like others, I had been suffering with a condition…bad breath, actually the description I am going to use is fecal breath and fecal smelling tongue – if you have a fecal smelling tongue then this will be of great interest to you
It has taken me a very long time to research, a very long time indeed, this is why it is such a seriously long post to read because it took up such a large amount of my life.
I believe I have found a cure…at least, it seems to work for me at present anyway, this is like a dream come true, I can finally join in rather then forced to live life as a spectator, and I do have so much to say…
There are a lot of really helpful and nice people about who give without asking for anything in return, nice natured people who want to help simply because they can.
The internet can be a really great place especially not having to face anyone eh.
Makes me realize I was not alone with this awful condition, as well as other websites I also silently spent time here, and am grateful to the many people here who shared to help – thank you..
I am going to try and give as much information as is possible, it may help you, it may not, everyone is different, people may have more then one source causing the overall issue so don’t lose faith.
I am not a doctor or dentist so i take no responsibility in any shape or form, if any one decides to try what I have, you are taking responsibility for your own actions if you do.
Where on earth do i start….really? ok, I am going to try to put this in the order in which I approached the situation, be aware it was a bit of a “methodical balls out” Aries starsign approach lol,
I Needed to locate the source or sources, things I was aware of:
Post nasal drip,
horrid fecal smelling tongue – which is really important as it is actually a symptom…
Bad Breath – the kind that prevents interaction.
Every now and again gums on both the left and right bottoms sides only inflamed + few gum ulcers - which is really important as it is actually a symptom…even pushing really hard on the inflamed gums produced no pus.
on 2 teeth that could be seen the very uppermost small part of a gum on one side of each tooth had come away very very slightly from each tooth - which is really important as it is actually a symptom…
I was bloated - really important as it is actually a symptom…
I was well overweight
I was stressed out.
Every now and again when I was smoking, I would get a tingling sensation within my gums mm - really important as it is actually a symptom…
Diet was awful,
bloating and uncomfortable feeling where my tranverse colon meets my desending colon – this is also actually a symptom.
I have no fillings and am 40.
This condition can drive a person to a very dark seated lonely place, those that have suffered this will know where I have been.
Here is my story…
Researched every possible angle I could think of ranging from, different ways to floss, studying bacteria, metabolic disorders like trimethylaminuria and gum diseases, this took a lot longer then a few months, there were countless through the night watching the sun rise times…armed with this knowledge, I put together a plan,
I stopped smoking – after 20 years (very short info = cut down the intake then stopped cold turkey – wow that was a rocking time) which is nearly 2 years ago.
This has over 4000 chemical elements which really are poisonous to the body…and the point of entry is via the mouth.
I stopped drinking beer and jack daniels as everytime I had a few too many I would smoke.
Tried the fresh lemonade diet for 4days with 3 sea saltwater flushes – to remove toxins, my urine became clear and then I stopped – sea salt flush is not something I am planning on doing again…
Took one of those small probiotic drinks begins with the letter “y” and ate a whole pot of yoghurt thru the day, every day – this is the one with bio active cultures Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium longum and Streptococcus thermophilus for approx 3 months
Began flossing – the first time (was 39) created absolute copious amounts of blood, done this everyday and noted the floss smelled horrid, sometimes in different places every few days which got less and less after quite a long period of time, since I had been flossing my bottom right hand side gum no longer becomes inflamed or has any ulcers at all.
Tried lots of mouthwashes, settled for one with the active ingredient chlorhexidine it begins with “c” its red and is the original flavour, don’t think in posts you are allowed to name brands.
Got quite a few tongue brush scrapers made by ora something or other if you catch my drift, used it morning and evening, rinsing after use leaving in hydrogen peroxide over night,
showered in morning,the steam warms the mouth making it easier to remove the smelly tongue coating,
I Use a electric rotary toothbrush, morning and before bed, I stopped using toothpaste with Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (sls) sometimes I use the toothpaste called senso something but mostly I am using fine sea salt, a little water and hydrogen peroxide 6%
I leave the toothbrush round tip (with the tongue scraper) in hydrogen peroxide 6% overnight
By the way, when I talk about hydrogen peroxide I am talking about the stuff you buy in the supermarkets for like 93p (I used 6% strength because that’s what they had) slightly more viscous than water, it appears colorless in dilute solution. It is used as a disinfectant, or an antiseptic – toxic if swallowed so read the label.
