Page 1 of 1

What causes dry throat ?

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:31 am
by 2ndbanana
Everytime my throat gets dry my bb is unbelievably horrible and on top of that I have nasal bb when this thing happen. So if anyone knows what causes it or someone experience the same thing, do share. And also when I suck my gums I taste something salty even after I brush my teeth. And when I rub the thing in between my lower lip and chin, it smells like shit.

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:48 am
by ihatethebus
I remember when doing my practicals...the tutoring otolaryngolist said smth like... Most patients who come with drying throat(usaully causing some discomfort at times when swallowing) could have one of their(2) nasal passages a bit abnormally larger than the other which becomes considerably smaller(said smth about havin 1 head n space logic silly joke)... Prolly too much air going in 1 nostril when you inhale and dryin u up.try blocking one with toilet paper when in public and swapping if people are reacting. A nasal polyp could also block one side. My two cents worth.

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:32 pm
by 2ndbanana
@ihatethebus thanks for the reply
I think you're right but in my case my right nostril is normal but the left one is not because when i block my right nostril and close my mouth i can't breath normally just breathing on my left nostril with my mouth close and sometimes it's really hard breathing doing that specially in the morning. i can't even do it for 30 seconds but when i do block the left nostril and close my mouth and just breath through my right nostril there's no pressure i can live just by breathing on the right nostril. i've always knew about this thing. even as a kid i had a hard time breathing my family thinks i have an asthma but doctors ruled out then that i didn't have an asthma maybe breathing disorder but for some reason i've never mention this to the doctors not even to the ent doctors and not even when i had my tonsils removed which by the way had reduced my bb and when i block the right nostril with my mouth close and blow on the left nostril i feel like there's air coming out of my left ear and the pressure of breathing is really hard specially when i woke up. does this mean i have nasal polyp?
if anyone relates to my symptom or knows any information about this, please feel free to share and discuss. any information you share could help us solve this. thanks.

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:28 am
by ihatethebus
u can take a regular sinus xray and post. I'll take it to an e.n.t to check for structural abnoramalities. For polyps, youll need an endoscopy tho(thats the bitch part).