THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Your daily mouth routine.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Eternalhappiness
Total Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:42 am

Your daily mouth routine.

Post by Eternalhappiness »

For all of you guys that suffer from chronic halitosis, what are your daily mouth routines? I want honest statements, because I'm sure we're all here for one reason..and that is to finally be cured of this curse once and for all. But in order to do so we have to try our hardest and be consistent. My bad breath has improved ten fold thanks to this site but i still have it. Atleast it went from stinking an entire room up to only worrying if the person is 6 feet or closer. It's a work in progress but hey....i'll get there some day. In the meantime. If you do post your routine be truthful! If you haven't flossed conistently day and night for the past atleaast 10 days don't say you floss night and day..and admit your faults. I want to see who here actually puts effort into doing more than the norm... on a CONSISTENT BASIS. This is my routine as of late.

Wake up, use baking soda to brush teeth (includes front, back, top sides..everything), gums, tongue, back of tongue all the way down in throat area. Then I use tongue scraper (2, one for the visible part of my tongue and the other reaches all the way in the depth of my throat literally to where the tongue connects to the flap that closes your esophagus. I scrap for as much time as i have on my hands, as of late i try to scrap atleast 30 times..but i recently hit 100 times without gaging and improved my day 10x fold. Then i floss ( i will admit in the past i never gave flossing a fair shot but as of late ive become obsessive with it and realized that between my teeth use to smell like absolute crap! so now i floss whenever no one is around or im not doing anything it makes a world of a difference)..then i use therabreath products for a quick brush of tongue, gums/ teeth/gargling. Some say the products work, others say they don't at the point it's better than using colgate that's for sure so for that reason alone i will continue. Well any other suggestions are welcome if you do anything out of the ordinary that has helped reduce even 5% of your bad breath id love to hear.

And as of late i have truly been doing this on a consistent basis, sometimes i brush with the baking soda for as much as 15 minutes or more if i can. The large routine i do when i wake up and before sleep. In between it's quick brushes but nothing CONSISTENT, however i've noticed alot of people on here are very precise so i will make it an absolute priority to get 2 other solid brushings into my daily schedule, not as long or complete but will make it part of my absolute daily routine. But as of now morning and night are 100% consistent. And i will try my results, if i even slip up 1 time missing something ill consider my results invalid and try again. I'll make sure everything is perfect because i want a damn cure once and for all. I'm sick and tired of it, I read a post the other day on here of someone who teaches not sure his name and how his students would cover their nose all lesson...broke my heart i can relate to that and so much more embarassing moments of my life and im ready to get rid of it. It's sickening as all hell and i've been more and more depressed as of late, but i will remain positive and continue to push harder and harder.
User avatar
hali_grl
Sheriff
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:04 am

Post by hali_grl »

Thanks for posting this :D
CNS
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:46 am

Post by CNS »

wow, I think you may be overscrapping your tongue though, which is not too good for the tongue I think.

For me, before I brush my teeth, I'd scrap my tongue once or twice first, then coat my tongue with toothpaste and let it sit there for at least 90s while I go ahead and brush my teeth. After that, rinse and then scrap tongue a few more times depending on how coated it is.

I used to brush when I just woke up, but because I think it's not so good to brush so many times a day, I sometimes have brunch first (my first meal of the day) then brush. It depends, sometimes I brush before and after brunch. At night, after dinner, brush again while bathing, and finally once more right before I go to bed. When I say "brush", it's together with tongue scrapping. I'm quite lazy about flossing though and only do it a few times a week as and when I feel that it's time to floss.

Maybe my cleaning routine is not as comprehensive as most of you here, but I think it's much more than what most other people actually do, so yeah, I do get thoughts like why people with much less dental hygiene (those who never tongue scrap or floss) can actually go through a whole day and still their breath never smells.
User avatar
hali_grl
Sheriff
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:04 am

Post by hali_grl »

Me and this member have been chatting on this website via pm's for a minute now and I'm just proud that he has decided to post his thoughts on here. Please continue to do so eternal. I do think that as long as your scraping gently and not so rough and tough it may not be in issue but if scraping too hard it may affect taste buds. I also expressed to him that i think brushing directly with baking soda on the teeth can be damaging to teeth enamel and that aloe vera juice or even toothpaste which is alkalizing as well maybe better. Me and this member have similar burning throats so I suggested it maybe silet reflux as I believe is the case with me. Thanks again eternal for posting your routine!
Phantasist
Sheriff
Posts: 477
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:32 pm

Post by Phantasist »

Eternal,

It sound like you're overdoing it. If you have to do all that to banish bad breath then that is definitely not a cure.