Trying to remove tongue coating using normal refined table salt and hydrogen peroxide 6% with warm water, on the tongue for 1min then scrape then do again – ok ish until the next morning when it returns
Trying to remove tongue coating using Sea salt and hydrogen peroxide 6% with warm water, on the tongue for 1min then scrape then do again – removes tongue coating well until the next morning when it returns
Trying to remove tongue coating and worked quite Sea salt and hydrogen peroxide 6% with warm water & bicarbonate of soda from the cooking aisle in the supermarket, on the tongue for 1min then scrape then do again – this seemed to work better well until the next morning when it returns.
Increased vitamin c those effervescent vitamin c 1000mg tablets (not with zinc type as too much zinc causes problems with copper) I saturated my body with it, taking 2 tablets first thing, then afternoon 1 or 2 then evening before bed I took 2 tablets – this equates to between 5000 and 6000 mg a day,
As I previously smoked and had an awful diet, its possible my body does not have any at all especially if its fighting anything like gum problems or stress or both.
i became a little looser but it was not clear (sorry to be so graphic) this gave me an indication of what amount I required so I just kept between the 5000 & 6000 amount, daily for me.
if I understand correctly this is a water soluble vitamin therefore I believe you cannot overdose as such, anything not used is removed via the bodys outputs
grapefruit seed extract – once a week I add a few drops into a vitc drink I am going to take, some people use this for tonsil stones and apparently its ment to work, I don’t believe I have that condition.
I don’t believe I suffer from reflux of stomach acids.
I pulled my diet apart:
changed to a plant based diet, moving to a vegetarian approach then practically a vegan approach – approx 5 to 6 months ago
no meat, no fish, no poultry,no dairy – so no milk, no cheese, no yoghurt,
no coffee
no tea
no fizzy drinks
no alcohol
no sugar in case of candida
still had fruit juices but the ones not from concentrate.
Started eating a quarter portion of Papaya a day, this has digestive enzymes that works by helping to “break down protein” in the digestive system, also papaya has a mound of vitamins an minerals, and beneficial for the digestive and intestinal tract.
try to eat more fresh cut it up yourself pineapple
try to eat more fresh cut it up yourself mango
Garlic a natural antibiotic – i spent a few days out doors and ate a bucket of garlic, don’t really have this in my diet as I smelled enough already
Eat onions every now and again
Do not eat cabbage.
Drank prune juice for a weekend to clear my digestive system - make sure you are doing absolutely nothing for the weekend as prune juice gets busy
Increased daily intake of water – drink water after a meal and thoroughly swish a few times with it
Started drinking green tea - swish with water afterwards or it can stain the sides of your teeth
I avoided eating too many nuts in case I had trimethylaminuria or a similar metabolic disorder where protein is an issue because the body can’t process it,
imagine what would happen if you get protein like nuts stuck below your gumline which your body cannot process, what do you think will happen if you do not remove it…its gonna rot….ever smelled rotting food mmm
2 colonic irrigations – the benefits outweigh everything (I sat outside for 10mins the first time managing to somehow compose myself about being violated, I am male)
This removes toxins, bacteria and bad smelling stuff
A 2 week course of (all in one tablets) black walnut hulls, wormwood and cloves – just in case I had parasites, I also now add a lot of scotch bonnet peppers, birds eye chilli peppers, hot chilli powder, pumpkin seeds to my diet, change the environment to an environment they do not like,
HOT TIP for you, if you forget you have cut up birds eye chilli peppers and whilst watching tv rub both eyes with both hands, milk an the powdered type I use for guests neutralizes the compound, I can laugh about that now as it was a very bad day lol
Post nasal drip was being experienced possibly because the body was trying to remove toxins or just because it was, I have increased the height of my bed pillow end by eight inches, don’t sound a lot but it is a heck of a lot and looks really funny lol.
