Your Email Address:

First Name:

What to do when your breath smells like poo

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
smellslikedodo

What to do when your breath smells like poo

Post by smellslikedodo »

I've had poo smelling bad breath since my late teens. Seriously it smells like someone took a big turd in my mouth everytime i talk. People always turn away from me when i start speaking or they cover their nose. People at my work are always making comments about something smelling like poo when i'm around.

I've tried therabreath, breathrx, smartmouth, all of which didn't do a darn thing. I've taken so many supplements i can't even count anymore. A supplement for this, a supplement for that. I think at one point i was taking like 15 supplements a day! That didn't help either.

I brush like crazy, for like 10 mintues every morning and night, and then ALWAYS after i eat something. I use some oxygen/zinc mouthwash and then i use a tongue scraper. Floss too. Still the nasty poo breath won't go away.

I feel like i'm running into a brick wall over and over again. What causes poo smelling breath? I'm serioulsy out of ideas and i have no idea what to try next. Anybody have any experience with getting rid of poo smelling breath?

Maz
Total Newbie

Post by Maz »

Hey. Quite a few posts similar on here that I've seen.

I gargle with hydrogen peroxide mixed with 5 parts water 3 times a day. I bought a travel mouthwash, emptied it and mixed it up in there so I can carry it with me. Also use bicarbonate soda toothpaste, and Waterpik. Seems to work for me, and many others on here that I've seen.

I also have a problem where I get a toxic smell from my mouth and nose every now and then too... But still no cure for that :(
BBBGone
Total Newbie

Post by BBBGone »

You may want to look at dietary changes. I find that when I eat grains like quinoa my breath smells like pure s&*t.
smellslikedodo

Post by smellslikedodo »

BBBGone wrote:You may want to look at dietary changes. I find that when I eat grains like quinoa my breath smells like pure s&*t.
been on several different types of diets. high protein low carbs, low protein high carbs, no grains, whole grains, vegetarian, etc. nothing really made a difference in the poo smell though.

When i eat or swallow it feels like there is a ball of mucus in my throat that won't go down. I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. I talked to my doctor about it and he thought it was psycological, aka he was completely clueless. Then he told me if i was concerned about my breath i should see a dentist, as if i haven't done that a million times already. I just left his office annoyed and pissed off. Anyway i'm wondering if i should see an ENT doc. I've read they can help sometimes...
chubbygirl
Junior

Post by chubbygirl »

maybe you should see an ent for that "ball of mucus that won't go down"

sounds kinda like pnd to me :)

btw . . . your doctor's crap for dismissing you just like that! :evil:
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Maz wrote:Hey. Quite a few posts similar on here that I've seen.

I gargle with hydrogen peroxide mixed with 5 parts water 3 times a day. I bought a travel mouthwash, emptied it and mixed it up in there so I can carry it with me. Also use bicarbonate soda toothpaste, and Waterpik. Seems to work for me, and many others on here that I've seen.

I also have a problem where I get a toxic smell from my mouth and nose every now and then too... But still no cure for that :(

What do you mean by '5 parts water'?

Maz, do you have the shitty fart breath and bowel issues like some of us?

Also, how long have you been doing that? I've been wondering if there are any real side effects to gargling with Hydrogen Peroxide often.... I've seen hearsay on the internet, but no definite answer.
faithful1

Post by faithful1 »

If you can, I would recommend seeing an ENT to check for post nasal drip. I hate when doctors tell you its "psychological" just because they dont believe you. I honestly thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown with a Gastro doc told me I didn't have BB and that it was all in my head. After so many years of suffering its difficult when a doc blows you off. But I would suggest either an ENT or a naturopath doctor.
josef5111

Post by josef5111 »

hey any one with bloody black stools with no pain? i have seen this recently i never hard it before so i went to my doctor and he said i will but camera in your mouth and ass to see wats going on in your stomach i think this is whats causing my bb although i have been suffering bb since i was around 12,
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

josef5111 wrote:hey any one with bloody black stools with no pain? i have seen this recently i never hard it before so i went to my doctor and he said i will but camera in your mouth and ass to see wats going on in your stomach i think this is whats causing my bb although i have been suffering bb since i was around 12,
Can't say I've ever had bloody black shit before... Maybe really dark shit, could have been black, but I don't recall bloody shit.
wess

Post by wess »

hi TS i read o post here regarding changing diet, i have bb since i was a kid i'm just lucky i was able to get married, she said to stop eating dairy products, rice etc!!! i did try it, since i want also to try every advices i found in the internet, and i feel that my bb is lesser than before, i'm still experementing, then after more than a week i ate a cup of rice and fish and my bb came back. so i stop again and tried diff approach no rice but i ate yogurt and when i wake up in the morning i feel my bb again, a sour taste like saliva. so now i'm back to square one counting another week if removing those food in my diet will really cure my bb. instead of drinking tea with milk, i just drink green decaf tea with just sugar. i'll keep coming here to update if all my experiment will work, i even try the bentonite clay powder but i can't take the taste of bento so i stop.

btw i'm also planning to go to my doctor for an H-pylori check.
smellslikedodo

Post by smellslikedodo »

Ok, got an appointment wiht the ENT doctor tomorrow. So i'm gonna ask him about PND and see if that's it. Hope so! But what can i take for constant PND? Is there some specific medicine i should ask about? The ball of mucus feeling i have in my throat is pretty much constant, but much worse right after i eat something.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic