Page 1 of 1
Bad Breath from Stomach and/or Post Nasal Drip?
Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:19 pm
by mjnk77
i've been having issues with BB or i believe i have, pretty sure i have. but anyway, i would get this awful taste in my mouth when i breathed. don't think it's coming from my mouth, but either my stomach or post nasal drip. ive been taking acidophilus as i read something about the acids in the stomach cause bad breath, but also i'm reading stuff about PND. it could be both for me, but i'm not sure. and because i have this BB or the feeling i have it but can't tell, i have problems sitting next to people, talking to people and now, i can barely make eye contact while talking to people. i try to look away in the case that my breath is bad. any suggestions on what i can do? dentist said my breath was fine, but it could have been a good day when i saw him, but he suggested it could be gastro. i'm gonna try and see my doc, but if that fails, i'm looking for things or products i can use to try and help me. any and all info would be grately appreciated. thanks.
Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:22 pm
by smiley
Best way to tell if you really have bb is to look at others reactions when you speak with them. Those of us who really have bb know from others reactions. I read that almost all cases of bb come from the mouth not the digestive tract (excluding throat) despite what people think. For the longest time I had no idea what caused my bb and just recently discovered it was pn drip. Here's a website that will let you know if your bb is pn drip related:
http://www.webmd.com/allergies/postnasal-drip
Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:11 pm
by plumbum
For post nasal drip I take NAC N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (2) 600mg capsules. One at night, one in the morning. It's an amino acid that you get from the vitamin store. It thins the mucus so it doesn't get stuck in your throat. I also take Zinc 50 mg a day. This seems to have gotten rid of my bad breath. I haven't had the reactions I use to get from people. I also take Threelac probiotics which helps with digestion. Along with regular good dental hygiene I think it might help you. I asked my ENT if he smelled anything he said no. Don't know if I believe him since doctors lie about that stuff.
ThreeLac?
Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:58 pm
by mjnk77
Thanks for the info. Where can I get the ThreeLac Probiotics? I'm going to the Vitamin Shoppe for the NAC and can get Zinc anywhere, but don't know where to get the ThreeLac. Thanks!
Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:29 am
by plumbum
I ordered my Threelac through Amazon. About $30 dollars for 60 packets. I took one after lunch and dinner. Let me know how it works for you.