Sinuses – needed to flush my sinuses which I had done every now and again over the years, some people prefer the neti pot, i opted for the neil med sinus rinse,
I used daily using their saline solution, after approx 1 week I tried my own solution,
warm water, sea salt & really tiny amount of hydrogen peroxide 6% one time I got a bit generous with the amount of hydrogen peroxide used and orange fluid dribbled from my nose which at the time was secondary compared to the pain evolving, dam that was bad! I thought orange fluid ment infection – so either I had moved what was present or it was my body giving me a warning, either way never happened again, just use plain sea salt now lol.
oil pulling – was doing this every morning for a hour (on my drive to work) – Oil pulling (old Ayurveda process) can take a significant amount of time in giving you the desired results, basically on an empty stomach you take one tablespoon of oil in the mouth but do not swallow it. Move Oil Slowly in the mouth as rinsing or swishing, sip, suck and pull through the teeth' for fifteen to twenty minutes.
This process makes oil thoroughly mixed with saliva. Swishing activates the enzymes and the enzymes draw toxins out of the blood, i believe it may also attract or pull bacteria/food out from the gums, the oil must not be swallowed, so spit it out!
everyone uses a different oil, i flick between the 3 oils, coconut oil, sesame oil, sunflower oil, and i use only unrefined organic versions – this I done for about 3 months.
Visited the doctor who said no issue, visited another whilst he was away, he also said no problem, both said the coating and odur was normal.
Visited my dentist who never struck me as being as good as he could, his old school bite down on the pads per quadrant x-ray showed no bone issues yet he stood so far away I could not really see the x-ray properly – idiot, being a dentist you would have thought he would had taken a close look at my gums – I have heard he is selling his practise maybe he is going to try another profession lol.
so I visited another and got a full round the head x-ray, which is really cool,
by the way, the toughened plastic is for resting your chin on and not biting onto as I thought lol,
This x-ray showed “everything” well impressive, it showed an impacted wisdom tooth that previously I was unaware of, no bone structure problems either, this 2nd dentist said my gums were in very good shape…he also tapped a few teeth something that was new, a good diagnostic skill, he also had a great sense of humour which really helped, so…
I started getting fit something I had not done for 13 years – this involves (and still does) cardiovascular - treadmill, wearing shorts, t-shirt and jumper (yep you read right) I started by walking 20mins a day, increasing it slowly til now which is at present is approx 60mins = 10mins slow,20mins medium, then 10mins fast ish paced walking, remove jumper (without falling over) 10mins faster with stretching,10mins or near as full speed, the idea is to sweat out toxins (I sipped water sometimes it had a little vit c in it) – then slow speed for 2mins to warm down – then jump in shower wash away sweat and toxins from everywhere do not wait for a bath, get the stuff off you immediately.
Separate days a bit of weight training and ab crunches nothing major just to tone.
One thing I had noticed here and there and way before I started training was my heart beats changing, like they now and again got slightly louder or sometimes could be felt, basically something had changed, I thought it could have been stress,
I noticed after a month or so I would burp maybe 5 times one after the other in a jogging session,
Started taking Bio something or other probiotic tablets– I think it has 10 billion and 14 strains or something similar, take 2 in the morning and 2 in the eve, so 4 tablets a day down to 2 a day later on – I believe this to help a lot.
Am taking only 4 a day multivitamins formulated for vegetarian and vegans, it says you can take up to 6 a day
Am taking only 1 amino acids (body builders tablets) per day it says you can take a whopping amount, the label says it has 19 amino acids.
