My dental cleaning
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:08 pm
I went for a dental cleaning today. When I arrived, I joked with the dental hygenist that its been two years sinc emy last cleaning. She said, "try 4 years." I was shocked. This long time since my last last cleaning wasnt good since i was goign to approach my dentist today and ask him about bad breath. How can he not think that I am a guy who neglects his oral hygene considering how long its been since my last visit.
As the woman started my cleaning, I was constantly thinking, "can she smell my BB"? Hoping the mask was eenoug buffer between her nose and my breath i was put at ease. However, my mind began to wonder again. Fear. So i decided the only thing I can do is to exhale ans she exhales and inhale as she inhales. A new breat cure for us? Maybe not, its a hard thing to do and I almost passed out while trying this.
The good news is I had no cavities and my gums were perfect, no bleeding. She left the room and said she would send in my dentist. She looked at my teeth and said everythign was perfect. This is when I began my well thought out and rehearsed speech. "Dr....i have post nasal drip and dry mouth. Both of these add up too.....you know." He made a face that made me think he understood what the issue was at hand. I then said, "ive heard peridex may help with this." He said.."well maybe, you can try it." The dental hydenist then recommended oasis dry mouth wash and biotene products after she gave me the sameples. She then asked, "Are you worried only about the dry mouth or are you having a bad taste?" I thoiught it was cool of her to say bad taste than "a problem with your hirrbile breath". She then recommended an over the counter product called Breath RX. i said "oh.ill have to try that". What i should have said was..."oh ive tried that. it sucks."
So the dentist gave me peridex. Lets see what it can do. I think of this more as a practice in discussing my problem with the people in my life.
As the woman started my cleaning, I was constantly thinking, "can she smell my BB"? Hoping the mask was eenoug buffer between her nose and my breath i was put at ease. However, my mind began to wonder again. Fear. So i decided the only thing I can do is to exhale ans she exhales and inhale as she inhales. A new breat cure for us? Maybe not, its a hard thing to do and I almost passed out while trying this.
The good news is I had no cavities and my gums were perfect, no bleeding. She left the room and said she would send in my dentist. She looked at my teeth and said everythign was perfect. This is when I began my well thought out and rehearsed speech. "Dr....i have post nasal drip and dry mouth. Both of these add up too.....you know." He made a face that made me think he understood what the issue was at hand. I then said, "ive heard peridex may help with this." He said.."well maybe, you can try it." The dental hydenist then recommended oasis dry mouth wash and biotene products after she gave me the sameples. She then asked, "Are you worried only about the dry mouth or are you having a bad taste?" I thoiught it was cool of her to say bad taste than "a problem with your hirrbile breath". She then recommended an over the counter product called Breath RX. i said "oh.ill have to try that". What i should have said was..."oh ive tried that. it sucks."
So the dentist gave me peridex. Lets see what it can do. I think of this more as a practice in discussing my problem with the people in my life.