THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Blood borne halitosis

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
sputnik
Junior
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:58 am

Blood borne halitosis

Post by sputnik »

Hi everyone

Its been a while since I last posted so I`ll just summerize what I`ve been doing since.

I was convinced my bad breath originated from the digestive tract so I concentrated my efforts in that area. For a few months, this had been my regimen:

1/ Bentonite with psylium an hour before breakfast and two hours after diner.

2/ 30-35 Billion CFU probiotics twice a day.

3/ DGL 20mn before lunch and diner

4/ Just to add to the fresh feeling, I use a neti pot in the morning to clear my sinuses.

5/ I eat according to the rules of trophology, meaning I don`t mix proteins with carbs in the same meal.

6/ I went through an 8 day colon detox program where I refrained from eating during the whole program and took supplements to compensate. I did two colema daily to flush out excess fecal matter stuck in my guts.

7/ I used to take liquid chlorophyll, but it didnt help at all, so I stoped

The result of all this is a very fresh feeling in my mouth and throat. No bad taste whatsoever, but according to the reations I get, bad breath is still present although it isn`t room filling as it used to be.


I am seriously considering that my halitosis is in fact blood borne. According to my research, there are mainly three different conditions that will provoke blood borne bad breath:

1/ Liver disfunction. I ruled that out because my doctor says my liver is fine and funcitoning properly. Nor do I have any disconforts whatsoever.

2/ Kidney disease. Although I haven`t seen a doctor about that, I think I would have noticed through urine if anything was wrong. Besides, I don`t have any history of kidney problems.

3/ SIBO. THis is the one I concentrating on at this time. I have a long history of digestive tract diseases and disorders. The problem is I don`t have any of the symtoms related to SIBO. No leaky gut, diarrhea, or anything of the likes.

I`m at a loss at this point and would appreciate any advice ,new treatment, and approach. Does anyone have any idea on how to cure bloodborne halitosis.

Thanks
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

What about TMAU?

Getting your kidney function checked is a matter of a simple blood test and urine test.
sputnik
Junior
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:58 am

Post by sputnik »

Hi halitosux

I had done numerous blood test in the past and they never indicated that anything was wrong.

I have been considering TMAU lately, but have no idea how to test for it. Besides, isnt TMAU something that manifests itself early on in life?(in childhood) I started having bad breath only after high school. I had no problem of this sort before that.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Sputnik, TMAU can manifest itself in many different ways. Even the smell can vary from strong rotten fish odour, to fecal and garbage and a whole range of bizarre odours.
The very rare type of TMAU can start to appear early in childhood, but its usually during puberty or late teens, probably because of the hormonal changes that take place at this age.

Have a read through this thread:-
viewtopic.php?p=32942&highlight=#32942
Larc400
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:27 pm

Post by Larc400 »

If you can find a place that can measure your breath with the OralChroma, it can detect the percentage of dimethyl sulfide in your breath. I remember reading somewhere that high dimethyl sulfide would indicate blood-borne halitosis. You can probably find some old posts about it O:)
User avatar
mike987
Super Angel
Posts: 1228
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:47 am
Location: US

Post by mike987 »

SIBO sounds like it could be part of my problem too.

I'll add it to my list of things I'd like to test for, when I go back into the Gastroenterologist. Not happy with the last visit 'a quick scoping of the stomach and a verdict of mild gastritis'.. Cause your medication for it hasn't done shit. Well, I'd say it lowers the level of gas I have the following morning by 10 percent or so, but that's the only affect it seems to have.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