Obviously there are lots of important vitamins and minerals that are required but I have made really sure my multivitamins have more of the following A,C,E,selenium,zinc,calcium, b vitamins especially folic acid, vitamin d,
I then re-visited flossing again on saturday as i had finished researching gum diseases & symptoms, wanting to try something, this is where…something changed…
Returning, but armed with an addition – this time I tied a knot in the floss ,started with one or two (not separate but together) this increased the size of the single knot, I ended up approx 4 to 5 knots all into 1 single knot so the size had increased,
Key here was to find a state of zen because what I was about to do was going to test my pain threshold,
I used the normal single unknotted thread to go between in and out, up and down, then moved it down and pulling the knot thru very gently and with increasing force between the very bottom of the teeth, sometimes I had to rock it back and forth (the knot tightens and shrinks in size with gentle force) and sometimes I had to have a smaller knot,
The aim here was to scrape the knot against the inside of the gum and well under the gum line, and around the outside of each side of each tooth, each time I did a tooth I smelled the floss and then cleaned it…below “each” tooths gumline was that awful smell, that was the same frecking smell that was on my frecking tongue!!
I believe that is pus,bacteria, blood and food mixed into it, the name for that I believe is something called pyorrhea – only rarely now and again I noticed my teeth become sensitive to cold, and 2 gums were a little bit erm tender to pressure, as this went away no thought was given to it, there was always a bad taste in my mouth along with bad breath; which is popular as halitosis.
When infected pockets grow under the gum line there may be drainage of pus from the gums or ulcers that build-up along the gum line, which, will make its way to the stomach & intestines causing erm bloating and discomfort, there is no fever this could ultimately lead to the destruction of the bone that supports the teeth and often leads to teeth that are loose and eventually fall
maybe that bacteria what was reacting to or with the chemicals in smoking, remember the tingling feeling I mentioned earlier appearing every now an again all that time ago?
I gently went round again til the smell had gone from the floss, this moved the gums away from the teeth basically allowing entry, and using the principle of water takes the path of least resistance, I was able to carry out my thoughts
If your thinking that’s gotta hurt? Oh yea it hurt alright, you will notice I am not making comments about lol or humour. It hurt.
A few hours later, I continued,so i then used half a small glass of one quarter water and 3/4 hydrogen peroxide 6% grade, looked at myself in the mirror and thinking “hear we go” and rinsed the solution, I did this making sure I got all areas, really slow rinse sometimes holding it static, no movement whatsoever letting it flood the dirty areas, allowing it time to travel to the areas possibly in deep pockets to submerge and clean the bacteria loaded area, I leaned forward almost upside down to submerge the top gum pockets for 1 min or so, I could feel the solution enter where I had previously felt that tingling sensation,
I used an oil pulling technique where you kinda slowly suck the liquid thru the teeth this helped, I did this for about 5 mins (30secs rinse is standard) approx an hour later I did the same again with my chlorhexidine based original flavoured mouthwash for about 5mins, (they recommend 1min) I laid on the bed with my head back, mouth closed and tongue kinda forced forward allowing the back of the tongue to become submerged, then standing up and brushing my tongue with my oralbrush thingy, whilst mouthwash was inside, yep it goes everywhere but this time it did not smell…at all.
i got my knotted floss dipped it in hydrogen peroxide (with very little added water) and slowly flossed – saying it hurt does not describe the raw pain I was experiencing, after each tooth I dipped it back into the hydrogen peroxide when it fizzed a little I believe this showed me where any bacteria was present (only 2 places) so I was able to work on those areas more, used mouthwash before bed mostly to leave on my tongue, scraped it then mouthwashed left it on there just spat out residue, then called it a day,
I always use mouthwash last, as I prefer trying to sleep with that taste in my mouth then hydrogen peroxide, last thing at night i try to leave the tongue coated with mouthwash
bacteria grow very quickly so the idea was to prevent that,
The next day, no fecal smell on tongue, in fact no smell at all, this makes me wonder if when I am asleep the bacteria within the deep pockets are making there way to dripping onto my tongue which could explain why my tongue coating is worse after sleeping, and that could explain about post nasal drip doing overtime, it’s the body trying to clear bacteria dripping off the tongue down the throat, post nasal drip (mucus) is unable to reach the source or the tongue therefore it only cleans what is arriving in its area, basically where the pus is dripping down the throat mmm nice.
