscious about my breath. I have had a yellow coating on my tongue more or less permanently for as long as I can remember as a result of a dustmite allergy.

At present, I have just started a new job as a customer contact agent which means I will be talking on the phone a lot. We've just had four weeks on the job training and tomorrow will be the first day on the phone. I'm dead scared because tomorrow I will be joining one of my colleagues at his work space and I will have to talk at close range. This worries me immensely because I am scared he / she will smell my bad breath and my colleagues will make fun of me. I quit my last job because I was so worried people would find me out.

I'm looking for a way to share this irrational fear and either confirm or disconfirm my beliefs about it. I have been so anxious of getting caught out that I avoid every situation where someone might be able to smell my breath. Real intimacy has been out of the question for quite some time. It's mind-boggling how much time I have spent thinking about bad breath, and what impact it has had on my life. My avoidance behaviour knows no boundaries. I'm at the stage now where I feel I just cannot go on this way. I have no idea whether I suffer from halitosis, but I cannot keep living my life stumbling around in the dark, drawing the worst conclusions.

I want to share my fear with a colleague at work and possibly and hopefully relieve my anxious mind so I am not constantly worrying. I'm unsure what it a good approach though and how the person will react. Any suggestions?
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