The tongue scraping is all right up to a point, but 100 times!?!

Reaching as far back as possible with the tongue scraper is good, but 5 or 6 scrapes should be enough. Keep the tongue scraper very clean so that you don't get an infection, and by all means, don't damage your tongue.

I think you will find if you do less, it will work just as well. Of course, we don't know the reason for your tongue coating - that would most likely be the underlying cause which needs to be cured.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
User avatar
deebo
Moderator
Posts: 985
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 6:06 pm
Location: Portland
Contact:

Re: Your daily mouth routine.

Post by deebo »

Hi Eternal . Before , I was doing the same . Scraping my tongue like crazy . Over time it actually got a bit worse . Then I saw this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZgj9CXaujw
I stopped scarping right away , and the tongue went back to its normal bad self. Now I do not really scrape ,but I brush it and under the tongue as well as gently forward on the tonsil . None of this of course in any way changes my worsening, room filling bb but it at least shows people that the issue is not my dental hygiene .

Its easy to get caught up with a routine when we get desperate . Hopefully we don't end up making matters worse in the long run .
________
skype ' skunkhugs '
Last edited by deebo on Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
compor
Advanced
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:54 pm
Gender:

Post by compor »

Hello Eternalhappiness,

Thanks for posting your routine. I agree with the others, I think you are overdoing it.

I have tried brushing/gargling with baking soda for weeks, can't say it improved my bb. It definitely helps get rid of the mucus in the throat, however I felt my tongue getting numb, I couldn't taste as good as before so I stopped using it.

Nowadays I use a toothpaste that contains Zinc which can only mask bb for 20 minutes or so. I have a mouthwash that contains no alcohol which I use as a last resort when I have unexpected guests.

By the way, what happened to mouth sprays? I used to see them everywhere couple of years ago. Last year I had to look for stores that sell them. This year I looked everywhere but couldn't find any.
elliott
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by elliott »

1) Wake up. Mug of hot water down as fast a hard as I can swallow it.

2) Rinse with baking soda, sometimes with peroxide. Examine how nasty it tastes far back in the throat area.

3) Another cup of hot water, swish and spit every few minutes to gauge the strength of bad mucous for the day. If it's really bad, I'll repeat the baking soda rinse. I try to halfway swallow and spit to rinse as far down as possible. Tilt my head as far down and up while the fluid is in my throat.

3) Floss every morning.

4) Light Tung Brush with baking soda, really just to see how fast the white is eliminated from the tongue, again just a gauge for myself to see how much bacteria is present for the day, not an odor eliminator.

5) Brush with normal toothpaste, alternate with baking soda every other day.

6) Sometimes Tung brush again to get the toothpaste residue off the tongue.

---

That's it. I don't do it at night, except for the odd floss if I feel I need to.

I used to do a lot more until I realized my breath cannot be controlled by oral hygiene. I asked and found out it made NO difference, as the BB "actually overpowers the morning breath... it smells the same pretty much, except for mixing with some mint" I once went on a brush at work stint, quickly I realized that the brushing teeth and tongue resulted in the exact same reactions as when I did nothing at all. Maybe besides some people who were surprised to see me brushing my teeth, and curiously they wanted to see if it worked out. They start up a fake conversation that ends really fast LOL...

----

These days my hygiene is more focused towards what I eat and especially when I eat it and how much I eat at a time. After a big lunch, I come back to work and suffer a lot more than when I eat a small green lunch with maybe some brown rice cakes. Damn I wish there were a solution I could swallow that would mask this shit for 3-4 hours. I could live with that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