I used mouthwash it was painful but done it, I tried flossing but if I touched any gums it was severly excruciating so I flossed the top half above the gums, I again used, hydrogen peroxide then mouthwash later, with a tongue scraping, yes I used my electric rotary toothbrush but with both hands on it using the “i played operation as a kid technique” and with hydrogen peroxide on it and only did some of each tooth, the hydrogen kinda keeps the tooth smooth and free of bacteria
I am also using sea salt in not a lot of water solution to rinse every couple of hours, sometimes I add a bit of fizzy vitamin c tablet to the sea salt,slow rinse and hold in the same place to allow it to drip down for a few mins, tipping my head back and staying still pushing forward my tongue with my mouth closed to expose the back of my tongue for 1min to the solution then retracting my tongue as it seems to prevent the fluid from reaching the deep below the gumline pockets properly, I can feel the hydrogen peroxide,mouthwash, sea salt or vit c rinse reaching the areas deep within and I believe it is in the areas surrounding the teeth where the problems are, you have to adjust angles height and be still whilst it washes down into the areas.
Tuesday eve, I tasted a metallic taste for a really short while, I believe a bit of blood dripped onto my tongue and I was tasting the iron in the blood, rinsed thoroughly with hydrogen peroxide rinse, then warm sea salt then mouthwash, and scrubbed my tongue in between – that taste has not returned.
my teeth or gum pockets deep down have been throbbing since Saturday morning its now Wednesday morning this is the first day they have not throbbed, my gums seems to have started to settle down, I can only describe the trobbing as being around the roots or within the gum pockets, maybe and hopefully its the gum nerves starting to work again, and not filling back up with pus.
At present I am washing my mouth with water, then warm sea salt solution rinse after every meal and in between meals, I am flossing twice a day without the knots but I may do it again with one small knot so I can scrape hydrogen peroxide on the inside of the gums,
I got one of those dentist sets from a £1 shop, with a mirror and scraper, I used the scraper to scrape any hardened stuff on my teeth where the gumline is, this should allow a clean area for re-attachment
I no longer chew gum or suck mints, I choose to drink water instead.
Waterpiks look a great idea, I believe that using this with hydrogen peroxide and water is the way forward allowing you to remove gunk from deep inbetween teeth, this I believe would be a great help , the higher the pressure the better, the one I was looking at is about £80, but at present I cannot afford so its on the wish list lol
I am using my tongue brush scraper twice a day – which is left to soak in hydrogen peroxide to kill germs whilst not in use.
After waking from sleep my bedroom smells better as the smell seemed to get in to everything, clothes, curtains, bed linen.
My tongue now smells of nothing…its smell is now neutral, there is no fecal smell what so ever, the coating is still present but there is less and it has changed colour slightly, this is only the 12th day so its early days, 20 years of abuse may take a year for the coating to disperse to thinner coating.
Since opening up the sides of my gums I had not been oil pulling as I believed it could be a food source for bacteria, I have now decided to start oil pulling again with sesame oil this time as research shows it may draw pus and toxins from gums, which stands true as when I was oil pulling my gums definitely had less pus in them, a lot less.
also earlier I mentioned about my heart, this has now gone away, but it may be in conjunction with training and the removal of bacteria as bacteria can effect the heart & blood supply system, and more research has shown gum bacteria will effect the heart valves – pyorrhoea (pus in gum pockets) is a serious silent deadly disease
Taste wise I have noticed a change,I tested via a cake which normally tastes very sweet although it has been months since I ate cake (boo hoo) this did not taste as sweet as it would normally do, maybe the sweet tasting tongue taste buds have been effected, this to me is a small sacrifice if it does not return.
After 8 or 9 days my throat hurt for 2 days – I believe this is the throat being able to heal , which indicates there is either no pus or such an insignificant amount it able to, either way it’s a positive reaction, this I remember also happened after giving up smoking and it lasted for a few days which research led me to expect that as it’s a healing process.
I am not sure if the bacteria is going to return, its possible that all I have done is managed to give it a good clean and over time it may return from the deep pockets filling up, I have no idea if I have killed all the bacteria, but no fecal smelling tongue has shown me that’s its deep within or below the gumlines where its effecting me
Since no fecal tongue I have not been bloated to the extent I was, this could be a combination of better diet, no smoking no drinking and getting fit taking effect and no pus dripping into the digestive system.
if it does return maybe a dentist deep clean/scaling and planning may be the next course of action,
I am disappointed that my previous dentist was unable or choose not to diagnose pus in gums until there is severe significant damage
My new dentist actually asked if I flossed, my old dentist did not, in fact my new dental practise is so far more advanced skills wise making me wish I have done it sooner,
My new dental practise has a hygienist which is something my old dentist did not, so 40 years of abuse with no clean….a wise choice to change.
To update, its now been 17 days and still no fecal tongue or breath, on the 14th day my bottom left gum became inflamed (been a long time since this has happened) and for the first time I felt pain around my impacted “not thru the gums” wisdom tooth, so thinking maybe its decayed and bacteria will return slowly by snail paced dripping along my gums I headed to the new dentist, thinking that my wisdom tooth would have to be removed as it had reared its head making itself finally known, I had to accept that if I do this it will be all over and I could live a normal life and be able to join in…and I would rather have my skin removed by a blunt potato peeler in a bath of salt and vinegar solution then have any teeth pulled especially as it would be a dangerous procedure.
this was not the first person I originally saw, this time it was 2 ladies, who diagnosed my wisdom tooth was not decayed, also that I did not have pyrrohea as they would have been able to smell it as I walked into the room, at this point I declined from explaining that may have been the case if I had not used knotted floss with hydrogen peroxide, which by the way as much as you think it is the reason why my gums are inflamed, it is not,
i have to say I really was given a thorough professional examination and really was in skilled competent safe hands but for one reason or another was unable at the time to digest or process the information, I wasn’t going to say the reason why because it will make me sound like a basket case but some things really should be shared…
the lady who was doing the examination was extremely thorough and skills were indeed faultless
once the examination was over she leant back and began talking, as I was listening I made eye contact as you do, as I gazed into her eyes, I became absolutely mesmerized and encapsulated by her eyes,
I felt my whole world kinda slowly rock, back forward and around, all the processing of any information from my mind had vanished, I was unable to access any stored thoughts of anything…nothing at all, it was like some kind of jedi mind trick lol
I managed to move my eyes from the line of sight, and she moved so I was back into the line of sight again, and it continued to happen, once it was all wrapped up and they were writing out their findings I was left thinking this really freaked me out I really don’t know what the freck just happened and where did it leave me? I had it in my head my wisdom tooth was a possible culprit and had resigned to the fact that it needed removing, so why was I unable to process years of information was it because someone was that close to me? Why was I unable to think straight like I am always capable of doing? No wisdom tooth issue ment that all I needed was a deep cleaning, why was I unable to access stored complex information that comes to me so dam naturally? Why was it not there, why was nothing there?
I was given anti biotics and a special anti bacterial mouthwash which is kinda greeney blue and makes your mouth feel super clean, my tongue coating is still present but has thinned out quite considerably since using the prescription
Once I came to my senses, wisdom tooth not an issue and not having pyorrhoea I was back on track with my original thoughts of the reasoning of moving from my old dentist to my new one, to get a deep clean by the hygienist which 40 years of abuse is the correct path to be on…this is next on the agenda, and I will update once done, an yes oil pulling once completed anti biotics.
Bad breath that is overpowering and makes people recoil from you is a symptom.
I am not interested in having a debate as this worked for me.
all I know is that this is working and its been 17 days of my new life!
If I have helped anyone please let me know, and most of all help others.
Thank you to the people responsible for creating this site.
Best wishes
Regards Vince
Oh, and I also watched a lot of scrubs this really helped a lot…..seriously.
